Remote Mine

source to destination is all that matters for point blank. the mine made the attack so it is the source. mine is just using your skill (and stats) for you at your command.
They are to easy for some mobs to destoy.

Had an remote mine based char too, stopped playing him at cruel act 3, cause it is nearly impossible to fight agains carion queens. U can not even fast enought lay down one mine and trigger it bevore the fireball destroy it.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Mark, I have a question regarding remote mine + raise spectre.

When I use this combanitaion, the skill is supported by it, but in the skill description the 30+% more damage isn't added to it. I'm asking myself, does it even work with minions/spectres?

I think it should, since a totem is also supported by it.

Thanks
IGN: IceboundHarpy - Rampage ( chrisstian5 ) | EU GMT+1
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
They are to easy for some mobs to destoy.

Had an remote mine based char too, stopped playing him at cruel act 3, cause it is nearly impossible to fight agains carion queens. U can not even fast enought lay down one mine and trigger it bevore the fireball destroy it.

Yeah, this is really frustrating.

I thought I had a build where I could use this support gem successfully but I find myself using my secondary and tertiary skills all the time because the mines die so easily. It's even worse than traps because they don't explode on contact so you need them to survive long enough to detonate them, and they always spawn at your feet so enemies targeting you with their AoE abilities always blow up the traps (even if you yourself dodge the skill).

Please, please, give them HP.
question:

would remote mine + spell totem + skill (like spark) work?

i mean can i put a mine that spawns a totem once triggered?
"
Antistes wrote:
question:

would remote mine + spell totem + skill (like spark) work?

i mean can i put a mine that spawns a totem once triggered?
yes, mine'ing a totem with some skill, will cause a mine that makes a totem that makes the skill. you can mix around the damage modifiers this way but you still can only have max of one or two totems out at a time.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
yes, mine'ing a totem with some skill, will cause a mine that makes a totem that makes the skill. you can mix around the damage modifiers this way but you still can only have max of one or two totems out at a time.

i was just wondering, cause the dmg bonus is nice but since you can only place a mine directly under you character i'm thinking if it's worth it. the mana usage goes up and it's an additional link :/
ggg dev specifically stated that, the place here and actual cost is the price for the potentially improved damage and the "make it later" principal of the skill.
spell totem itself is the part that really hurts in mana costs, remote mine barely changes much in cost but it is a multiplier though so...
anyways for damage info just spell totem is 60% damage multiplier. remote mine has its own damage modifier of 130% to 150%. so putting together is, 0.78 to 0.9 damage totals for using both. that means a totem will do near proper amount of damage if both are used, before other multipliers come into play.
Desync kills this otherwise incredibly awesome gem.
I tried to run a pure trapper build but it didn't work out at all.
I supported a Shock Nova with Remote Mine and Concentrated Effect to keep the dead-zone in the middle of the Nova as small as possible.

So i set up a bunch of mines, gathered some mobs, dragged them in, hit fire --- 1 or 2 dropped dead, the rest were left completely unharmed even though they stood directly in the blast zone.

The only way to make Remote Mine work okay-ish was with targeted spells such as Arc. But for that you can aswell use spell totems for even better success...
I played a lot with remote mine linked to EK lately. I think the easiest way to make this gem and mines in general more appealing would be to change the fact that mines get easily destroyed by any kind of aoe attack. Instead I think the mine should detonate when hit. For me it doesn't make sense when a goatmen is jumping onto my mines and they simply collapse, it's a mine after all...
Last edited by Lotze on Apr 3, 2013, 4:39:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info