Ethereal Knives

Last edited by grogor on Sep 24, 2016, 8:35:13 AM
"
grogor wrote:
Since faster projectiles makes this spell travel farther, do the "Increased Skill Duration" passives next to ranger also make the spell travel farther before it dissipates?
projectile speed and skill duration are not the same thing. if the skill has a listed number of time that it hangs around doing its whatever, that is duration. a projectile lasts untill it vanishes or hits something, it is also same time to travel for given skill/spell. because it moves faster in same time, it travels further. ek has a sort of point blank as far as projectile speed goes, but don't take that literally as its just what i see and not the real effect.
Last edited by grogor on Sep 24, 2016, 8:35:20 AM
both time and velocity effect distance by same equasion...

however i'm not sure what you're getting at with "skill projectile". only skill with a duration and is a projectile too, is sparks (to my memory). projectile speed makes it travel faster but it has a specific duration unlike wands and arrows and fireball and ice spear or this skill (ethereal knives). increasing speed increases "effective range" for totems and actual range for everything else that moves when you cast/attack.

skill duration is for skills like firestorm or poison arrow, or molten shell or blood rage, or ice shot or firetrap. makes effects last longer or wait longer.
Basically, there's a difference between Skill duration and Missile/Projectile duration.
"
grogor wrote:
Maybe I'm having a brainfart but I still don't understand why the passives wouldn't make it travel farther.

The skill just doesn't have a duration modifier, it cannot be changed and always lasts exactly the same amount of time.

What you can change is how fast, and thus how far, knives ultimately reach.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Costs way too much, and casts very slowly, making it viable only in the beginning. Also, why do facebreakers not work with this. Facebreaker is a global physical damage increase and this "spell" claims it does physical damage. Worthless unique, might as well make it useful for something.

Last edited by Phang on Oct 21, 2012, 2:46:41 PM
"
Phang wrote:
Costs way too much, and casts very slowly, making it viable only in the beginning. Also, why do facebreakers not work with this. Facebreaker is a global physical damage increase and this "spell" claims it does physical damage. Worthless unique, might as well make it useful for something.

Spell is absolutely viable. The problem is it is not flexible enough to allow enough builds to use it. You have to build specifically for the spell. I do 6.5k dps and 15k with diamond flask active. 10k is definitely achievable with good gear.

Facebreakers doesn't provide global physical damage. It provides unarmed physical damage. Think of unarmed like a weapon. A passive that provides dagger crit chance wont increase spell crit of a dagger user. The key in the wording. Also facebreaker's would increase my dps by approximately 19k if it worked with EK. That's not balanced at all.
Last edited by Shinsoo on Oct 21, 2012, 8:00:41 PM
Don't know if this is a bug or what but Lesser Multiple Projectiles don't seem to work with this either.

In regards to Facebreaker, 850% would be OP, but there should be a use for the gloves, seems like half the uniques are unique purely because no one would ever use them. Cut it down to a reasonable percentage and make it useable.

As far as building to the skill, it's really not reasonable to assume that casual players are ever going to use this skill. How about increasing mana cost exponentially with the damage, something that keeps people using it at least as a secondary instead of forcing people to build specifically for one skill.
Are you mad?
Facebreaker is one of the best uniques in the game, below level 30 you get higher unarmed damage than with any weapon combination.
There's been a Build of the Week using them that was so strong the developers had to nerf it.
Also, why does every skill have to cater to "casual players"?
It's a nice secondary for elemental reflect mobs.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info