[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
sharkry wrote:
It's a nice build to me!
But I don't know how to improve my char,
I could use some advice.:-D

and here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/bGQ0HjXu
There's not a whole lot of upgrades from where you are.

Bottled Faith would be nice. Flasks could use some work, best prefix is Chemists for reduced charges used, and you have too many bleed flasks. I'd replace the Amethyst with Bottled Faith, re-roll the mana flask to dousing, and the quicksilver to increased cast speed. Full 20% quality on flasks helps.

On the subject of cast speed - neither of your wands have increased cast speed, that's basically a straight up damage multiplier. Not that your current wands are bad by any stretch tho.

Sinvicta's in your offhand for triggering Rampage - if you even need the extra Rampage bits, running with a HH it's unlikely to be noticeable.

Viridi's with an extra projectile enchant would be a huge DPS boost. 33% more damage against bosses.

That's all I can see.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
I'm loving this build but I feel I die alot more then when I ran a block fr totem with shield instead of two wands (more like ziz/bickducks versions). I got pretty much the stuff recommended but I need/miss life on jewels, to get enough dex and res. I die in shallow delves when I try to level there, just get one shotted at nodes a lot. Also splat alot on t16 maps from oneshots. I'm at 3650 life, and I know that's on the short end.
Any suggestions? Did i miss something like a defensive layer?
I know I need a few more lvls too, being only 91, which I will put in life nodes when I get them :)
Also my chaos res is now -48. with the block build i were in the positive numbers, but now using amethyst flask to remedy it' shouldn't be that

Edit: just realized i'm below the suggested threshold for manapool, to cope with divine guidance and mom. Could that be it? Can someone explain why that threshold/mana requirement is that important? wouldnt mana regen matter more? I mean, how much does being 200 mana below the life/0.6*0,4
calculation matter?

I'm at 3650 life and 2185 mana, and according to the calculation i should have 2433 mana to be "safe". 1 more lvl should bring me above it with the Deep Thought skill point, so I guess I will be able to test it soon. If I can avoid dying! Which is my whole problem! :P
Last edited by Skelletkontrollant on Oct 3, 2021, 6:15:42 AM
"
I'm loving this build but I feel I die alot more then when I ran a block fr totem with shield instead of two wands (more like ziz/bickducks versions). I got pretty much the stuff recommended but I need/miss life on jewels, to get enough dex and res. I die in shallow delves when I try to level there, just get one shotted at nodes a lot. Also splat alot on t16 maps from oneshots. I'm at 3650 life, and I know that's on the short end.
I know I need a few more lvls too, being only 91, which I will put in life nodes when I get them :)
Also my chaos res is now -48. with the block build i were in the positive numbers, but now using amethyst flask to remedy it' shouldn't be that

Edit: just realized i'm below the suggested threshold for manapool, to cope with divine guidance and mom. Could that be it? Can someone explain why that threshold/mana requirement is that important? wouldnt mana regen matter more? I mean, how much does being 200 mana below the life/0.6*0,4
calculation matter?

I'm at 3650 life and 2185 mana, and according to the calculation i should have 2433 mana to be "safe". 1 more lvl should bring me above it with the Deep Thought skill point, so I guess I will be able to test it soon. If I can avoid dying! Which is my whole problem! :P
I'm not seeing much difference from what I'm running. I did unspec Arcane Potency from the tree, it's the last thing I'll head for, if I even get there. Those three points could go into Arcane Capacitor and the +6% life node next to Devotion. That would boost your life and mana by a fair bit - actually, to better levels than mine, and I don't die much anymore.

The only other difference I can see is flasks, and helmet enchant. The extra FR projectile enchant is a big damage boost, so critters have less time to kill you.

For flasks, I'm not running an Amethyst, I have a diamond instead, and I dropped the poison suffix for an immunity to shock. I'm using the pantheon minor to help with poison, and it hasn't been a problem. We regen quite a bit of life, degen is rarely an issue. Shock is another story, that boost damage taken by quite a bit. You might want to consider an Onslaught flask instead, as you don't have Sleepless Sentries on your clusters yet.

Hmm... just realized you're running an offensive Watcher's Eye. I went for extra ES while affected by Clarity, which boosts my ES to 1568. That's nearly 50% more than yours. Might be the difference.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"

calculation matter?

I'm not seeing much difference from what I'm running. I did unspec Arcane Potency from the tree, it's the last thing I'll head for, if I even get there. Those three points could go into Arcane Capacitor and the +6% life node next to Devotion. That would boost your life and mana by a fair bit - actually, to better levels than mine, and I don't die much anymore.

The only other difference I can see is flasks, and helmet enchant. The extra FR projectile enchant is a big damage boost, so critters have less time to kill you.

For flasks, I'm not running an Amethyst, I have a diamond instead, and I dropped the poison suffix for an immunity to shock. I'm using the pantheon minor to help with poison, and it hasn't been a problem. We regen quite a bit of life, degen is rarely an issue. Shock is another story, that boost damage taken by quite a bit. You might want to consider an Onslaught flask instead, as you don't have Sleepless Sentries on your clusters yet.

Hmm... just realized you're running an offensive Watcher's Eye. I went for extra ES while affected by Clarity, which boosts my ES to 1568. That's nearly 50% more than yours. Might be the difference.

Thank you for the reply! Going to make all those changes and test it out. I will say though, that getting that lvl to 92, and getting above that threshold of manapool made a huge difference too! ( I still don't understand why that breakpoint matters that much)
I went straight to lvl 93 Delving on without dying one single time! Now I swapped my magic ring with life to a pure chaos resist one I crafted, and started feeling a little more death again - that's easy to swap around though, just requires me changing one jewel in the tree for elemental resists, and I can try out pure chaos ring vs less chaos ring etc and find a balance with life/chaos I like.
I'm thinking the Watchers Eye with ES will help alot too.
About flasks and chaos res, if you don't run the Amethyst flask, where is your chaos res at? It's a good point about shock instead of poison, going to fix that, and I'll try my diamond flask again instead of the Amethyst and see how I fare :) I could run both Bottle Faith and diamond and have a massive amount of boss dps boost :) Will try an silver out too, swapping with diamond I think, until i can afford the Sleepless Sentries on cluster
Thanks again! :)
"

Thank you for the reply! Going to make all those changes and test it out. I will say though, that getting that lvl to 92, and getting above that threshold of manapool made a huge difference too! ( I still don't understand why that breakpoint matters that much)
I went straight to lvl 93 Delving on without dying one single time! Now I swapped my magic ring with life to a pure chaos resist one I crafted, and started feeling a little more death again - that's easy to swap around though, just requires me changing one jewel in the tree for elemental resists, and I can try out pure chaos ring vs less chaos ring etc and find a balance with life/chaos I like.
I'm thinking the Watchers Eye with ES will help alot too.
About flasks and chaos res, if you don't run the Amethyst flask, where is your chaos res at? It's a good point about shock instead of poison, going to fix that, and I'll try my diamond flask again instead of the Amethyst and see how I fare :) I could run both Bottle Faith and diamond and have a massive amount of boss dps boost :) Will try an silver out too, swapping with diamond I think, until i can afford the Sleepless Sentries on cluster
Thanks again! :)
My Chaos resist is -37%. I am running (usually) Soul of Shakari for a bit more chaos damage mitigation. I'll switch temporarily to burning ground immunity or life flask charges for specific maps / bosses, but for the most part I stick with Shakari. Most chaos damage seems to be damage over time, so that helps.

Even with terrible chaos resist, I never die to chaos, it's always a matter of getting overwhelmed with too many physical hits at once.

I suspect I could boost survival rates a fair bit with some extra physical mitigation - taste of hate flask, for instance. I don't really care about survivability any more, I'm level 97 with no plans to push any higher. And if I do, it'll be with 5-way legions or Chayula rotations, neither of which is dangerous.

Another useful tactic is to pull the Essence Worm ring and replace it with another Magic ring. Drops your DPS but boosts your defence by making crits against you toothless. I've used this in logbooks where the monsters get 100% crits against players with full life, for instance. The drop in DPS is rarely a factor, we put out so much damage we'll only notice a drop against bosses, and even then, only the really tough ones. I phase Sirus awakening 9 in seconds now, he's lucky to get off 2 attacks each phase.
Does dis survive the nerfs?
"
quodlike wrote:
Does dis survive the nerfs?
I don't think we'll know until the actual patch notes come out. It wasn't ever that much of a tank, so nerfs to defences likely won't have much of an impact.

The likely challenge, is that the raw damage output of this was high enough to put it deep into the meta for the league, and that typically results in some hard nerfs, however, this is always left to the patch notes.
I skimmed through the patch notes and I cannot recommend FR Totem in 3.16.

Yes, it's still viable.
Yes, it will still do decent damage.

The issue is how much QoL we just lost. The totems are gonna die extremely fast now, you will have to recast them at all time. There's no way to fix that now.

TLDR:

We lost the 45% less damage taken that the spell totem had at base (impossible to get back).
The totem cluster got nerfed hard.
Base totem life got nerfed.
Soul mantle totem life got nerfed.

We lose a big chunk of damage on the life scaling side (from the nodes nerf), but we do gain back some of it from the buff of Awakened Void Manipulation (+1 chaos) and possibly from the new tree.

For that reason, you definitely don't want to use Zerphi's Heart anymore.
Stacking clusters will be less viable compared to just getting stuff in tree.
Definitely need 3 Ancestral Preservation no matter what now, to get at least 75% chaos resistance on totem. (That suck big time, I rather just use one large cluster if possible. Voices might be a good alternative).
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 14, 2021, 6:33:51 PM
Was one of my favorite builds from the last 3-4 leagues.
I found out about this build way late into Expedition and still had massive fun with it with relatively fair investment. It was fun while it lasted :C
Would be awesome if somebody found ways to adjust this build to 3.16 later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info