[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

"
LazyOtter wrote:
Hello, guys! I am a newish player to this game (never reached this far into the game) and I am currently stuck in yellow maps.

Thank you.

I am just 2 levels higher than you and I clear low reds comfortably with Orb. I am on 5 links as well. Here is what I think:

1. Complete your ascendency. It costs nothing and the power charges and endurance charges will help.
2. Consider replacing your amulet with Foible. The reduced critical chance from Aylardex may not be enough to consistently keep Elemental Overload active. EO is a major source of damage. Foible + anointment might also give you enough mana regen to enable Agnostic as well. Although you will want to pick up a bit more regen I think. Mana recovery on belt is very, very good even if only a leather belt (much less expensive) instead of a Stygian Vise.
3. Allocate one additional 10% increased area of effect nodes to get your AoE radius to 28. This break point will get you 1 extra hit per BL projectile which is a significant boost to damage. Note: POB will not show the damage increase. Use the spreadsheet in the POB notes to get a better estimation of damage.
4. After this I go the Sorenalike suggested route of getting Curse Enemies with Conductivity on Hit on my ring and Corrosive Elements on my large cluster jewel. For survivability you should get Disorienting Display (for Blind) as well of course.

For passive points I dropped the path to Arcane and Profane chemistry to invest more into cluster jewels. Also picked up some cast speed with points that will eventually go elsewhere once I get the jewels I want.

So your Orb of Storm will (probably?) be back in action with ascendency + EO via replacing Aylardex + curse/exposure.
Last edited by Exchequer_ on Oct 10, 2021, 11:25:41 AM
"
Exchequer_ wrote:

2. Consider replacing your amulet with Foible. The reduced critical chance from Aylardex may not be enough to consistently keep Elemental Overload active. EO is a major source of damage. Foible + anointment might also give you enough mana regen to enable Agnostic as well. Although you will want to pick up a bit more regen I think. Mana recovery on belt is very, very good even if only a leather belt (much less expensive) instead of a Stygian Vise.

Would that help me out at all?
"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
"
Exchequer_ wrote:

2. Consider replacing your amulet with Foible.

Would that help me out at all?

POB damage calculations just assume you are critical striking every 8 seconds. Aylardex gives me 5% critical chance while Foible gives me 13%. EO is 40% more damage (not 40% increased, 40% more--a direct multiplier of damage) so it is powerful. Keep an eye on your status icons to see how often EO is active for you.

Plus Foible with its 25% reduced attribute requirements means less passives taken for dexterity which means more for clusters. With some additional regeneration you can drop the Arcane/Profane chemistry branch so you can fit in a medium cluster for Wish for Death (culling strike) and Master of Fear (enemies are unnerved). You can craft the medium cluster with harvest. Get an iLevel 68 or higher curse cluster and use the caster mods are more common crafts. Landing Wish for Death is easy. I try the land that with a decent second notable and use that while getting another curse cluster jewel to keep trying for both.
Can orb of stroms be changed for something else? Feels a bit clunky to use. I was thinking maybe arc/crackling lance/manabond (does it work with Archmage?)/ or maybe gmp ball lightning?
Last edited by HerbFiend on Oct 13, 2021, 1:31:08 PM
What would be better, Leyline/Aetherwind/Nexus gloves or Fingerless Silk gloves?
Scourge patch notes are out. What kinda changes might we see?
That massive skill tree revamp isn't in patchnotes. So it's hard to tell.

But overall looking good. Especially on a top end - awakened supports that we use got built-in unnerve and exposure on lvl 5.
Last edited by HennekY on Oct 15, 2021, 5:21:16 AM
Pledge of hands now only drops from uber atziri, ouch it will be expensive i guess.
Last edited by Krynsu on Oct 15, 2021, 4:42:39 PM
"
Krynsu wrote:
Pledge of hands now only drops from uber atziri, ouch it will be expensive i guess.

Glad I got the 3.15 variant.
I am reurning/beginner player, i want to start with news league. Will this build be viable or is it too soon to say? Treat me and answer as I am almost complete beginner. Thank you ;)
Last edited by rudyjaskier on Oct 18, 2021, 10:41:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info