[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

You really should have a warning about anyone wanting to use Aspect of the Cat. Every 7 seconds (or less if you use lesser duration support gems...) you hear "Ch ch ch" ringing type sound when your charges expire. It's one of the most annoying sounds you'll hear on repeat while playing the game. It's so bad I have sound effects disabled. Anyone know if there's a way around that (aside from leaving sound effects on and embracing insanity)?

*EDIT* I assumed less duration support would make it so these charge depleting sounds happen more often, but it stops them from happening entirely. Shuffling gems around to make that happen fixed the issue!
Last edited by Huseby on Nov 30, 2021, 5:03:20 PM
"
meep_42 wrote:
"
The easy way to fix it is to socket in Added Lightning Damage into your Static Strike setup instead of Rage.

I think P2L is a better support, it will ensure 100% of exposure applications are lightning since the fire/light damage ranges don't overlap at all. Added light (20/20) has significant overlap, meaning a low-roll with lightning damage will apply fire exposure -- I estimate this will happen with the POB damages around 30% of the time.

[Light damage < 1998 (~18.6%) ] + 0.5 * [Light damage between 1998 and 2910 (~22.3%) ] = 29.75%
Yup, you’re right once again. Thanks for doing the nitty gritty dirty work. I’m using it now on my set up.
~Donkster5
"
Huseby wrote:
You really should have a warning about anyone wanting to use Aspect of the Cat. Every 7 seconds (or less if you use lesser duration support gems...) you hear "Ch ch ch" ringing type sound when your charges expire. It's one of the most annoying sounds you'll hear on repeat while playing the game. It's so bad I have sound effects disabled. Anyone know if there's a way around that (aside from leaving sound effects on and embracing insanity)?

*EDIT* I assumed less duration support would make it so these charge depleting sounds happen more often, but it stops them from happening entirely. Shuffling gems around to make that happen fixed the issue!

Lol, I’m not sure how the less duration gem made them go away… I’m guessing they just get lost in the shuffle. My original thought when i read your comment was that you should wear those boots that give you ‘maddening presence’ for extra realism. Then, just run delirium maps.
~Donkster5
Thanks so much for this build; I am absolutely loving it so far! It saved me when I was starting to feel really bored with steel skills, this was the perfect pivot!

Any chance I could ask for a little help pushing the damage on it? I've done A8 Sirus now and delved down to 250, so the damage isn't bad. It's super tanky and feels good, but I'd love to squeeze a little more DPS. The only low hanging fruit I see is the Blizzard Crown, for which I'm saving. Maybe the weapon needs upgrading?

https://pastebin.com/DjkPqtE2

"
Thanks so much for this build; I am absolutely loving it so far! It saved me when I was starting to feel really bored with steel skills, this was the perfect pivot!

Any chance I could ask for a little help pushing the damage on it? I've done A8 Sirus now and delved down to 250, so the damage isn't bad. It's super tanky and feels good, but I'd love to squeeze a little more DPS. The only low hanging fruit I see is the Blizzard Crown, for which I'm saving. Maybe the weapon needs upgrading?

Glad you're enjoying it!

Things I see:
1. You should be able to get a better claw without much expense. The attack speed is a more multiplier. At least craft on better speed. Edit: because we use secrets of suffering and can get 10 stacks of brittle on bosses, crit chance on our weapon isn't as important. Its great to have, but not necessary. Keep that in mind when searching for a new claw.
2. An anger crit multi WE can give you 30+ more crit multi.
3. I didn't see +1 pierce craft on anything... it won't help you single target, but it feels really nice with multiple enemies around.
4. I tweaked your current tree a bit to give you a decent dps boost by sacrificing a little life. Take a look: https://pastebin.com/ZLWqBSw6

For going extra hard... Drawmonster and I have been pushing the build beyond my original recommendations. Here is what I am playing right now: https://pastebin.com/uaqc3NYd One thing to take away for you without bothering with clusters, etc, is a large thread of hope could allow you to get +2 pierce with a single passive, as well as a chunk of elemental damage with flask effect down below.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Dec 1, 2021, 9:19:21 PM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"

Glad you're enjoying it!

Things I see:
1. You should be able to get a better claw without much expense. The attack speed is a more multiplier. At least craft on better speed. Edit: because we use secrets of suffering and can get 10 stacks of brittle on bosses, crit chance on our weapon isn't as important. Its great to have, but not necessary. Keep that in mind when searching for a new claw.
2. An anger crit multi WE can give you 30+ more crit multi.
3. I didn't see +1 pierce craft on anything... it won't help you single target, but it feels really nice with multiple enemies around.
4. I tweaked your current tree a bit to give you a decent dps boost by sacrificing a little life. Take a look: https://pastebin.com/ZLWqBSw6

For going extra hard... Drawmonster and I have been pushing the build beyond my original recommendations. Here is what I am playing right now: https://pastebin.com/uaqc3NYd One thing to take away for you without bothering with clusters, etc, is a large thread of hope could allow you to get +2 pierce with a single passive, as well as a chunk of elemental damage with flask effect down below.
Wow, this looks awesome. Thank so much! I'll enjoy digging in to this and seeing where I can push it. Thanks again!

Edit: holy cow I'm an idiot. I didn't realize I could get the +1 pierce on my gloves. Adding that on has been great and now I don't feel like I need to spend 30ex on a new helmet, just enchant the one I have. I made a few tweaks and it's feeling really good now; I crushed Sirus earlier today. Thanks for the great build!
Last edited by VilandilTasardur on Dec 2, 2021, 3:18:29 PM
can i get to 90 in endless delve event?
I don’t see why not. This build does well with delve-like environments. I’m considering doing it ssfhc.
~Donkster5
Hi!

Thanks so much for creating this build. How much crit chance and crit multiplier this build should have for minimum? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by elvorfindra on Dec 5, 2021, 4:37:45 PM
Thanks for sharing the build!
Which nodes should I focus on getting first on SSFHC?
POB only has the level 95 full tree so I'm a bit confused where I should go first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info