Righteous Fire

You take Fire Damage over Time equal to 90% of Life plus 70% of ES; it's just one value, and that one value applies to your ES first :P
Doing pretty well in a 4 Link with Spell Totem - RF - Rapid Decay - Increased AOE.

Have Purity of Elements as well as Blasphemy with Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. I have enough MP left over with the reserve nodes to cast Searing Bonds or Curse on Hit Vulnerability GMP Arctic Breath

Pretty much got the Templar and Witch AOE nodes, as well as Increased AOE and two Lavianga's Wisdoms (for the 10% AOE). When I'm able, i'll upgrade to Doryani's Catalyst and Trolltimber Spire. Trolltimber has better Life and the 15 AOE, and i'll sacrifice the other 5% AOE for the extra Elemental Damage.

While I did get Ancestral Bond early, I removed it for Elemental Equilibrium. I'm using Soul Mantle for the 2nd RF Totem as Soul Mantle grants 50% Totem Life which is important for RF's base damage, and using EE with my Arctic Breath to lower resistances and slow even further. I am using a tri-curse setup, two with Blasphemy and one with Curse on Hit.

I'm quite enjoying the build, but as mentioned before by someone, RF's cast time is an issue. I did get most of the Totem Placement Speed nodes, but the problem is my low cast time is causing the totem to cast RF fairly slowly after the totem is set. There's no incentive to get cast speed for RF Totems as it doesn't help anything else you do. It would be nice if RF reduced or lost its cast time.
Does Rapid Decay or Controlled Destruction work with RF?

Rapid decay does not seem to modify the tags present on the skill indicator, but Controlled Destruction does.

However I haven no idea if they are working. I tried testing them on mobs in Aqueduct act 4 Merciless but I don't think they had any effect.

If they both work, I just found my new 6L setup.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Rapid Decay cannot apply because RF is not a duration-based Skill. Linking Spell Totem in addition would do the trick :P
Damage over Time is never Spell Damage, and as such Spell Damage modifiers cannot apply to Damage over Time unless there is a specific clause for it (as seen on Contagion and Essence Drain).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 6, 2016, 9:02:58 AM
I know it was said years ago that damage conversion doesn't apply to DoT, is this still true for RF? If not, consuming dark would be OPOP
//go next
Still the case.
I think I remember reading somewhere on the forums that GGG didn't want CI and RF to be used together. I was trying to find the specific post on this but can't seem to find it. I understand you can't use RF with 1hp which is unfortunate because I've just recently started playing ES RF builds and Shav's wrapping are way out of my price range every time. Wouldn't a modifier on CI such as (99% less health, can't reserve life) be more forgiving than just giving 1 life? Though as I type this I realize that low life builds would possibly take advantage of this. so maybe just reduce life to 2? that's only 1 more life than 1! How game breaking could it be?
"
How game breaking could it be?

It can pretty easily get you a Reserve without costing any Mana; link a lv18+ Blood Magic to a Herald and it will Reserve 1 of your 2 Life. A more chufty setup could even slap Discipline onto Life, but that's a bit more pricy than just 1 socket.
Not strictly game-breaking, but it's a big power shift nontheless.

It also brings access to RF - but that is your goal so you're well aware of that :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 14, 2016, 8:44:59 AM
Hi everyone, i'm in trouble.

I have the following nodes :
Spoiler
-> Near Scion
Shaper : +1%
3 nodes near Shaper : +1%

-> Between Templar and Marauder
Combat Stamina : 1%
2 nodes near Combat Stamina : 0,8%

-> Near Templar
Sanctity : 1%
3 nodes near Sanctity : 1.2%

Between Templar and Witch :
Quick recovery : 0,8%

-> Near Marauder
Warrior's blood : 1,8%
Armor Mastery : 0,5%
1 node near Warrior's blood : 0,8

-> Blazing Greatwold Talisman of Variegation : 2%
Total : 11,9% life regen / sec.
I have Zealot's Oath.
On my sheet i can see that i regen the awaited amount of ES.

I want to tank Righteous Fire with ES.
I'm burning for 70% of my max ES / secs.

I have 86% fire resist wich mean that only 14% of any incoming fire dmge is taken.
-> 70% * 0,14 = 9,8%.
I need less than 10% ES regen to sustain RF and i have almost 12%.

IG, i can't sustain Righteous Fire.

Question of the day :
Where am i wrong ?
You forgot to add the burning that comes from 90% of your max life!

Although you want to use es, the skill takes into account both no matter what you 'want'. The same is true for life based builds, they will take additional damage from having ES.

edit
you can remedy this by:
getting even less life somehow (less strength, fewer life on gear, fewer life nodes if you have any), getting higher energy shield, or just increasing your es:life ratio by any means, and getting more regen or fire resistance of course.
Last edited by biyte on Feb 6, 2016, 4:19:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info