[3.14] Gryph's Bloody Mistress - Exsanguinate Scion - League Starter/EZ Mode Ultimatums

So, pretty cool guide for this skill. I've seen a number of streamer/theorycrafting/poe.ninja perspectives, and absorbed all their knowledge into one Frankenstein of a build.

This guide does a lot to demystify a number of less intuitive elements of playing a phys dot build though, and has slowly been consuming lesser variations I had been following.

One thing I gotta ask regarding wand crafting though...would it not be preferable to use the new +1 skill gem vendor recipe rather than alt spam until your hand falls off?

I might have been a couple hundred alterations deep when I remembered that was a thing they added back into the game XD
"
Omega333 wrote:
So, pretty cool guide for this skill. I've seen a number of streamer/theorycrafting/poe.ninja perspectives, and absorbed all their knowledge into one Frankenstein of a build.

This guide does a lot to demystify a number of less intuitive elements of playing a phys dot build though, and has slowly been consuming lesser variations I had been following.

One thing I gotta ask regarding wand crafting though...would it not be preferable to use the new +1 skill gem vendor recipe rather than alt spam until your hand falls off?

I might have been a couple hundred alterations deep when I remembered that was a thing they added back into the game XD

The problem is that the new recipe doesn't give +1 to all spells. It is specific to an element.
I just got the legion jewel and omg with brush to death I have even more sustain. This is great. I also managed to get physical damage leeched from it so I can change my belt.

Regarding the very late tree I suggest you to use two spell damage large cluster só you don't need to path to top part to get spell defense.

You can also use a thread of hope on the left part to save some skill points.

This is an example of that tree. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/wby87/wbyreap

I would need too much damage to actually scale the corrupting fever. I did as the linked pob and got my zoom zoom 4 link with smoke mine and just one point in it.
Ah right, mega goof on my part. I got so caught up in hunting for +1 phys gem in other places that I overlooked it was really all spell gem we wanted.

Time to invest in a wrist brace!
"
xikorita wrote:
I just got the legion jewel and omg with brush to death I have even more sustain. This is great. I also managed to get physical damage leeched from it so I can change my belt.

Regarding the very late tree I suggest you to use two spell damage large cluster só you don't need to path to top part to get spell defense.

This is an example of that tree. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/wby87/wbyreap

I would need too much damage to actually scale the corrupting fever. I did as the linked pob and got my zoom zoom 4 link with smoke mine and just one point in it.

Can you clarify how the legion jewel helps sorry - have not used it before!
Thanks a lot
"
chinchica wrote:
"
xikorita wrote:

Can you clarify how the legion jewel helps sorry - have not used it before!
Thanks a lot

When you have a glorious vanity conquered by doryani it changes the notables on your tree. We then can use the new notable called corrupted soul https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Corrupted_Soul which does:

50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 15% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

The important part is the energy shield. We get 15% "for free".

You then use a shield with recover % of energy shield on block. Combined with the necromancer bone offering which we get life on block and some form of physical damage leech as life (either amulet, watcher eyes vitality, doryani belt for physical) we get multiple layers of sustain.

It is ridiculous. Seriously. My "life" is much higher now.

And the jewel corrupts skill points nearby. It is kind of random and I got lucky to get one node that gives me physical damage as life (it CANT be physical attacks as we don't attack).
Nevertheless this is all "so you won't die".

I suggest you to spend the money you might have to first get the damage. Without the damage it won't matter. Then you focus on defense.

The medium clusters with rend/blood artist will deal a ton of extra damage.
"
xikorita wrote:
Nevertheless this is all "so you won't die".

I suggest you to spend the money you might have to first get the damage. Without the damage it won't matter. Then you focus on defense.

The medium clusters with rend/blood artist will deal a ton of extra damage.

I actually really like Brush with Death+Blood Artist. Life+ES on kill is great for ultimatums and it comes with good damage (10% dot multi vs 12% rend)

"
xikorita wrote:

Yeah I was using thread of hope but it doesn't add enough imo.

As for the block nodes, I dropped the 8% spell block from Mystic Bulwark already. The other ones come with damage and some life nodes so are worth traveling to imo. Of course Large cluster can be whatever you want. My POBs are just a reference point as this build is incredibly flexible.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 24, 2021, 1:49:51 PM
I'm partly following this build (got some phys clusters) but my survivability is kind of ass.

Maybe I need to go for the glorious vanity next? I'm lost.
IGN: SirCritoris
"
Nahsil wrote:
I'm partly following this build (got some phys clusters) but my survivability is kind of ass.

Maybe I need to go for the glorious vanity next? I'm lost.

Glorious Vanity with ES on Block and ES on kill (Brush with Death) is great.

I was doing red maps without either though so...might be something else?

EDIT: Level your CWDT and Bone Offering. Level 1 offering doesn't do a whole lot for defense. Particularly the life on block. That should help a lot.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 24, 2021, 2:00:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info