[3.25 READY] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
I started with this build was this a mistake?

That's still a decent build that can carry you to T16s. Most of us complain because it has been nerfed by ~20% offensively, and has a bit less life, and lost very high spell block in comparison to previous league.

So to feel good at end game (content harder than vanilla T16s) you need to invest more into it.
"
what u mean with "hope you will fix the build"? I started with this build was this a mistake?

This build is still a good starter, but not something (at least right now) that we can scale well into tippy endgame at the moment(juiced t16 maps, a8+ sirus, maven, etc).
This has been a fun build so far, thanks for making it (and making it SSF compatible for poor people like me). I do have a question, though. When you say "We get our leech through Jewels, Cluster Jewels, or the passive tree.", specifically which passives are you referring to? I don't see any allocated on PoB.
"
Homestyr wrote:
This has been a fun build so far, thanks for making it (and making it SSF compatible for poor people like me). I do have a question, though. When you say "We get our leech through Jewels, Cluster Jewels, or the passive tree.", specifically which passives are you referring to? I don't see any allocated on PoB.

Check the levelling trees and there should be a path to the right to the 'vitality void' and 'spirit void' notables. We get the first point in that wheel for life and mana leech at the cost of 4 skill points.
Getting to red maps, and its been quite smooth so far. Still got to improve some gear, get 6-links, change haemophilia for some nice sinistral gloves, get Vaal Warchief, etc..., so there's quite a lot of room for damage yet, and survivality hasn't been an issue so far.

However, I've been toying with PoB for a bit, trying different Ascendancy combinations (Glad, Slayer and Champ), and I may consider swapping to Slayer:

- Seems like a decent dps gain (and that's not even counting the buffs from "10% more damage if you have Killed recently" and "10% attack and movement speed for 20 seconds when you kill a rare or unique", which you will have constantly while Mapping.)

- The overleech and extra leech is quite some QoL too. Immunity to phys reflect and immunity bleeding while leeching.

- 10% extra culling and 20% more damage to Unique mobs.

You lose a 10% max block chance compared to Gladiator, and a bit of Armour and the "10% reduced damage taken if you have taunted recently" (appart from the extra impale stack and damage from them) from Champion. But I kinda think it's worth it.

Open to hear your thoughts about it.
Last edited by DoomEdg3 on Oct 26, 2021, 7:12:17 AM
Champion is pretty tanky… What about adding petrified blood and bloodthirst support to boost the damage? That gives us the option to run dreadbeak for permanent onslaught, and the 100% increased on low life, which is global. We could also abuse adrenaline by dipping over and back under 50% life.
"
DoomEdg3 wrote:
Open to hear your thoughts about it.

I think alike.
Previously we chose glads mainly because of their attack/spell block, not damage.
Now when they released block mechanic to the "public" some options like slayer with culling and other qualities look really good as alternatives.
I'm wondering, why not take the increased shield armor option from armor mastery? Does it not count towards the shield crush damage bonus?
"
Homestyr wrote:
I'm wondering, why not take the increased shield armor option from armor mastery? Does it not count towards the shield crush damage bonus?

No it doesnt. Its not increase armour on shield itself.

Physical mastery 20% chance to impale is working btw. Its tooltip bug.
Last edited by PrimarchFerrus on Oct 27, 2021, 2:44:19 AM
Hey,why not take violent retaliation from the ascendancy,since lucky hits will give u bigger impales,and ignoring phys red on monsters is also a big boost on dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info