Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

i'm really sad and frustrated by this decision. i really love being able to craft my own items, and keep trying again, until i can achieve the item i want. this is the first league ever that i really enjoyed every step of my progression, that i was finally able to play the end-game content. that progression that harvest crafting gave us is the most fun and satisfactory aspect of the game, you can't take it away from us, it's not fair.
back in the day, the only people that had the privilege of having nice items were the 1% of the community and streamers. harvest crafting changed that, and made possible for us mere mortals who don't play the game 12+ hours a day to craft some nice gear, to progress in the game and be able to do end-game content. and now, it seems we are getting back to a primitive crafting system, which will make end-game, once again, unachievable for 99% of the community.
ok, the harvest trade could be so much better, but the trading system in discord always existed, and its awesome, because you get to interact and meet so many people. i can't remember how many times i bought a craft from someone, and they were cheering for me, hoping that i'd get the mod that i wanted.
honestly, i really hope you think back on this decision, because this is going to kill one of the best mechanics of the game :(
Last edited by Batiatus_ on Mar 10, 2021, 6:22:56 PM
And the fun hunt allready start...
Dear GGG you dont seems to understand that the problem with crafting is... your systeme itself !

I can understand that harvest in current state with "too" deterministic approach can be abusive but even like that its not that allways easy to craft good things, and there is more and more crafting options making it more and more hard/impossible without that to have decent item unless you just chaos spam an item and prey hard for a luck that is million time harder than winning loterie !

Rethink your entire crafting system to make it more "fair", interesting and especialy engaging.

For exemple, imprint is an interesting mechanic, like i can try hard my luck alt spam to have a chance getting lets say an explody chest roll, and i could save that.

But its way too hard to go further and so then by keeping gambling over and over again.
We need more ways to secure a bit the crafting process if you want to keep some random in it.

Especialy because item ARE the end game, there is no way to get stronger in this game expect by good gear, we cant really level up or having any other way to get stronger, so when good items become unobtainable exept for 10 people over millions... fuck off thats just not interesting and not fun because NO ONE can play the damn game
Man, this sucks! This has been one of the most fun game I have played so far and got me to buy these supporting packs. But now it looks like they are making it so hard for casuals to mid tier gamers to play at a high level. I already am farming as much as I can spending hours trying to get currency and getting items, just thinking about doing it longer to get the same tier of items for the next league is dreadful. I hope they reverse then again later on.
RIP slam meta.

Hope we see some buffs in 3.14 otherwise no one will be playing in Red Maps.
I've put hundreds of hours into this league because I loved the new mechanic and the ability to work at obtaining MY OWN gear instead of buying it off the market. Usually I'm burnt out after two or three weeks of a league, but I had so much fun learning to craft this league and learning the best ways to implement it into items.

Looks like next league I'll probably be back to losing interest in two weeks, since I'm not some streamer who can make a hundred ex a day and end up with the best items in the game anyways. Guess I'll just enjoy my fun build while I can this league.
This is very disappointing. This whole post read like it was crafted by people who really have no idea how most people play this game. Exalt slamming fun? Give me a break.

This league I came back for the new Atlas stuff, and really kept playing because of how fun harvest stuff was. It enabled me as a casual player to realistically be able to improve my own gear. Really regretting the support & extra stash tabs I wasted as I don't see myself continuing to play without a deterministic method of crafting my own items.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

As a more mid-level player, I have never done this. Who is this directed at?

I didn't play Harvest league for my own reasons, but I have come to really enjoy the mechanic. I don't usually craft things on my own, but have started to do so thanks to the mechanic. This change means I'll be forced to going back to that, because I will never waste valuable currency trying to craft things on my own when the outcome is so incredibly random.

Really bad change.
What effect is this going to have on build variety? Before Harvest I remember everyone was choosing among one or two meta builds. Now you look at poe.ninja and the build distribution is pretty even.

I'm ok with Harvest going away if it doesn't mean turning back the clock to a time when the only viable build was a minion build heavy on unique items.
This only hurts the average player and limits build variety. Players that make bank every league won't care much. My friends that don't understand the crafting system will feel compelled to buy upgraded gear and what they'll honestly *probably* do is not play next league.

If you keep reforge keeping prefix/suffix without change, we're still compelled to go to a discord and make harvest trades.

I strongly disapprove of this direction.
Im confused in so ill list what i understood?
-We still only have a 10 craft limit? so harvest is still unusable unless if you use a discord or plan for it buy having quad tabs full of half build items.
- we get less craft? i liked chaos spamming a item 10 times until i got t1/2 hp or some other random mod i want on a useable item. it was way better than using my chaos for it.
-no more divines x mod? ok i can life with that
-60% more likely to get it? what was it originally cant you just say it was in X% of maps now its in y% of maps is it that hard to be direct?
-annulment removes? so is it only annulment x or is it also annulment add it again?
- we still have mods that add x but it can only be used on non influenced items unless if it specifically say so?
-We keep remove non X mod add x mod? it was the most broken one that few people used because you need to understand the crafting way better than what a normal crafter knew of how to abuse's it. great so if i want to use harvest i need to learn how now.
- still no fix for the discord problem none of the changes address it you talk about it but say nothing about fixing it.

can we please store harvest craft in some kind of orb.
if we still have a 10 craft limit let me store it in orbs if i want more space so i can use them when i have enough to craft something in 1 sitting or sell them a lot easier. This way buyer dont have to trust me or i dont have to worry about using the wrong craft. its better for everyone. so we can in essence store more if were willing to buy the orbs from a vender.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info