Righteous Fire

"
Jabba_The_Hot wrote:
can u link iron will gem to it? and if yes if i use the unique mace doon cuebiyari and also have a iron will gem does it still work?

Spell damage or iron will will do nothing

Doon cuebiyari 1%damage/8strength will work with it though
"
DarkManda wrote:
hi,
Got a question :
does the "(20 to 30)% Chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill" from the blood dance unique boots work with RF ? or it is an on hit bonus ?

edit:
maybe we could have a list of what works or don't with RF ? because all the information are spread in 72 pages :p

like :

IIQ/IIR : yes
Increase area (gem, passif, stuff) : yes, yes, yes
Concentrated Effect (gem) : yes
Increased spell damage (passif, stuff): no, no
Increased burning damage(gem, passif, stuff): yes, yes, yes
Increase fire damage (passif, stuff) : yes, yes
Fire penetration gem : no
Iron will : no
Life Leech : no
Chance to ignite : no
Increased Elemental Damage (passif, stuff) : yes, ???
Increase damage over time passif : ???
Increase damage (Redbeak sword) : yes

thank you :)

blood dance works. because it's "on kill" not "on hit"
IIQ/IIR on gear works, gems don't
inc ele damage on stuff works same as passives
inc DoT works
Im currently lvling a low life rf sporker (yes I know so last month) and I was wondering if there is any interesting way of using this snapshoting Im hearing so much about to increase the RF spell damage bonus or to benefit the totems in general.

would the double redbeak/RF trick give more spell damage RF burn?
Which as a Dual totem user I wont get as RF is a skill and I cant do damage with it whilst having AB

Id like to find some way to keep redbeaks LL bonus but be able to use a shield and wand, would totems also gain from snapshoting? I.e. use redbeak/heart breaker to cast them and swap to wand/shield for charge gaining but keep the free culing and LL spell bonus?
Just wondering about CI. Why wouldn't the gem consider ES before fizzling out. If it burns through ES first anyway, why not make the skill compatible with CI? It would make a difficult skill slightly less difficult.
When i swap to Redbeak to use RF and swap back again to dyadus, does the 40% burn damage when chilled work? or just the bonus of Readbeak?
Would the 10% fire damage from a 20% quality Fire pen work for RF damage?
Does Culling Strike's damage increase work with RF?

Honestly, there's way too much confusion about what works with RF and what doesn't.

Would definitely help if someone from GGG updated the first post with a list.
Last edited by Devobrah on Jan 24, 2014, 1:47:28 PM
There's so much confusion, and it's not even that hard.

First things first: the source doesn't matter. Gaining 10% Increased Damage from gear is exactly the same as getting it from a Gem or a Passive. It's still 10% Increased Damage after all. If they were different, they wouldn't be described with exactly the same words.

Increased Damage always applies. To everything. That's why it doesn't specify anything.

Fire Damage over Time is indeed Fire Damage. Who knew. Increased Fire Damage applies.

If you can Support RF with Culling/FPen, their Damage multipliers will work. I don't think they will link up though.
Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere deep inside this thread, but this has been bugging me for quite some time.

Is there a reason why Righteous Fire is a level 19 skill gem that you have to wait till level 65 when you can equip the unique shield, as well as have a build focused on max fire resist + life regen, just to be able to run it without dying horribly?

It's not that I have a problem with this being the case per say, I just find it odd that no other skill acts like this. They can all be used much closer to when, if not as soon as, they're equip-able.

I'm led to assume that this is because it was designed to be a quick buff to spell damage and not a main ability. However, it still seems to be impossible to use it that way without the above requirements at level 65 (which at that point, you might as well just keep it going full time).

Can any players/developers/moderators enlighten me as to what exactly the deal with this skill is? I'm just a bit...confused...

[Edits are fixing silly typos]
Last edited by WShinikaru on Jan 27, 2014, 7:30:04 PM
RF does not require any specific items to be used. It's very hard to maintain indefinitely without such items, but that's not the main point of the skill anyway.

RF explicitly cannot kill you, it ends when you have 1 life, before the point you'd die. Use as a short-duration, powerful spell damage buff only requires that your regen/resists conspire to let you deal enough damage to kill the immediately threatening monsters before it reaches that point, and then you can regain life with flasks before the next pack. That's a risk for the player to calculate on a case-by-case basis, using knowledge, experience and skill to determine when to use it.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 27, 2014, 8:08:45 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
RF does not require any specific items to be used. It's very hard to maintain indefinitely without such items, but that's not the main point of the skill anyway.

RF explicitly cannot kill you, it ends when you have 1 life, before the point you'd die. Use as a short-duration, powerful spell damage buff only requires that your regen/resists conspire to let you deal enough damage to kill the immediately threatening monsters before it reaches that point, and then you can regain life with flasks before the next pack. That's a risk for the player to calculate on a case-by-case basis, using knowledge, experience and skill to determine when to use it.

I had assumed that it was meant as a quick burst of spell damage in that sort of situation. On a character with fairly good regen and capped fire resist the skill brought me down to 1 health in something akin to 2-3 seconds (hardly something you would want to do in pretty much any situation), so I thought I'd check to make sure. I suppose I'm willing to chalk it up to the stats I had not being sufficient enough though.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info