Righteous Fire

inc AOE's Quality now grants increased area damage rather than area of effect.
So add that 10% reduced AOE to the comparison.
i never count quality anymore. i don't want to give up the hopes of an average to beginner player when working towards builds, as that costs a bit not everyone has readily =p. also firestorm's quality was only one that had a dramatic result before... unless you count anything that used to have 3% gain per quality.

back on track, i listed one of the levels wrong but pretty much same thing.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 16, 2015, 4:35:41 AM
Why does my RF build feel so weak now? I use to melt mobs anywhere I went... now it takes forever. And my RF build is about as good as it gets. Legacy Kaom, 10k hps, 1.4k regen, High amount of burning damage, elemental equilibrium, double curse, and shock.

In 1.3 this was my main build and was actually my most efficient build. Even besting my low life loath bane spectral throw and Low Life Mjolner build. Very tanky and high dps. The online calculator said I had around 120k dps with RF.

Now in 2.0 not only do I feel weak tank wise, but I also am lacking very much in DPS. Even Dominus was a challenge for me in 2.0 . I have no idea what changed with RF, but it is definitely a big difference.
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
Why does my RF build feel so weak now? I use to melt mobs anywhere I went... now it takes forever. And my RF build is about as good as it gets. Legacy Kaom, 10k hps, 1.4k regen, High amount of burning damage, elemental equilibrium, double curse, and shock.

In 1.3 this was my main build and was actually my most efficient build. Even besting my low life loath bane spectral throw and Low Life Mjolner build. Very tanky and high dps. The online calculator said I had around 120k dps with RF.

Now in 2.0 not only do I feel weak tank wise, but I also am lacking very much in DPS. Even Dominus was a challenge for me in 2.0 . I have no idea what changed with RF, but it is definitely a big difference.

How were you shocking the mobs? my guess is because of changes to status ailments in 2.0, you lost the damage multiplier from shocks amongst other things like 10% less damage from conc effect now & overall less aoe etc.

2.0 patch notes: "Freeze, Shock and Chill now last for 60ms for every 1% of life dealt by the appropriate element, up to a maximum of 50%. "
First no more shock which gave us 50% more damage. Second, mob damage and hp has been upped considerably in maps. Rf is still really really good aside from aoe conc change.

I'm running 7k life Cyclone RF, carcass jack, double curse, fortify. Good damage output and great survivability. Still one of the best cost/output ratio builds.
Oh and there seems to be a bug in 2.0. I posted it in the bug forum but it likely was missed

For some reason rf can't damage piety portals in 2.0. That kinda sucks. I had to run and hide like a coward from her ice form in a shrine map
Thanks to the 2.0.0g patch,

"
Righteous Fire now correctly changes its aura size when its support gems change.

And it is true, now RF seems to benefits from both Increased AOE and Concentrated effect, like it did before.

But i was surprised to see that with these two support gems linked to RF :
- Increased AOE Lvl 20, granting 32% increased AOE
- Concentrated effect, granting 25% less AOE

the visible radius of RF is shorter than it is with no support gem.

Doesn't the +32 / -25 result in +7% AOE ? No

But, if i refer to the link http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifiers#Multiple_.E2.80.9CLess.E2.80.9D_and_.E2.80.9CMore.E2.80.9D_modifiers
i would have 100*(100-25)/100*(100+32)/100 = 99 (area of effect).
The difference between RF alone and that combo should not be visible i think...
Last edited by MiniCooler on Jul 24, 2015, 9:48:13 AM
The difference would be tiny, except that RF only has a radius of 10, not 100, and integer division ignores decimal values:
10 * 0.99 = 9.9, rounds to 9

So that's a 10% difference. However, if you get 34% Increased AoE, you should be good to go.
Thanks for your answer.
rouding 9.9 to 9 and losing nearly 1 is a bad thing... :-(
Hello!!!

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find the answer anywhere so I'll ask here!

I'm using RF and trying to see if the dagger, The Consuming Dark works with it's burn effect.

The dagger says it "converts 75% of fire damage into chaos damage" but it doesn't seem to affect the burn.

Is this because it can't affect one part of RF without affecting the other and so GGG made it just not work with it?

Just trying to make sure cause it's fucking confusing when it says it converts that much to chaos damage but then doesn't for a pure fire skill xP

thanks!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info