Righteous Fire

Does Increased Item Rariry GEM work with RF?

Without gem I have 50 rarity.
With gem I have 110 rarity. (Let's say RF linked with IIR GEM)

1. When I kill a monster with RF which rarity works?
2. When I kill a monster with other skill (Cyclone) which rarity works?

Just want to make sure...
The gem only applies if you kill an enemy with RF's AoE Burn.
"
Righteous Fire Burns based on a % of your max life.

So does the Fire Damage change if your Maximum Life changes?

example I cast righteous fire with infernal mantles +30% fire damage, and then after casting RF I put on a legacy Kaom's armour with +1000 life.

My max life just increased, does my RF damage increase as well or does my RF damage stay
the same, based off of my max life when RF was cast?

Bump.... still need an answer. anyone?
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
As I understand when you cast RF it's damage is calculated by CURRENT CONDITIONS and it never changes until you remove/recast RF.

So, no.
Last edited by sondeckis on Feb 2, 2014, 1:40:51 PM
Hi I've made a Righteous Fire character and it's working extremely well. I'm not at the pointe where im out-regenerating my RF without any pots running and killing everything with ese.

But I have problem figuring out what to link with RF in my 6L Searing Touch because a lot of gems don't seem to have any effect, and as there is no shown dps output on the spell's tooptip it seems impossible to test as everything dies instantly already.

Please help

-Best regards TheUkranianLawnMower
question about Avatar of Fire + RF:
Will AoF converts increased physical (from weapons/passives) damage to increased fire damage??
If it can, there would be better option to casting RF, than 2xRedbeak...
IGN : FlatBuffalo
Last edited by laposbivaly on Feb 5, 2014, 7:24:20 AM
"
Tarazel wrote:
Hi I've made a Righteous Fire character and it's working extremely well. I'm not at the pointe where im out-regenerating my RF without any pots running and killing everything with ese.

But I have problem figuring out what to link with RF in my 6L Searing Touch because a lot of gems don't seem to have any effect, and as there is no shown dps output on the spell's tooptip it seems impossible to test as everything dies instantly already.

Please help

-Best regards TheUkranianLawnMower

RF + Increase Burning Damage + quality increased area of effect + Item Rarity + Item Quality
and for 6L either Concentrated effect or empower.

I personally don't like conc. effect... big damage boost sure... but I prefer a large radius.

test dps on brutus, kale, piety or general grecivous.
"
laposbivaly wrote:

40% burning damage on searing touch gives 110%.... red beak's 200%.... but here is the thing.

I think Searing Touch is a better choice because with searing touch you get +2 to fire gems. So +2 to RF and +2 to increased burning damage help to shrink the DPS gap.

AND

an even better reason is you can have 4,5 or 6 Link instead of a lame 3 link in the red beak.
Plus you don't have to mess around with the casting on low life nonsense.

EDIT: well I guess you can use redbeaks with a 5L armour or in your 4L boots/gloves/helm... but I use Kaom's heart, and IMO it's a waste to use up active skills gems sockets with your RF links.
Last edited by SeriousBeatdown on Feb 5, 2014, 12:10:22 PM
"
RF + Increase Burning Damage + quality increased area of effect + Item Rarity + Item Quality
and for 6L either Concentrated effect or empower.

Enhance would be a much bigger boost than Empower. +1% spell damage per level of Empower, or +6% per level of Enhance.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 5, 2014, 12:19:07 PM
"
"
laposbivaly wrote:

40% burning damage on searing touch gives 110%.... red beak's 200%.... but here is the thing.

I think Searing Touch is a better choice because with searing touch you get +2 to fire gems. So +2 to RF and +2 to increased burning damage help to shrink the DPS gap.

AND

an even better reason is you can have 4,5 or 6 Link instead of a lame 3 link in the red beak.
Plus you don't have to mess around with the casting on low life nonsense.

EDIT: well I guess you can use redbeaks with a 5L armour or in your 4L boots/gloves/helm... but I use Kaom's heart, and IMO it's a waste to use up active skills gems sockets with your RF links.

2xRedbeak do more damage its sure.
+ i dont have any problems with the casting, since:
My build is low life/Shavs build.
I cast RF with 5L arm atm, or with Ryme Gaze helmet on chaos dam maps -- casting process is about 2 sec, and it provide the casting of blood rage too...

But my question was: Avatar of Fire can work with the casting weapons?? (i think no, but dont for sure... )
IGN : FlatBuffalo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info