Fyregrass' Comprehensive Freezing Pulse Totems Guide - Act 1 to Maven 9 (Updated for 3.15)

"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
when's the earliest we should/can transition to totems? The highest lvl for required items is 64 (taryn's shiver) and I got all the required items to transition to the day one/budget setup.

Honestly, I would do it post Merc Lab/Kitava, your DPS is gonna be ever so slightly low until you get those (Staff)-Crit Nodes, but the Freezes in combination with MoM should make the transition smoother than staying on Arma Brand.
Hi guys, have you chance to think about the best way to transition from day one build to medium one?

I was thinking about dropping one Kikazaru for Essence Worm but I will missing 10% reduction of Curses when I decide to go for both Asylum and Sanctum of Thought. Also looks like price for Cluster Jewels is not that high.

Two Atziri Reflection have appeared today for 13 ex, quite expensive for now

Rain of Splinters is affordable only for Ice Spear?

Just wondering if there is any other dmg boost I can cheaply think of before going for Soul Mantle 6L
Last edited by mefistofx on Jul 26, 2021, 9:16:19 AM
what's your take on Forbidden rite totems vs this build?
I have saved up like 10ex just by doing arma brand
Hi, what's the best content to farm with this build? what is the best way to make ex?
"
mefistofx wrote:
Hi guys, have you chance to think about the best way to transition from day one build to medium one?

I was thinking about dropping one Kikazaru for Essence Worm but I will missing 10% reduction of Curses when I decide to go for both Asylum and Sanctum of Thought. Also looks like price for Cluster Jewels is not that high.

Two Atziri Reflection have appeared today for 13 ex, quite expensive for now

Rain of Splinters is affordable only for Ice Spear?

Just wondering if there is any other dmg boost I can cheaply think of before going for Soul Mantle 6L

For starters you should be able to get the full 100% from just tree (40% between Asylum and Sanctum), pantheon (20% on upgraded yugul) and one Kikazaru (40%).

Here is the route I took, currently farming T14-T16s and killing my Sirus' and Conquerors Deathless:

1: Get Day 1 Setup
2: Drop one Kikazaru
3: Get a second soul Mantle, six socket it, throw fusings on it incrementally (Hit it in I wanna say 700)
4: Get a Totem Cluster (you can get the points for it by re-pathing the path near the start and potentially dropping Divine Judgment, since Self-Flaggelation provides so much %increased Damage)
5: Get myself a Pandemonious for DPS and QOL

My next steps now are getting the remaining Awakened Gems and then Saving up for a reflection. BTW, the prophecies tend to go for 10-11ex, depending on how confident you are in your bossing skills you could just manually upgrade it.

E: And keep an eye out for lvl 21 gems, I‘m running Eye of Winter so I was able to grab a 21 for 30c or so, but I imagine FP is gonna be more expensive
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Jul 26, 2021, 10:48:17 AM
"
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
The armagedon brand leveling build is absolutely not OK after the campaign. It did fine in the campaign but after that I can't even do alch'd T1 maps without massive issues. I got so frustrated on T1 maps that I've quit the league already. Another lesson I should have learned a long time ago, if a build calls for you to level as something else into maps due to a bunch of mandatory uniques, it is not a good league starter. Unless you get a lucky exalt to drop during the campaign good luck gathering enough currency to switch over to totems before you get frustrated and quit or roll a new build.

Also just fuck this league in general. I hope the devs get their head out of their ass for the next one and revert or minimize all the changes they made this league and address the real issues & condense the ridiculous end game grind.

Hey man if you just stick it through, all the prices are coming down for all the gear, and here's a video of how the gameplay is after I did a respec into the totem. i don't even have the expensive jewel yet. Died once, but def don't have optimized anything, and did my first maven invitation no prob also bosses just melt.

https://youtu.be/ch-9VueefXY

K I let myself cool down a day and luckily got a good drop to fund most of the transition pieces. The actual FP totem build is doing just fine in white maps now, my only concern is my lake of HP but that's mostly due to my gear.

That transition build tho was still really bad, there should be a better way to move over to the actual build. Hardcasting like 4 spells that did bad damage in T1 maps was not fun.
Completely agree that the transition is painful -- I'd much rather have just leveled totems from the start. You basically have to start taking totem-based skillpoints in the mid-60s, which do nothing for you if you aren't using totems yet.

Seems like chest/rings/staff are pretty much required to switch, which is ~40c worth of gear if you want one 5L (more like 60c if you want two 5Ls), and that can be pretty painful to try to farm in white maps with just brand/cremate and a suboptimal tree.
"
Melador wrote:
Completely agree that the transition is painful -- I'd much rather have just leveled totems from the start. You basically have to start taking totem-based skillpoints in the mid-60s, which do nothing for you if you aren't using totems yet.

Seems like chest/rings/staff are pretty much required to switch, which is ~40c worth of gear if you want one 5L (more like 60c if you want two 5Ls), and that can be pretty painful to try to farm in white maps with just brand/cremate and a suboptimal tree.

I hope I'm not the only one who was lucky enough to get harvest crafts for all my 5l and 4l gear. Did a few dozen maps and had ample crafts saved up.
Finished the campaign at level 68 and immediately switched to totems for my 1st map. I had 30c from leveling and got lucky with a stack of 10 fossils from the league mechanic that I was able to sell for another 70 so I had 100 to work with. I was able to get everything from the list including the expensive jewel and even a nice all res with life belt and had about 20 left over.

I love the gameplay of the build and so far thru t5 maps I'm blowing everything away. Hope it continues smoothly, and really hope to keep maxing the build out over the league. Probably the most fun build I've played in the last 6-7 leagues.
I get that the reason we are not levelling with totems is that there is a better alternative in terms of efficiency, but some of us are probably willing to sacrifice some efficiency in order to have a levelling experience that's closer to the end game one.

In this other un-updated Hiero build the levelling is done with totems it seems: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2685450/page/1

I'm thinking I might just try it.

Thoughts?

(I'm probably going to fail hard because when I try to diverge from builds I get my ass kicked, but I'm feeling frisky).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info