[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
Korize wrote:

The biggest thing I can think of for you is honestly get a Vaal Lightning Strike, it is Such a massive dmg boost for Single target.. or clearing.. or anything really, the damage boost it gives is really good. Get one.

Also yeah, getting determ is great, but you can do that without a enlighten 4 if you put your anger in a Lifetap - Inc duration - Divine Blessing support chain.
That makes it last.. 20? seconds, but it dont reserve mana permanently and allows you to just run determination, massive boost in survivability + keeping the damage.

Thanks, will try it soon. Like the numbers determination gives us in pob.
Question regarding omni and glove influence:

Im using anomalous VLS , so i dont need any other gear with piece, i got roughly 1250 omniscence.

Should i go for 15% lightning exposure on my gloves or better take accuraccy on pinacle bosses?

Im not sure how good elemental penetration scales after 140-150% , its still worth to take it? Lightning dmg is my dominant damage type.

"
Enterich wrote:
Question regarding omni and glove influence:

Im using anomalous VLS , so i dont need any other gear with piece, i got roughly 1250 omniscence.

Should i go for 15% lightning exposure on my gloves or better take accuraccy on pinacle bosses?

Im not sure how good elemental penetration scales after 140-150% , its still worth to take it? Lightning dmg is my dominant damage type.

Order of importance when scaling a crit build is generally as follows:

1. Accuracy
2. Crit Chance
3. Crit Multi
4. Everything else

For us, crit multi is pretty well baked in, but 1 (accuracy) is always most important until you get it to 100 (or as close as possible). Omni does all the penetration you really need, but in an ideal world... pen the best implicit. In your world, accuracy is probably best.
~Donkster5
"
agates911 wrote:
So I have been playing this build in SSF. I am obviously at the mercy of self-crafted gear. I have made a few changes to the tree. My damage at this point is fine in maps, but is terrible on Maven/Sirus. I usually swap Inspiration for Multistrike on bosses. Can you take a look at my character and offer any advice?

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds/char/agates911/Bright_Knight?i=12&search=class%3DChampion%26skill%3DVaal-Lightning-Strike

I'm just looking at this now, and just based on your gear at the moment (which is really nice for SSF, btw), I'm going to assume you've made upgrades since writing here. Tell me if you still need advice and I'll grab the PoB and check it out.
~Donkster5
"
Korize wrote:
Right, so I am currently level 95, slapping everything right left and center.

Soon I can even afford a Omni, but honestly this build - DOES - NOT - NEED - ONE -

It does incredibly well without one

You can check my character if you want, it is Reavie, lv 95 champ.

Love the build, great fun, solid dps, great tankyness.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Yup, I've been loving this build for several leagues. Min/maxing is fun, which you have plenty of room to do, but the build can do everything without taking it the extra several miles/kms.
~Donkster5
"
chungexintu wrote:
Hello and sorry for my poor English,

I'm trying this build and till now I think everything is good. fast clearing speed in red tier map and really tanky.
But I have found that my dps is very low, very very low, only 400-500K... I know my build is far away from complete, and DPS is limited by
- I'm using a claw with about 500 eDPS as I cant afford a better one atm
- haven't got the hunter glove or shapper ring set
- I'm using jewels to cap elemental resistances.
- cant afford enlighten so no herald of ice
but I dunno why my dps is as low as only 500K, really confused, can you plz help check my build and give some suggestion? now there is about 1.5 EX left in my wallet and dunno how to improve my build.

POB: https://pastebin.com/6D06geNR

thanks a lot

Your claw is actually probably good enough to never upgrade until you are at the extreme end of min/maxing. I've completed the entire game with this build, no omni, and a worse claw.

First off... Get +1 strike on gloves!!! Ancestral call is necessary up until that point... but you need to get a different 6th link (Inspiration is my choice) ASAP. You could consider added cold damage as well if you're struggling with getting trinity.

Shaper ring is no longer a thing (unless you're playing standard)... the PoB is fully updated (Check notes tab in PoB) but the written build on these forums is not... sorry.. I should delete all the misleading info.

Remove Conductivity from your build at this point

Mark on hit actually doesn't need to be linked to an attack skill. You hit with your normal LS attack and it will still apply it without it being linked up. Its weird that its not like hextouch... but its nice!

Reallocate those dex passives (shouldn't need them unless you have Omni) into the marked for death wheel.

~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
chungexintu wrote:
Hello and sorry for my poor English,

I'm trying this build and till now I think everything is good. fast clearing speed in red tier map and really tanky.
But I have found that my dps is very low, very very low, only 400-500K... I know my build is far away from complete, and DPS is limited by
- I'm using a claw with about 500 eDPS as I cant afford a better one atm
- haven't got the hunter glove or shapper ring set
- I'm using jewels to cap elemental resistances.
- cant afford enlighten so no herald of ice
but I dunno why my dps is as low as only 500K, really confused, can you plz help check my build and give some suggestion? now there is about 1.5 EX left in my wallet and dunno how to improve my build.

POB: https://pastebin.com/6D06geNR

thanks a lot

Your claw is actually probably good enough to never upgrade until you are at the extreme end of min/maxing. I've completed the entire game with this build, no omni, and a worse claw.

First off... Get +1 strike on gloves!!! Ancestral call is necessary up until that point... but you need to get a different 6th link (Inspiration is my choice) ASAP. You could consider added cold damage as well if you're struggling with getting trinity.

Shaper ring is no longer a thing (unless you're playing standard)... the PoB is fully updated (Check notes tab in PoB) but the written build on these forums is not... sorry.. I should delete all the misleading info.

Remove Conductivity from your build at this point

Mark on hit actually doesn't need to be linked to an attack skill. You hit with your normal LS attack and it will still apply it without it being linked up. Its weird that its not like hextouch... but its nice!

Reallocate those dex passives (shouldn't need them unless you have Omni) into the marked for death wheel.

Hi,

thanks for suggestion, I have updated my build according to your suggestions with
-got a hunter +1 glove and replaced Ancestral call by inspiration
-updated skill tree by putting dex points to marked for death
-got a diamond flask as yours
now with setting all my gems(except awakened) to 20/20, my dps has increased to about 1M. and I think my problem is missing about 200% increase elemental damage with attack skill totally on amulet rings belt and elemental mastery skill tree wheel.

I wonder b4 i can afford farrul omni or bottled faith, is there something else not too expensive (under 2EX) which can make great help to improve my dps? or should i just focus on increase attack damage, critical chance and multiplier on rare gears? is there any recommended cheap watcher's eye? is that lethal pride good for this build? noticed you have deleted lethal pride in your written build but you are still using it in POB.

thanks
"
chungexintu wrote:
r

Lethal pride is good if you have omni… otherwise a mantra of flames is a good cheap option. For WE, a crit multi (anger is best) or attack speed with precision are nice. Thread of hope (large ring) is nice in that same spot as well as it connects with lots of ele dps, etc.
~Donkster5
I'm curious if you have any insight. I was reading through your thread and it reminded me to get the +strikes gloves. I was having a hard time in maps, not feeling comfortable in T15+ and not really feeling good about my time.

I bought a +2 strikes +1 pierce glove base and rolled them into the so-so gloves I have on. I swapped out awakened ancestral call for a 21/20 inspiration support and got the 2 passive points I had invested into the passive "an additional pierce" and was able to get Forces of Nature.

My DPS went from 150k tooltip to 600k tooltip. I know not to take too much credence in the in game tooltip dps, but I'm still getting used to POB

Was this mostly Inspiration? Any tips on getting my DPS higher?

Last edited by Red3eard on May 25, 2022, 1:05:16 AM
"
Red3eard wrote:
I'm curious if you have any insight. I was reading through your thread and it reminded me to get the +strikes gloves. I was having a hard time in maps, not feeling comfortable in T15+ and not really feeling good about my time.

I bought a +2 strikes +1 pierce glove base and rolled them into the so-so gloves I have on. I swapped out awakened ancestral call for a 21/20 inspiration support and got the 2 passive points I had invested into the passive "an additional pierce" and was able to get Forces of Nature.

My DPS went from 150k tooltip to 600k tooltip. I know not to take too much credence in the in game tooltip dps, but I'm still getting used to POB

Was this mostly Inspiration? Any tips on getting my DPS higher?

Tooltip is pretty much useless but a quadruple of dps should feel good. It’s hard to know more without a pob or gear linked here. Your dps boost is likely mainly due to inspiration and higher crit chance. Ancestral call is a big drag on endgame dps as it does not add anything other than the strike. In fact, until it’s leveled up, it takes away dps. Inspiration adds dps, crit chance, and lowers the mana cost.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info