[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:
Hey, enjoying the build alot so far, clearing is good but bossing takes ages, that's my fault for having terrible gear though.

Any recommendations for early game gearing? Maybe some uniques that would help alot.

Carnage heart is a decent amulet. Other than that, it basically comes down to scaling your flat elemental damage and crit chance higher. A good diamond flask with crit chance suffix is a huge boost. Local or crafted crit chance on a claw is a huge boost. Hard to say more without a PoB.
~Donkster5
"
I am following the build and the build has great survivability. However, sometimes my damage is low and I could not finish blight encounters in yellow maps. Am I doing something wrong? This is the item that I have now. What should I be working toward next? Also, I checked the price for Crystallised Omniscience and it is extremely expensive. Is there any other amulets that I should be using instead before getting it?

Without looking further, your claw isn’t very good. Instead of flat ele, craft on attack speed. That should help quite a bit until you get a better claw.

Additionally, are you following the HC tree and using determination and grace? If yes, then perseverance belt is basically BiS. If not, you’d be better off with a well rolled stygian vise. The dps increase from perseverance comes from having armor and evasion both at very high numbers. If one of them is lower, it’s just not very good. (I see Anger, so i’m guessing the answer is no).
~Donkster5
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
I just finished acts started t1 map with some fine gear.. and i do 0 dmg
maybe i'm doing something wrong.. most likely

can you checkout my char?
"LSAwakened"

I'm sure even after acts i should be able to deal fine dmg with my gear

Drop a PoB or link your gear here.
~Donkster5
https://pastebin.com/SaTvXw2x

this my pob, must improve claw and need farrul fur+ enlight

i must choice between anger/determination due to not have enlight i choice first for more dps....

btw what flag i miss on pob?
"
Beskaius wrote:
https://pastebin.com/SaTvXw2x

this my pob, must improve claw and need farrul fur+ enlight

i must choice between anger/determination due to not have enlight i choice first for more dps....

btw what flag i miss on pob?

A. You need a diamond flask! from the notes: "Flasks:

1. If you don't have The Interrogation (Unique Jewel), use a Diamond Flask with Gain a Charge on Crit (Prefix) and Increased Crit Chance (Suffix) (ilvl 82 can give T1 of both mods)

At most one other flask should have Gain a Charge on Crit Prefix as those flasks split the granted charge(s) between them"

B. You switched to the endgame tree before getting adequate spell suppression numbers on your gear. Look for a shield with T1 spell suppression to help with that gap. Alternatively, path back into Magebane (4 passives) either using regrets or your next 4 levels.

C. Flag you missed is Shock... put it at 20 for a low but likely accurate shock number. Also, I'm not sure how you are generating charges, which are checked in the PoB. One option is to switch your "Mark" mastery to chance for frenzy on hit" until you have a farruls or use blood rage. for power charges on bosses, you can place "power charge on critical strike" in place of added lightning or set up a separate static strike/SH/LS with PCoC on it. Static strike is nice because it keeps going for a few seconds after you press it once.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on May 19, 2022, 10:14:17 AM
I had a couple lucky drops and decided to grab an omni wholesale the price was skyrocketing. I have 10 ex left to my name and want to roll this build. what should I buy with the 10ex that will be most impactful? Spend it all on a claw?
Last edited by dperls on May 19, 2022, 6:33:49 PM
"
dperls wrote:
I had a couple lucky drops and decided to grab an omni wholesale the price was skyrocketing. I have 10 ex left to my name and want to roll this build. what should I buy with the 10ex that will be most impactful? Spend it all on a claw?

Nice! Honestly, I think Omni is being price fixed a bit but we’ll see in a couple weeks.

I’d grab a farrul’s as it’s really nice QoL for charges and then use the remainder on a claw. You can always upgrade claws later.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on May 19, 2022, 7:44:14 PM
How much str/dex/int should i aim for switching to omni? Still not able to buy it but i want to be prepared and crafting/buying items meanwhile.
"
Enterich wrote:
How much str/dex/int should i aim for switching to omni? Still not able to buy it but i want to be prepared and crafting/buying items meanwhile.

a total of 599 is the breakpoint where you don’t need any resistances on your gear. If you don’t have that much, you can probably fill your resistances with a single benchcraft mod. It’s really up to you, but I’d switch as soon as I had omni and a couple well rolled omni rings/belt. Then just fill in the rest over time.
~Donkster5
Is there a version of this build where you eventually swap into using Omniscience? It seems like the epen would be really good?

Also I could've sworn I already saw a guide that included that as a late game swap... but I can't find it anymore, and this is the only champion lightning strike build I can find.

Is it hidden as a discussion in the replies of this thread somewhere that I can't find anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info