Ethereal Knives

"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:
Question:

Does this spell work with mana/life leech % on equip, bloodrage or mind drinker?

I fear it does not, as it says attack damage and this is technically no attack, which would be really bad, but I cant tell for sure.

Sorry if this has been asked before!
I took the time to read through most of the thread, but I could not find a 100% solid statement.

Thanks! :-)

You're right this is a spell, not an attack, so it doesn't benefit.

Well, on the bright side, one less char variation to lvl and equip! :D

No, I am seriously sad now. :-(
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Making MP, and in the future chain and fork, probably pretty worthless.
For the record, feedback from people who used it on alpha is that EK + fork is quite powerful.

any chance to rework the skill? at the end of the attack anyway.

- i was thinking like:- the throwing knife with a expolsive charm attach to it.
adding a explosive support gem would be maybe de-balance the other skills.

1. rather then a support, put this mod to the EK skill:-
"1 sec count-down timer for an attached support gem to explode in a small radius"
"if nothing is added, no explosion"

2. attach support gem can be:- added fire/cold/lightning/chaos.

3. explosion cause a "stun" effect, like Fire Trap.

-------------------------------------------------------

Re-Edit

A more direct idea and easier to imeplement, would be:-

1. Adding Bleed effect at a constant rate; a spell that do physical damage and bleeds.
(but unlike puncture skill where there is movement bleed degeneration, so you can seperate both skill's favors.)

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Feb 27, 2013, 3:17:18 PM
I have a level 31 or so EK shadow.

I feel that the base mana cost of the spell is too high. I understand its built in aoe capability warrants a higher mana cost, but it's very hard to maintain the mana as you level even with one support gem (fork)

The cast animation also feels very slow. All that would be needed is to shorten up the "follow through" of the animation. Especially when chilled, being stuck after the attack portion of the animation has finished feels unsatisfying
hey..
anyone got best build with ethreal knives? plz show me..

and projectile damage skills work on it??
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 1, 2013, 7:24:25 PM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
hey..
anyone got best build with ethreal knives? plz show me..

and projectile damage skills work on it??

it does work. Its simple. Simply build spell damage, mana, crit, projectile damage and the chance to freeze for the hatred aura. Then get clarity and link ethereal knives to projectile speed. any other support is up to what you prefer

also get a bit hp if possible. You wont have any defences. you die in 2 hits so try not to get hit at all. basically its pretty shitty to be honest BUT THE DPS IS OVER 9000!!! (well at least that how it feels)
point blank skill + Point Blank gem + faster projectile + faster casting work? lol
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 2, 2013, 9:45:27 AM
1.) gems and passives of the same type do not stack
2.) as far as i am aware even the point blank gem should only work on attacks not on spells
3.) i wouldnt recommend faster casting on a spell that is that expensive. i even use doedres tenure and iron will on the knives to archieve a balance between dps and manacost (if you cast faster you spend more mana. if you increase the damage while lowering the cast speed your dps goes down a bit but you get more damage per point of mana. also with hatred your crits can freeze stronger enemys if you focus on the damage of few but strong attacks. furthermore faster casting multiplies manacost by 130% which means that the skill with both of those at lvl 1 would be 65% more expensive)
Last edited by M3phisto on Mar 2, 2013, 10:53:34 AM
Is it true, that Ethereal Knives are gonna be nerfed on Wednesday patch??
IGN: schovan
"
M3phisto wrote:
1.) gems and passives of the same type do not stack
2.) as far as i am aware even the point blank gem should only work on attacks not on spells
3.) i wouldnt recommend faster casting on a spell that is that expensive. i even use doedres tenure and iron will on the knives to archieve a balance between dps and manacost (if you cast faster you spend more mana. if you increase the damage while lowering the cast speed your dps goes down a bit but you get more damage per point of mana. also with hatred your crits can freeze stronger enemys if you focus on the damage of few but strong attacks. furthermore faster casting multiplies manacost by 130% which means that the skill with both of those at lvl 1 would be 65% more expensive)

1. i understand
2. i understand
3. what? there is no doedres tenure in wiki. i don't have much strength as a witch. why would i use iron will. maybe i use critical damage gem. or more speed. i mean faster casting + faster projetile work? or i can use projectile damage etc. casting is spell and projectile is not spell. both are different. do you mean same speed will not work? anyway i will know it in future at high level with gems.
So i skimmed through this whole thread. couldnt find any dev confirmation that projectile damage effects EK. based on everything ive read im 99% sure it does. anyone have a link to a dev confirm or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info