Rejuvenation Totem

In addition to providing a way better life regen/mana tradeoff than vitality, it gives a totem which can be attacked by monsters. And monsters love to attack totems. It heals you and even named monsters go straight to the totem to destroy it. A good opportunity (because it ignores you) to hit that monster hard with your hammer.

So, double the advantage to vitality.
"
mozart116 wrote:
What's the point of using a Vitality gem now?

Just nothing, apart from this, gems are not updated for a very long time, hope with 0.9.12 they would be balanced.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
You would need to have, 7000 life for a level 17 vitality aura to outheal a level 17 rejuv totem.

Possible? Yeah. Rejuv will be better support in most groups, though. Especially since you can get two totems up to provide coverage on your party.

Spamming rejuvs is costly, though. Quite costly. More impactful on overall regen than a 20% reservation, after reductions. Also cuts into activity (number of combat actions you can fit in). Rolling with vit, if you have high enough life to make it almost worth it, unclutters your precast routine a bit. Now you just have to enduring cry and cast whatever curse you have bound. Cuts out leading all movement with totem casts.

Two buffed rejuv totems also take a lot of the focus off you as a tank. Trade-offs all around.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 24, 2012, 4:24:58 AM
While a great totem, it taunts nearly as much as decoy totem, and as well as the other totems. Being that this totem is the only one besides the taunting totem without the potential to deal damage, I feel it shouldn't be causing the amount of aggro it does.
I may have found out (not really sure but it seemed so) that two rejuv totems stack their effetcs. I think it would be better to make such buffs unique.
Additionally I recognized, the totem buff does not effect through walls or other obstacles, blocking line of sight. That's a good point, since it prevents the totem from being untouchable on the other side of a wall while regenerating.

My champ is 27 and I just finished the normal mode with a friend. We're both melees, Duelist and Templar.
From our point of view the totem is not very useful if you place it right in large fights, since it dies too fast.
Nontheless we used it for large groups e.g. around the yellow mini-bosses as a regeneration point in some distance, when it was too dangerous to stay in the pack all the time (was kind of hopping in, killing some, hopping out, reg), keeping the flasks for emergency.

My meaning about it is kind of splitted. I can imagine that four of these totems stacking (if they really do^^) create an area of invulnerability, if maybe even combined with enough resistances and armour (in case the owners can prevent the monsters from deytroying them, like with knockback or frost etc.).
On the other side it's a nice skill for a hit, run and reg style if you aren't able to refill your flasks fast enough or want to keep them.

These are my experiences and thoughts about this skill.
Well I just noticed that instead of mana cost it says mana reserved.
As have many others :p It's a display issue that they're hoping to fix, but it's a minor polish issue. Not particularly high on the list.

The reason it does that is because the totem itself reserves mana (from its own pool) for the aura.
So the totem actually has a "rejuvenation" Aura?
How come that one stacks, most other auras will not?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
So the totem actually has a "rejuvenation" Aura?
How come that one stacks, most other auras will not?
It doesn't stack.
I think there's an error with the rejuvenation totem tooltip. Its currently saying "mana reserved" intead of "mana cost".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info