[3.25 READY] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

Please tell me if you take the Slayer subclass will it be much worse in terms of damage and survivability?
I really do not understand why do you think this build deal low damage.
Right now i switched to crit https://pastebin.com/RBxr9r8g with REALLY bad items i have 2.2m overlap dps. And my current "crit" version is only 20-27% of crit with ~400 multiplier.
The only downside right now is Abyssus. You can really catch a big hit. Maybe i should stick with 87/X block instead of 60/50

This build can scale to the moon and it is possible to reach 7-8m dps (with big investment ofc).
Possible upgrades:
- 1 big cluster 2 med cluster (phys/leech + crits)
- Ryslatha
- +Cruse+crit+exp body
- Assassin's mark ring + vuln ring
- Change Abyssus to warlord helm with phys increase aura
- Watcher's Eye with impale hits or double damage
- Jewels crit/AS/hp
Result could be something like that https://pastebin.com/SXwEvfu0
And even this could be improve.
"
Right now i switched to crit https://pastebin.com/RBxr9r8g with REALLY bad items i have 2.2m overlap dps. And my current "crit" version is only 20-27% of crit with ~400 multiplier.
The only downside right now is Abyssus. You can really catch a big hit. Maybe i should stick with 87/X block instead of 60/50

This build can scale to the moon and it is possible to reach 7-8m dps (with big investment ofc).
Possible upgrades:
- Ryslatha
- +Cruse+crit+exp body
- Jewels crit/AS/hp

Just switching to red maps items and 1 cluster tree you get like 3m dps(2 passives with leech) and other items as tabula or crown are pretty cheap, and we keep high block, without abyssus one shots. And as you work with upgrades this one will work(switching to slayer gives like 2mln dps on same late tree/gear). It's just harder as it requires more +gems to reach 24 and not only tabula.
Last edited by Deskowicz on Oct 27, 2021, 6:19:38 PM
"

Possible upgrades:
- Ryslatha
- +Cruse+crit+exp body
- Jewels crit/AS/hp

In comparison to what the build was at before the unannounced nerfs, the damage got hit quite a bit (looks like 30% or so). The build is still fine from what I'm seeing right now, but I'm working on PoB currently to bring the versions up. It looks like around 3m is what we can reasonably hit without big investment (assuming Vaal Ancestral Warchief is up) compared to the 4.5m or so that I had before all of these nerfs.

I'm currently working on guides for all 3 different duelist variants and i'll be overhauling the forum that way, so people can pick and choose what they like. Here are the benefits that we get from each type:

Champion:
- Shield Crush using Life instead of Mana for the cost
- 100% impale chance without Impale Support
- Taunting and defenses give great aura effects

Gladiator:
- Higher Block (capped without item investment) and attack speed at the cost of slightly lower damage
- Physical Reduction damage override during mapping
- Lucky Damage rolling makes Ryslatha's Coil a much better option

Slayer:
- Built in overleech, culling strike, and stun immunity
- Phys Reflect immunity

The guide is being reformatted for Champion over Gladiator due to how rippy Scourge League is, and I'm working on getting PoBs finalized for others. This is a version that relies on RT and Impale, and NOT a Critical strike version.
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

In comparison to what the build was at before the unannounced nerfs, the damage got hit quite a bit (looks like 30% or so). The build is still fine from what I'm seeing right now, but I'm working on PoB currently to bring the versions up. It looks like around 3m is what we can reasonably hit without big investment (assuming Vaal Ancestral Warchief is up) compared to the 4.5m or so that I had before all of these nerfs.

I'm currently working on guides for all 3 different duelist variants and i'll be overhauling the forum that way, so people can pick and choose what they like. Here are the benefits that we get from each type:

Champion:
- Shield Crush using Life instead of Mana for the cost
- 100% impale chance without Impale Support
- Taunting and defenses give great aura effects

Gladiator:
- Higher Block (capped without item investment) and attack speed at the cost of slightly lower damage

Slayer:
- Built in overleech, culling strike, and stun immunity
- Phys Reflect immunity

The guide is being reformatted for Champion over Gladiator due to how rippy Scourge League is, and I'm working on getting PoBs finalized for others. This is a version that relies on RT and Impale, and NOT a Critical strike version.

Awesome! So what is your opinion for now, if we look overall on all ascendancies? Champion > Slayer > Gladiator? Or all are equally good with own benefits you mentioned.
"
Awesome! So what is your opinion for now, if we look overall on all ascendancies? Champion > Slayer > Gladiator? Or all are equally good with own benefits you mentioned.

I'm thinking that Champion is the best for the current league. Gladiator is the best general mapper, and Slayer is best for bossing. These bonuses are not big enough to invalidate one ascendancy over the other, so I will be listing three different PoBs. Champion will be the focus on the forum guide.

My recommendation is going to be Champion for experienced players (3+ leagues), and Gladiator for newer players. Having natural block cap in Gladiator is much more friendly for a newer player and makes it easier for a newer player to progress, and while Champion is 'better', it has the caveat that we need an extra mod on the shield for true 50/50 block. More experienced players should understand what makes packs scary, while newer players still need to learn that, so block would be more beneficial.

In regards to raw defenses:

Champion > Gladiator > Slayer

In regards to raw damage:

Champion = Slayer (only because of 20% cull) > Gladiator

In regards to general mapping speed/comfy factor:

Gladiator (phys damage reduction override) > Slayer = Champion

In regards to bossing:

Slayer > Champion > Gladiator

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

Gladiator:

Just took a quick look, so this means take Violent Retaliation over Blood in the Eyes?
guys... don't update your pob
"
_DMG_ wrote:
Just took a quick look, so this means take Violent Retaliation over Blood in the Eyes?

blood in the eyes almost adds nothing to this build so it's waste on skill points
Last edited by artisanix on Oct 28, 2021, 1:55:20 PM
Does Reigning Veteran not directly counter-act with Versatile Combatant or am I missing something? Wouldn't you want the Maximum Block to not be increased so that you could get more Spell Block?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info