Awakened POE Trade for Mac! Updated for 3.23

Hi everyone!

As of 2023-12-03, I've resumed maintaining my fork of Awakened POE Trade.

I'd gotten Path of Building on Mac working, but as someone who makes most of my currency through crafting and trading, I wanted to get the most popular trade tool Awakened POE Trade (originally by SnosMe) working on MacOS X.

I quit the league last week, and after a weekend of hacking, it's ready! Probably buggy, but it works!

Side note: Looking for Path of Building? Try out my release here

Demo video

Link to video

Download

If you run into an error, look at the Installation/update steps and Help - I have an error sections below for instructions

Steps to install

1. Download this: IMPORTANT: Follow the "Installation/update steps" below. You need to do this even if you're just updating: v3.23.10002

2. IMPORTANT: Follow the "Installation/update steps" below. You need to do this even if you're just updating.

Report any bugs you find, or better yet, try fixing them yourself in the codebase!

Last updated: December 22, 2023

Installation and update steps

1. Just download the .dmg, and copy the app to your Applications

2. Run the app by right clicking and clicking Open. It'll ask for Accessibility permissions. Open up the settings using the link and grant the permissions by checking the box. If you'd installed a previous version, you need to unlock permissions using the lock, and then click minus to remove Awakened POE Trade. Then, re-add it and relaunch it and it should work.

3. Re-run the app

4. Try pressing the keyboard shortcuts while you have Path of Exile open and focused

Thanks to SnosMe for the excellent original project and high-quality, easy-to-work-with code (even if it lacks comments).

Help! I have an error! Known issues, and workarounds

App crashes on startup

This is usually due to Awakened PoE Trade not having the Accessibility permission. Follow the Installation/Update instructions above to install closely again and see if it works.

Keyboard shortcuts to open overlays dono't work

Other apps that capture keyboard shortcuts of all windows (like Rectangle/Spectacle) may conflict with Awakened POE Trade. You may need to disable those.

Fullscreen doesn't work

Here are some instructions adapted from phen0menon, a previous maintainer:

Spoiler
Complete support for fullscreen mode doesn't exist, however here's how I managed to run awakened in the fullscreen:

1. Make sure you've installed from Steam, rather than standalone; some users have had issues with the standalone install
2. Run POE;
2. Run the Awakened POE Trade binary and RIGHT AFTER THAT open POE window (it should already be fullscreened)

This works for my friends and me.

My Awakened PoE trade is stuck or not receiving keyboard shortcuts

Open up a Terminal window and run the following to forcibly kill all processes related to Awakened POE Trade

"
ps -Ao pid,command | grep wakened | awk '{ print $1 }' | xargs kill

Other issues: how to debug and report

I test all versions I release on my own system (currently an Intel build of MacOS Ventura), so if they're not working, there's usually some difference between our systems.

To report an error, please try to include some error messages:

1. Run the app in the terminal by running `cd '/Applications/Awakened POE Trade.app/Contents/MacOS'` and `./Awakened\ POE\ Trade`

2. See what messages show up in the console and report that, alongside with your Mac OS version/platform (Intel or M1)

3. If you're a real expert, try rebuilding the app with the instructions below to see if that fixes it

Rebuilding on your system

If for some reason, Awakened PoE Trade doesn't run properly on your system, you may be able to get it to work by rebuilding from source. You need some basic knowledge of git and command line tools:

To do this:

"
git clone https://github.com/hsource/awakened-poe-trade
git checkout macos
# Then, follow instructions from DEVELOPING.md
Last edited by arciinus on Dec 23, 2023, 1:15:55 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2024, 9:29:39 PM
Fantastic, thank you so much for this!
Super helpful. Thanks for your work on this!!
You are a fking god! Thank you!
I just updated the app! A few fixes:

1. The trade overlay no longer overlays the title bar
2. Fixed most instances where the keyboard shortcuts stop working after alt-tabbing

The update instructions are a bit more complicated - read the original post or post here if you need help!
One more update - this one should've fixed an issue where the app fails to quit when you use the "Quit" option in the tray
Does the chat feature work? I tried to set hideout to backtick but it doesn't work.

The chat box opens but nothing gets entered
Last edited by iisanoob2 on Jun 7, 2021, 12:35:09 AM
"
iisanoob2 wrote:
Does the chat feature work? I tried to set hideout to backtick but it doesn't work.

Good catch! Just fixed it and pushed a new release. It should work now
"
arciinus wrote:
"
iisanoob2 wrote:

Good catch! Just fixed it and pushed a new release. It should work now

Beautiful! It works, thank you! (I just tried hideout)
Is POE Lurker next? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info