[3.25 READY] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
masanity wrote:
Does Reigning Veteran not directly counter-act with Versatile Combatant or am I missing something? Wouldn't you want the Maximum Block to not be increased so that you could get more Spell Block?

VC works by putting our extra attack block after the cap into spell block, which means we will need 85 attack block instead of 75 to hit 60/50 (50/50 normally).

Without any shield mods though we can naturally hit 85 block on our own thanks to gladiator ascendancy, so this is not a counteraction for us.
"
artisanix wrote:
"
_DMG_ wrote:
Just took a quick look, so this means take Violent Retaliation over Blood in the Eyes?

blood in the eyes almost adds nothing to this build so it's waste on skill points

We use Blood in the Eyes over VR for the increased damage with maim and the maim on hit. The bleed chance is a bonus if we're using Haemophilia.

On a raw damage number Blood in the Eyes is technically better for bossing since blocking isn't entirely consistent, but either are good. I have this explained on my draft for the overhaul which is coming soon tm.
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Oct 28, 2021, 4:27:44 PM
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
masanity wrote:
Does Reigning Veteran not directly counter-act with Versatile Combatant or am I missing something? Wouldn't you want the Maximum Block to not be increased so that you could get more Spell Block?

VC works by putting our extra attack block after the cap into spell block, which means we will need 85 attack block instead of 75 to hit 60/50 (50/50 normally).

Without any shield mods though we can naturally hit 85 block on our own thanks to gladiator ascendancy, so this is not a counteraction for us.

I was reading VC wrong; I feel silly now. Thank you for your quick reply and explanation!
so this build isnt really able to run the end game higher tier bosses, with all the nerfs and such?
"
Dooftard wrote:
so this build isnt really able to run the end game higher tier bosses, with all the nerfs and such?

You should be able to run up to A5 sirus on sub 1ex worth of gear, but going up to the higher end will take longer. It's doable due to defenses, but it'd become a battle of attrition over speed (unless you invest about 10ex or so i think. not sure how prices are this league since im not running this build myself atm).
Is that with the switch to Champion/Slayer, the default original build, or overall?
ign: Ricmorn_Reaver
It needs to be mentioned that the essence craft for the shield has been nerfed to slightly weaker than T1 Armor rolls :(
Figured this would interesting those using this build

I had this build, but I will put in on pause for a while, mostly following one of GGG's post :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3194605

TLDR: Here is the interesting bit in this post (near the end)

---

Here is the missing patch note for armour-based shields.

Problem:
Tower Shields provide significantly more armour than the armour/evasion of other shield types, making them a no-brainer for non-crit Shield builds.

Solutions:
Reduced the armour provided by the top end shields, but raised the average defence of other shields so the difference in base defences isn't as extreme. Skills that scale off these stats will be rebalanced to account for these changes.

---

Hopefully, the last line indicates that they noticed the problem and will be increasing Shield Crush damage soon-ish
Last edited by lumino6 on Oct 29, 2021, 9:14:02 AM
Made the swap to Slayer. Haven't touched much from the tree, and going 0 clusters right now. So far doing t12-13 maps and progressing (been doing Heists for a while), and I feel the build is going way better.

Everything dies faster, haven't died once or been close to dying since I swapped to Slayer. Block is still capped with Versatile Combatant, and the Leech and Overleech regen any damage that goes through almost instantly. Swapped Flesh and Stone for Arctic Armour too.

That's not Endgame yet, of course, but it feels way smoother for me right now compared to how Gladiator was. Maybe Champion feels good too. I'll be updating as I progress a bit deeper into the t16/conquerors/guardians/elder&shaper part.
"
lumino6 wrote:
Figured this would interesting those using this build

I had this build, but I will put in on pause for a while, mostly following one of GGG's post :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3194605

TLDR: Here is the interesting bit in this post (near the end)

---

Here is the missing patch note for armour-based shields.

Problem:
Tower Shields provide significantly more armour than the armour/evasion of other shield types, making them a no-brainer for non-crit Shield builds.

Solutions:
Reduced the armour provided by the top end shields, but raised the average defence of other shields so the difference in base defences isn't as extreme. Skills that scale off these stats will be rebalanced to account for these changes.

---

Hopefully, the last line indicates that they noticed the problem and will be increasing Shield Crush damage soon-ish

I wouldn't believe that they might buff them again, they stated this are missed patch notes so it means that they would nerf them harder if not the shield nerfs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info