New unique's and mechanics

here i was, lazing on the couch when a cool kind of idea popped up in my head, what if you can get a new kind of unique, that upgrades as you levelup, that gains experience with you, no i dont mean the "wow heirloom" kinda item, look at it as more like a fated item, but it upgrades in a different way,

now i dont want to leave it as just this, id love for people to pitch in ideas for uniques, either with special ways to aquire them, like for example oni goroshi, or just new weapons with unique uses, heres my first attempts at a bow

i really do hope you guys, the community, like the idea of this post and have unique ideas

do note i am NOT!!!! a numbers guy, so numbers below might seen either overpowered or underpowered, i leave balancing to the people who are good at match, i just play games :P

Buck Shot
Short Bow
Bow
Quality: +20%
Physical Damage: 15.0-40.5
Critical Strike Chance: 10.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.00
Weapon Range: 120
Requires Level 5, 26 Dex
50% increased Physical Damage after using a movement skill
(1) Shoots an additional arrow after using a movement skill
Inflicts elemental damage based on movement skill
(2) After using a movement skill, attack animation is reset
(3) After you reach level 35, transforms into Buck Shot II (Grove Bow)

(1) (explaination, flame dash makes it do fire damage, lightning warp makes it do lightning damage, Frostblink makes it do ice damage) THIS DAMAGE CANNOT INFLICT AILMENTS
(2) (explaination, the bow has a 1 attack per second attack speed, the main goal is to, movement, attack, movement attack, movement attack, kind of shotgunny while dashing around)
(3) (the whole goal for this mechanic is that you have to wear it, and ding 35/56, only then will it transform

Buck Shot II
Grove Bow
Bow
Physical Damage: 20.0-52.5
Critical Strike Chance: 10.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.00
Weapon Range: 120
Requires Level 35, 116 Dex
100% increased Physical Damage after using a movement skill
(1.2) Shoots 2 additional arrows after using a movement skill
Inflicts elemental damage based on the last 2 movement skills used,
(2) After using a movement skill, attack animation is reset
(3.2) After you reach level 56, transforms into Buck Shot (F) (Thicket Bow)

(1.2) if you used 2 flame dashes, youd do 50% more fire damage then a single flame dash, if you used a flame dash and a Lightning warp, youd do base fire and lightning
(3.2) the F stands for final, ill only list the very special unique thing about it, rest is just more buffs to what it already has

Buck Shot F would gain an elemental buff based on socket colors, red being fire, green being lightning and blue being cold, white will be physical, and only linked sockets will increase its effective damage starting at the first socket by an additional 10%, maxing out at 60, this weapon can also roll white sockets as a base roll (chromes will make it roll white aswell)

the ONLY WAY to get Buck Shot F, the most powerfull version, is to have used it when you dinged 35 AND 56, meaning if youd buy a buck shot II and ding 56, it wont transform,

hope this brings a couple of ideas to mind, or at the very least inspire someone out there, ill update this when i have another item :D also ill keep an eye out, dont be scared to judge, just dont judge the scaling or actual numbers on this, as i said, im not a numbers guy, i dont know whats opee or not, (im guessing this is, but its about the uniqueness of the bow)

PEACE! Knighted Cat
Last edited by Darthkip on Jun 29, 2021, 10:47:59 AM
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 10:07:50 AM
Sword of the Whispering Void
Ezomyte Blade
Two Hand Sword
Physical Damage: (210.8-229.4) to (391-425.5)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.40
Weapon Range: 13
Requires Level 61, 113 Str, 113 Dex
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
(220-250)% increased Chaos Damage
0.6% of Chaos Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
Equipping this sword disables chest and head gear, but uncreases all bonuses from rings, belt and amulet by 50%
(1) Equipping this blade disables all guard skills but an active barrier 100% of your current mana will protect your life, if you have no energy shield the barrier will be twice as effective
once the barrier is hit, x amount of purple damaging waves will emit from your character dealing chaos damage on hit, then chaos damage over time, this effect can occur 1 time per second, stacking with CURRENT (2) attack speed, the amount of "void wave >projectiles< will also benefit from projectile nodes, the only exception to this rule is the Vengeant Cascade passive

(1) instead of a silver energy shield, see a kind of swirly purple chaossy voidlike living substance, this can stack with energy shield, and will benefit from energy shield nodes, but be half as effective if you have even a single point of ES)

(2) for example a molten strike hits once every 1,4 seconds without any passives, whereass cyclone can hit upto 5 or 6 times, this means that should u use cyclone wit hthis sword, the internal cooldown for the waves will be MUCH shorter then a normal hit, this ofcourse stacks with attack speed
this one might be a little overpowered, but hey, it still has some interesting mechanics

Depth Charge
Rock Breaker
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 37-69
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.15
Weapon Range: 11
Requires Level 41, 134 Str
(1) hidden Corruption mod that can only be uncovered by killing X amount of monsters (between 10k and 50k, the more you have to kill, the stronger the effect of the corruption will be)
+50 to str
-20 to int
hits dealt with this weapon count towards your highest elemental damage type
15% increased attack speed
200% increased physical damage
cannot use any other offhand except another Depth Charge
Aura's, stances and banners socketed in this weapon effect only you and have no reservation
can only have 1 aura, 1 banner, 1 stance active
warcries have 15% increased buff duration but are 15% weaker
Guard skills have 15% increased buff effect but last 15% shorter

Corruption 1 : stacking debuff on the enemy, when it reaches 10, a large icy explosion erupts from the target when it dies dealing damage equil to the 10 hits dealt

Corruption 2 : a giant pillar of flame erupts from under the target every third strike, dealing damage equil to your highest type of damage (this damage is fully converted to the flame pillars damage, so no need to play conversion)

Corruption 3 : each hit deals 2% max life damage to you, and deals that amount to the enemy, this stacks with all damage nodes in your tree, and can crit

Corruption 4 : total brick, item becomes a plain white rock breaker
Last edited by Darthkip on Jun 30, 2021, 3:47:47 PM
An interesting idea for new unique mechanics (which I'm all for)

Playing Devil's Advocate: introducing items of this nature will kill build and item diversity. It would involve you playing with the same unique item for the vast majority of the game, rather than hunting new slight upgrades and finally settling on your endgame items.

Part of the fun of arpgs is the constant switching of gear to incrementally more powerful items. I think this may be part of the reason why there are so few items like Oni-Goroshi in this game: once you get a weapon that follows your character progress in any way, it gives the player a specific reason to NOT loot other weapons/gear. THis is especially dangerous on low-level easy to acquire items that might follow you from Act 1 long into maps.

BUT a way to tweak this idea: all unique items in the game gain hidden modifiers that unlock based on completing endgame challenges with it, or killing a certain number of ilvl 83 monsters, or being a specific high level. This would give renewed relevance to uniques whose stats are otherwise outclassed very quickly. These bonuses would force the item to become account-bound so you can't just have someone unlock and supply the item for you by trade, rather you actually need to unlock the special effects yourself through your own unique build and gameplay.

An example of that: Quillrain might gain a modifier: once you kill 100k ilvl 83 monsters, the item becomes account-bound and gains the modifier "Fires 2 additional arrows".

I sort of think of it as like an "ascendancy" for items
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 29, 2021, 10:55:10 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
An interesting idea for new unique mechanics (which I'm all for)"

(edit from me, for the sake of keeping things clean, im referring to this entire post, im removing the rest of the quote)

ooo i know fully well these items would kill any number of things, keep in mind though that im not thinking these up to have them, maybe, in some way or form or anything of the sort end up in the game, i merely made this post in the hopes that others would enjoy the thought of this, the process of thinking up something unique'ish or maybe inspire our great GGG overlords, im not doing this for recognition, merely as a fan who loves their game, and hopes to in some way shape or form contribute

thank you for the response though!, the more people see, and potentionally post fun ideas in here, the more fun we might have seeing what we can get up with and who knows what will happon :D

Love, Knighted Cat
Last edited by Darthkip on Jun 30, 2021, 3:15:06 AM
looking back theres one big regret that i wont get to fix, play the league i missed out on, with the people i know now, since we coop alot sharing items and currency trying to get our builds up and running, that league was the Talisman league,

so introducing, (change name to wahtever you feel best suits) the Legends league

this league will introduce a special kind of map you can put in your map device that will transport you to places far away and unknown, during current times in the PoE universe, there you will meet with (NPS INSERT NAME HERE) he/she/it will then travel around the map with you untill you find your first clue, this can be dropped by monsters, found as a clickable object in the world or through a torn journal in a different mysterious language long forgotten

you can then either try and find all the clues, or do a forcefull search, the goal of this league is to have fun and not lock you out of potential rewards afterall, but the amount of drops will increase the more clues you find, the first clue will ALWAYS!! unlock a clickable object in the world that will bring you to a hidden treasure trove, abandoned catacombs, ect ect, where a powerfull monster stands guard, defeat it and reap the rewards in the form of new items, adjusted currently already excisting items or the rare alter where you can in fact make an old item (example Quill Rain) into the "INSERT NAME HERE" rpimordial version, which deals more damage, has alternate effects or maybe even an added skill (example that shoots to mind right now, is that while you have quill rain equipped youd have a scaling porcupine pet at your side that levels with you and gets like 25% of your projectile damage and mimics your attacks the best he can (barrage will be barrage but 25% power, toxic rain will be toxic rain, but without any of the added effects, poor little bugger tries okay! be nice to him xD)

hope u all like this idea for a "treasure hunting league" that id feel would suit PoE best as a sorta side league (see the maven addition, its definately an expension, but it didnt come with a league of its own)

these maps are suppose to be just added things you can run when your bored, like blighted maps but shorter, more to the point and less of a hassle to setup, not requiring any mods or crafts, but just be there to do when you get one, ofcourse the higher ilvl it is, the more powerfull and luicritive the rewards

this was another idea that popped into my head when i played FF and my guild leader wanted to host a treasure hunt ^^,

Peace!!,
Knighted Cat
small one here, right before im gonne get knocked out by sleep

new base type for a socketed amulet, it has a standard mod on it that gives a gem socketed in the amulet an extra Tag

for example :
Amulet of Sockets
Socketed gems gain the Duration tag

then socket for example Flame Dash in there and it will gain the benefits of anyhting in your passive tree that has to do with duration of anything on gems

Socketed gems gain the Fire tag
socket a toxic rain in here, and ittl gain benefits from fire nodes in your passive tree even through it doesnt do fire damage, ittl still have the tag

this ofcourse is balanced by the fact you cant really link the gems in here, but it would be fun to have items like this i think

Peace!!
Knighted Cat
another short one :D

this is a shield that popped into my head because of necromantic aegis, theres, so far, only 2 really interesting shields to use, victarios, or that shield that heals per death,

so heres another, im not gonne make it as in depth as the others

a shield that has a bonus use when you use necro aegis that allows your skeletons to use a single skill + support gems in the shield,

if you have melee skellies, you could for example put a molten strike in there, ittl make the skellies do molten strike on a cooldown

if you have mage skellies, imagine almost every spell they can cast

if you have archer skellies, almost any bow skill

in my opinion, minions are a very untapped goldmine, and id love to see a new minion or 2 in the next expension (this was written during ultimatum)
simple new skill gem, replying to my own previous wish for new minions

works like spectres with a twist, and includes a new tag for minion gems

Undead :
Skeletons
Spectres
Zombies

Living
Golems
Tame

Living/Undead
Carrion Golem

Tame works a little like spectres does only with a twist, giving both another use and economy layer to anything you catch for beast crafting

it allows you to use a single, with exceptions, unique monster, 3 rare monsters, 5 magic monsters or 7 normal monsters (pending balancing, i dont do balancing as explained in the first post, but i kinda was thinking about you normally have 1 golem, 3 spectres, 5-7 zombies or a metric tonne of skeletons)

they work like any other minions except they have modifiers on them, and benefit from minion nodes

this was just another thought for a new gem/mechanic, PEACE!!!
bit of a skill gem inpiration boom,

another form of activation skill for minions, other then, FOCUS THIS YOU BRAINLESS MEATSACK, you order them to form a wall, and run towards a location, this deals their basic hits in damage and only works for zombros,

you can recast this skill once they arrive at their destination making minion movement speed more importand but they will always run from where they are located to the location your mouse pointer is at,

a % for this gem could be knockback, i mean, a giant wall of zombies running towards you, or a group of your friend wont leave you standing afterall,

well this was another small little thought,

PEACE
Knighted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info