Fyregrass' Comprehensive Freezing Pulse Totems Guide - Act 1 to Maven 9 (Updated for 3.15)

Definitely dont need the Rain of Splinters, build felt smooth on just a 4l Soul Mantle and 2 Kikazarus all the way through mid-yellow maps.

Anyone been playing with Eye of Winter as a combo clear/boss skill? Been clearing T14s and Conquerors for the last few hours on it and it feels pretty smooth, clear is not much worse than FP and ST is very comparable to Ice Spear, though it kind of needs a source of chain, which can be a bit awkward. I fixed it for the time being by dropping one kikazaru and grabbing the 40% curse reduction from the tree.
PLaying this build, but looks hard to me.

https://pastebin.com/gnxQksAK

Maybe someone can spot any mistakes in my PoB?

I am having problems putting totems with MoM. Once I get some dmg, my mana goes to 0 and cannot put totems back.

Also, do I mitigate curses? It looks that they still apply on me.

@Fyregrass - thank you for your time and efforts creating guide! <3
Last edited by papazin on Jul 25, 2021, 1:46:59 PM
The armagedon brand leveling build is absolutely not OK after the campaign. It did fine in the campaign but after that I can't even do alch'd T1 maps without massive issues. I got so frustrated on T1 maps that I've quit the league already. Another lesson I should have learned a long time ago, if a build calls for you to level as something else into maps due to a bunch of mandatory uniques, it is not a good league starter. Unless you get a lucky exalt to drop during the campaign good luck gathering enough currency to switch over to totems before you get frustrated and quit or roll a new build.

Also just fuck this league in general. I hope the devs get their head out of their ass for the next one and revert or minimize all the changes they made this league and address the real issues & condense the ridiculous end game grind.
Last edited by MikeyTwoGuns on Jul 25, 2021, 2:58:08 PM
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
The armagedon brand leveling build is absolutely not OK after the campaign. It did fine in the campaign but after that I can't even do alch'd T1 maps without massive issues. I got so frustrated on T1 maps that I've quit the league already. Another lesson I should have learned a long time ago, if a build calls for you to level as something else into maps due to a bunch of mandatory uniques, it is not a good league starter. Unless you get a lucky exalt to drop during the campaign good luck gathering enough currency to switch over to totems before you get frustrated and quit or roll a new build.

Also just fuck this league in general. I hope the devs get their head out of their ass for the next one and revert or minimize all the changes they made this league and address the real issues & condense the ridiculous end game grind.

But soul mantle, staff and 2 rings were 20 chaos to transition. You have approx. this amount of currency already. This is my 2nd league and i had no problems with that. It feels slow now, but i managed to get the recommended items and crafted sockets myself on cheap uniques.

P.S. totally agree with you on "devs" part :) GGG seems that doing everything else except Quality of life improvements.
Last edited by papazin on Jul 25, 2021, 3:50:53 PM
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

You know, I feel ya. I have the same problem. I ended up spending a lot of time looking for items to buy with life, es, and fire damage. Now able to do T5 maps, and maybe even T6, but I have 29 hours into it. I was only only making 50m xp in the level 70's when I usually make 250m xp. I don't know how other builds are doing, but it wasn't as fun as i'm used to.

A handy tip for next league - if you have a chance to buy any items on day 1, buy them. I saw the chest, rings, and body armour all super cheap at 1c each (not 5l of course just 1l) so I thought they would be that cheap the next day,but they shot up in price. rings were 9c each, body armour 25c (5l) and rain of splinters 40c. everything else super expensive too, but now on day 3 they are slowly starting to come down again. I got 4 pieces - need the two rings, and the rain of splinters now, will farm up slowly lol - at 78.5 so getting close to swappint to freezing pulse - can't wait.

Oh, also pinpoint sucks for cremation cause you have to be stopped and keep spamming it - not my play style - swap in another support gem for more dps and you can move around while dropping the cremations - helps a lot. also get your life/es combined to about 4500+ if you can.

Oh, another thing is get a burning, bleeding/corrupted blood, and poison flask, drop the mana flask. i'm using 2 life, a grainte, jade, and silver. not sure if they are the optimal but they work.
Last edited by FirewalkerPuncher on Jul 25, 2021, 4:05:34 PM
I like the build idea, I play on xbox so league starts on the 28th for me. I wanted to use a few different items to make the playstyle a little more fun for me. Let me know what you think http://poeurl.com/dmhW
oops linked it wrong, here is full pob https://pastebin.com/hvvKtzes
when's the earliest we should/can transition to totems? The highest lvl for required items is 64 (taryn's shiver) and I got all the required items to transition to the day one/budget setup.
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Jul 26, 2021, 12:49:53 AM
What's the cast speed we should be aiming for?
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

Hey man if you just stick it through, all the prices are coming down for all the gear, and here's a video of how the gameplay is after I did a respec into the totem. i don't even have the expensive jewel yet. Died once, but def don't have optimized anything, and did my first maven invitation no prob also bosses just melt.

https://youtu.be/ch-9VueefXY
Last edited by FirewalkerPuncher on Jul 26, 2021, 2:26:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info