Game not launching.

Hi, i decided to come back to the game after like 3 years of pause.
My problem is the following: I try to launch the game and the process soon vanishes from task manager, acts like i didnt do anything. As i see a lot of person had the same problem.
Downloaded the game 2 times today, steam/standalone version wont work either.
I dont have any file in my documents/mygames/Poe/ folder since i couldnt even start the game yet.
Windows update done, graphic driver update done, restart/reinstall done, run as administrator and trying with different compability settings done, forced steam to validate the files done, using different startup uptions like -preload -nointro and directx lock didnt helped. Moved the game from programfiles (x86) to simple programfiles because someone claimed it helped their problem and even plugged out my headphones because someone mentioned in a 2019 technical help ticket it helped, guess what, not work.
So 5 hours passed and i'm getting tired of reading the same answers that simply not working. I dont want toreinstall my windows, i wont buy another pc. Need other solutions.

DxDiag

Thank you for the help. :) I hope we can solve it.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 4:43:26 AM
Update: Disabled windows defender, reinstalled visual c++, reinstalled the game again still did not solve my problem, i'm giving up. If someone have another advice or see what i missed please leave a reply.
Its the problem with the new patch today. My POE wont launch. Its just stuck at the two spinning nut loading screen.
My problem is a littlebit different, the client not even starting up, Steam shows i'm in the game for like 6 seconds then the game stops. Same for standalone version, double click, task shows for 3 second then it shuts down without even opening the game window.
Getting this problem too, it appears in task manager and says it's running in Steam, but doesn't actually start up for me.
You aren't alone. The game gets stuck at the gears spinning and won't launch past that. Guess I'll just wait for another patch (hopefully soon) and hope that solves the issue.
Left it running while posting and it finally loaded. Not sure how long it took, but it's worrisome for playing HC. Guess we'll tread lightly. Good Luck on your end.
Hi there,

The 3.13.2 patch added a system to automatically clear old cached data, which will occur on the first startup of the client after updating, during the Grinding Gear Games logo video. This should only occur once after the update, if this is not the case, please let us know!
getting the same problem game wont load past the spinning cogs after launching, no log in screen
"
xliktiz wrote:
getting the same problem game wont load past the spinning cogs after launching, no log in screen

Assuming that you are using the stand-alone client then try this -->

1. Close the game.

2. Delete EVERYTHING inside the following directory's -->

C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\Countdown
C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\DailyDealCache
C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\Minimap
C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\MOTDCache
C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ShopImages

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCache
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D11
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan

3. Now open a "command prompt" as "an administrator" and run this program -->
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PackCheck.exe

4. now right click on your PoE icon and select "run as an administrator"

EDIT.:
Indeed it looks like the shadercache folder are moved. So depending on if you use Vulcan or DirectX, then empty these folders also -->

C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D11
C:\Users\"windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info