Righteous Fire

They don't cope as well as they are working for you right now, from what it sounds like.

You eluded to the fact that you can remain in stasis with a Life flask and actually get back to full with positive regen if you pop your Ruby Flask.

My high HP pool char has to use the biggest flask possible just to prolong the Burning effect long enough to kill everything. I can only stay in stasis with the Ruby popped for 2.4 seconds.

Still works, but not as elegant anymore as it is working with your character it seems.

Thing is, I needed the giant HP pool to dish out more damage to kill the chaos mobs faster, because one of people's main questions about the viability of this was whether it was "fast" enough or not. So kinda a tricky situation.

I still don't see why people are writing this skill off for witches. Seems to me like it could work fine for a low HP high E.S. build, that only uses it when it is safe to do so. (i.e. in a party behind a tank, you can boost your dps wildly with this if you are in relative safety) A lot of people ONLY consider SINGLE PLAYER aspects of all gems, and forget that many gems are useful when PARTIED! :)
Last edited by visibiliti on May 23, 2012, 4:31:01 PM
"
visibiliti wrote:
Has anyone CONFIRMED yet that Increased Radius of Auras has no effect?
I confirmed it does have an effect quite a while ago. It might have been in a different thread than this. I pretty much went over everything that does and doesn't affect it.

The thing is that with such a low base AoE, getting all the increased area passives won't really increase it's size much — wouldn't be worth it in any way. I guess there's no loss to putting the support gem on it though.

The larger a radius of AoE is to begin with, the more effective increasing it will be, since the area increases by the square of the radius.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
visibiliti wrote:
Has anyone CONFIRMED yet that Increased Radius of Auras has no effect?
I confirmed it does have an effect quite a while ago. It might have been in a different thread than this. I pretty much went over everything that does and doesn't affect it.

The thing is that with such a low base AoE, getting all the increased area passives won't really increase it's size much — wouldn't be worth it in any way. I guess there's no loss to putting the support gem on it though.

The larger a radius of AoE is to begin with, the more effective increasing it will be, since the area increases by the square of the radius.

Ah, gotcha. Good point. Thanks.
Very interesting skill, I just found one; does 'Crystal skin' or 'Chance to avoid being ignited' passives have any effect on it?
I'll try a witch, RF combined with Pain Attunement- with 81% fire resist and hp flasks, i'd like to perma burn myself :) - one regular flask could give +90hp/s for 9/12 seconds, so I need to have no more than 500hp; +100% spell damage would be awesome (RF burning damage will be just a side effect).
ign: Ron
Last edited by Alegor on May 25, 2012, 8:42:04 AM
I am testing this skill now, and it seem very good.

It's a hardcore character, so I don't know how far I'll go, but as of now, in cruel, it seems quite good.

91% fire resist lets it burn long enough to kill most things outright. The bandits were the hardest challenge so far, as they keep moving out of the area of effect.

The spear spider boss died in two seconds to my 970 health marauder.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
Alegor wrote:
Very interesting skill, I just found one; does 'Crystal skin' or 'Chance to avoid being ignited' passives have any effect on it?
I'll try a witch, RF combined with Pain Attunement- with 81% fire resist and hp flasks, i'd like to perma burn myself :) - one regular flask could give +90hp/s for 9/12 seconds, so I need to have no more than 500hp; +100% spell damage would be awesome (RF burning damage will be just a side effect).

I, too, thought of that same possible "bug" with RF-- taking Crystal Skin or Chance to Avoid being Ignited might have let you cast the skill without starting to burn-- but alas, I tried it and you always burn 100% of the time as you would expect from the skill.

Otherwise, you would just stand at the entrance of a zone and keep recasting it until you didn't burn, which would be a huge abuse of the skill obviously, lol. But yeah, doesn't work!
havent mutch time, but now iam back at testing:

Avoid burning <------tested, not work
increase area of effect <----tested, work ;)
concentrade are of effect <----work, but seems like only lower the range, and not increase the dmg
increasse Burning dmg <----testet, wokrs, but for both burning dmg...u burn ridiculous fast urself and ure enemies^^
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Anyone tried the Elemental Proliferation support gem with this skill?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it doesn't work.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
Last edited by Danny on May 31, 2012, 8:40:20 AM
It do not work... seems like the actualy only concentrate efect, increased effec, and castpseed works
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
This skill has an incredibly small AoE.

Although very powerful through normal/cruel as a damage skill, it doesn't really do enough damage for further difficulties, as no supports increase it's damage output.

Current build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBzbEgV3KypW4SIY8jOygtVeMraEXRND3Xgjy-rDxIYkuqDgowy9UXz8dBqpa7ikAZ0z_we7nlP70A1OTmBI6nnDGTSfeGfSmyojeodn0L3jPIOTABeE0Buo0PKVe9z20A9phOs_ta7Q7HJvb2RZcBdaprrnaTM_O3wOZYb_2pYj-bb0JKcbe53_DdSHSYEYhzSRB4xSU7Bn9447NXr5igjnfPAlkq6vOPK3I55A9Iu-KbHUlApBGAxU1moOVDPcasB3e_bfTSnUlyn1bUMAh9QACWxeeoL3qJN8Qjf_9eeb_kr9wOPweeIYH2YEwbzk5N3bR_EVnnKEWrZVXSjqcuopjFo5s7xWUoW9k2OL6DfOG0KCn6N5cIRHfyvK3Wxo-cyXoP-lt5wZdTT2zCqkgB8w==
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info