Fire Trap

did u guys notice, that sometimes when mobs run over the trap/near it doesn't blow off or set it off?
seen this many times. it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to bother me alot.

And I also hate when I move from one area to another, the counter for the charges always resets to 0.

Wouldn't it better if it started with 3 when ever u transferred areas?
Last edited by Maddmaxx212 on Jan 31, 2013, 12:26:38 AM
I've been using dual ice spear totem to freeze mobs in place and fire traps (bear traps have the same affect) to deal damage to them.

However, when I use 2-3+ on one mob, it knocks them back into terrain and makes them bugged out/immune to damage. Me and others then have to skip them, or refresh the zone depending on if it was an important mob or not.

Please remove the knock back on traps!

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/vucYP
IGN: eschewal
WTS: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/88449/page/1
Any chance the "+1 To number of Traps Allowed" passive skill is going to be fixed soon?
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Any chance the "+1 To number of Traps Allowed" passive skill is going to be fixed soon?

I don't have it yet myself, does it not work?

Also, any1 know any good support gems to boost the dmg on FT?
Last edited by Daze on Jan 31, 2013, 1:51:20 PM
"
Scruffy wrote:
I've been using dual ice spear totem to freeze mobs in place and fire traps (bear traps have the same affect) to deal damage to them.

However, when I use 2-3+ on one mob, it knocks them back into terrain and makes them bugged out/immune to damage. Me and others then have to skip them, or refresh the zone depending on if it was an important mob or not.

Please remove the knock back on traps!

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/vucYP

Traps do not knockback, your(or your friend's) projectile weakness curse does. Stop using the curse or pay attention to where the mobs are when you do.

"
Nostrademous wrote:

It works properly afaik, what it does however is let you have 4 traps on the ground, it doesn't let you carry 4 "charges" of fire trap to throw all at once, which I guess is what you expected, and what would be really worth taking the passive for.
"
PyrosEien wrote:

"
Nostrademous wrote:

It works properly afaik, what it does however is let you have 4 traps on the ground, it doesn't let you carry 4 "charges" of fire trap to throw all at once, which I guess is what you expected, and what would be really worth taking the passive for.

Yeah, I was hoping for carrying 4 charges. If I want more than 3 traps on the ground I could just use 2 FT gems could I not?

I decided to try and make a full build focused around FT to see how it does but I'm a bit disappointed so far at speed of killing things. I started as Shadow since it was close to the +Trap talent ring, but now I have to travel quite a bit in the treat to pick up +Fire, +Burning, +Elemental Dmg, +Area of Skill on the Templar side.

Perhaps I need to reconsider my build...
Nostrademous
Using 2 traps wouldn't let you bypass the 3 traps on the ground limit, this is a limit per players regardless, like minions(otherwise people would have 5 summon zombie gems, 8zombies per gems, 40zombies, yay!). The passive is fairly lackluster.

As for a trap build, I'd recommend not only using firetrap, use the other traps too(bear trap for stronger mobs, conversion trap on casters and stuff) and spell trap with something decent in it. But yeah for a fire trap build, unintuitively, shadow isn't so good compared to templar or witch since the burning node is over there.

I don't know about a pure trap build, but firetrap is awesome otherwise for builds with not so great aoe like a lot of melee builds. Especially with the OB buff, it's actually extremely strong early game, one fire trap tends to drop mobs to half hp on explosion and kill them within 3-4secs of standing in the fire, which is a great addition to weaker early game builds. Even at 67 my Fire Trap still does great dmg on my melee and I have 0 points in anything related or any supports on it.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Jan 31, 2013, 5:11:02 PM
Is "+1 To number of Traps Allowed" not applying to charges really intended? I'd take an extra charge over an extra one on the ground any day. Pretty much a useless passive otherwise.
"
Daze wrote:
Is "+1 To number of Traps Allowed" not applying to charges really intended? I'd take an extra charge over an extra one on the ground any day. Pretty much a useless passive otherwise.
Yes. That passive is worded the same, and applies exactly the same as modifiers to the number of totems, skeletons, spectres or zombies allowed - these change the limit on how many of the specified entity you can have in the world under your control.
There are plans to add another bonus to the passive which increases the count of the skill cooldown, but the current cooldown system does not support this, and until it's implemented, that can't be done. When/if it is, it will be a separate bonus, listed alongside the number of traps allowed.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 31, 2013, 11:21:20 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There are plans to add another bonus to the passive which increases the count of the skill cooldown, but the current cooldown system does not support this, and until it's implemented, that can't be done. When/if it is, it will be a separate bonus, listed alongside the number of traps allowed.

It's really great to know this is planned! It'll, of course, bring us that much closer to full trap/mine builds. Perhaps now all that's needed is a particularly interesting keystone like Ancestral Bond and it'll really take off.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info