Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
In the end-game, Harvest Crafting allowed the creation of some ridiculous items, mostly via a set of deterministic crafts that interacted with specific types of mods. This had to be toned down, and we had to choose between two ways to do it: either by removing the dangerous crafts, or by keeping them in as rare possibilities and then balancing by rarity.

Or, you could have added other mods with similar tags to the deterministic pool, and made crafts bound to account. You know, the sensible approach.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
bit shit for the SSF community

thanks to all those trove abusers :)

i agree it was taking over the game. but in SSF it was really nice!

ah well, i dont mind! i dont want it to be harvest the video game lol
IGN: TitanVaolox
Last edited by Dakrath on Mar 10, 2021, 4:49:37 PM
Yikes
Honestly you can just remove it by now, wont make a difference. Thanks Chris.
So you acknowledge that the requirement to use a Discord server is a problem. And, instead of making Harvest crafts tradable safely ingame, you first of all neuter them to hell and back, and then subsequently ignore the actual core problem to begin with:

The remaining good crafts STILL REQUIRE a Discord to trade with!
You killed my favorite mechanic and I'm going to enjoy the game a hell of a lot less now. This is what Chris Wilson was talking about when he explained why Marvel Heroes died, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. I'm not going to quit or anything, but, it's really going to be hard to as in love with the game with these changes, and I spent like $1600 on supporter packs a divination card because of how invested in the game I became after harvest crafting arrived. It just seems like a step backwards, it's almost physically painful to read this, I hate to sound so dramatic, but really, it's my favorite part of my favorite game.

The two leagues with Harvest in it, I played to level 100 and made awesome gear and had a ton of fun, I actively made friends by offering to teach players how to craft, but now I'm probably just going to spend my money on 36 challenges and dip after two weeks. Being able to incrementally upgrade your gear is a huge motivation to keep playing, I wish that was kept in mind here. Crafts could've just been made much more rare or cost significant currency to use, for example.
Last edited by Vedgy on Mar 10, 2021, 5:05:06 PM
Harvest was the ONLY thing that managed to keep my interest in this league over the 2 week period in wich I usually drop them becouse of how fast this game gets boring.
Good luck with the game, see ya in Diablo 2R and Diablo 4 :)
"
in this thread, an entire lot of people that don't know what a looter game is about.

so much this.
"
in this thread, an entire lot of people that don't know what a looter game is about.

This isn't a looter game. The best gear is from crafting, not dropped. It would appear you don't know what a looter game is.
Well that's just fantastic :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info