Fire Trap

Yeah i just play Witch with Searing Touch - got 2 x fire trap in it , both linked to fire penetration and chance to ignite and everything dies to 1 trap explosion , rare mobs require 2 sometimes - the burn speed with searing touch and Pyromaniac is just insane - right now i think i could go all defensive passive skills and just get pyromaniac and searing touch itself would be enough to breeze throu the content. Will see on higher levels so far im just running and using traps like freakin grenades
Had a question regarding supporting firetrap. Figured this was a good thread to post in.

So wondering how exactly chance to ignite support gem works in conjuction with firetrap? Will the extra chance to ignite work on every mob in the area of the explosion? Or just the single mob that walks over and triggers the trap?
Also after firetrap hits and the ground starts burning, will this burning ground damage get extra chance to ignite mobs thanks to the support gem?

A bunch of questions, thankful for any help.
Last edited by Eivon on Feb 6, 2013, 4:37:50 PM
Fairly sure this is how it works.
The mob that triggers the trap affects no properties of the spell. It is just a trigger for the spell to be casted by the trap. As for chance to ignite, it works the same way as any aoe spell would work. The initial explosion can only proc ignite, the burning ground damage will never be able to ignite.
What I'm not sure about.
I know that using traps will not damage you if mobs have elemental or physical reflect. I have an idea for what rules out certain mechanics. If it is the trap dealing the spell, I'm fairly sure any effects that would affect you from the damage/casting of the spell (not the trap), does not apply to you. For example elemental reflect, life leech, mana leech.
However any outgoing effects on the spell is always accounted for in the explosion, however the burning damage of the fire trap is only modified by burning damage.
Big thanks man for that great explanation. Cleared everything up. Thanks for taking the time.
what i wana know is why dont traps that have been stored carry over to the nxt zome ites a pucnh to the face

when your like ya fount the boss room walk in go to attk the boss nooooo no traps run to corner set n wait for traps if they have been stored why not have them carry over tot he nxt zone not likes its gona break the games balance when other classes dont have to wait for trap recharge ya know its kinda of a oh u like the traps guess what har har have fun waiting each time u zone for traps to recharge

also i think if u use remote mine with fire trap or any other trap it should treat it like a mine where when u press the trigger button it goes off like freeze mine not activate then acts like a normal trap its annoying also since u can lay up to 5 traps with mine support it should make the trap its linked to store up to 5 traps
Last edited by TheLastRebel on Feb 8, 2013, 2:28:00 AM
This is a badass skill and I love the forethought GGG put into the design in regards to Ignite.

My only concern matches all traps; why does it scrub your traps when transitioning any zone? I can see wiping the trap count when you transition from a town, but I've had situations where a blue pack wipes me on transition to a zone because my main AoE skill doesn't work.

Either allow us to carry our trap count over from non-town zones, or set the starting count to 1 so that we have a tool for close-to-entrance mobs.
^this guy fucking said it. I made a trap-shaodw-guy, which is really fun and cool to play. I like the way traps work, i like how everything explodes, i like fire much. But that you have to idle for some seconds when entering a new area is really annoying. I had the same idea like Troglo, just +1 on every trap skill when entering a new area, and everything would be fine.

An other problem goes in the same direction. Although i'm fine with the recharge time on the trap stacks i feel it's a bit to long. I am using 3 FT-Gems right now and when i throw them all at once i have to wait 24 seconds (i think?) to recharge them all to 3. This fact is just annoying, but the times where i'm out of traps and need to kite monsters while waiting for the recharge are terrible.

So either choose the straight forward way and lower the recharge time a bit. Not too much needed, maybe like 2 seconds faster or so, OR, decrease the time based on the quality. This would also make getting quality on the traps more usefull, at the moment i don't feel it's needed to invest into 1,5% more burning damage. But if the cooldown goes down with increased quality, i would

Is the tooltip bugged?

The DoT number doesn't change putting on or taking off searing touch, or even after speccing into Burning Damage passives.
It's a known issue. The Burning damage does apply, but it doesn't show. :)
Im not sure if this is a bug or not so hoping someone can explain this to me.
I took Ghost Reaver keystone and supported my fire trap with life leech (6%), my fire trap does up to 4.6k dmg atm, but it doesnt seem that it works atm, my ES doesnt increase at all while using fire trap with life leech.
IGN:
ExplodingSavageDrunkard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info