Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

My question is do y'all as a company want people to have fun playing your game or not because everytime we find something worth keeping us playing the game you ( GGG ) take that fun away from us with a less than flattering reason.
When has a game ever survived these many nerfs and stayed relevant this game has but many people feel this game is becoming a chore and not fun.

You continue to buff all enemies and add powerful bosses while nerfing all characters, skills and supports but the grind of the game has to have loot that rewards that grind hints were the chore parts comes to play.

People are quitting the seasons earlier because the loot does not match the grind and the same 1% achieves the same goals every season. There are so many things that need real attention and y'all choose to overlook this every season. The fact the in end game 90% of the loot that drops is worthless is a huge issue. Furthermore, Currency as a whole needs a buff because barely anything drops while leveling that helps the player anymore.

Crafting is suppose to be OP. Being able to spend your hard earned currency on making something to give you edge should and always be OP because of the super grind it takes to craft that perfect piece of gear and to take take any piece of that away is slap in the face to the player base because you are saying screw your grind imma make you grind some more to get less but please keep playing my game. I regress...

Getting booted from the server or the powerful asf 1 shot mechanics in the game make hardcore not viable.

If you cannot tell your player base is getting sick of b.s and wanna see a positive change not nerfs that kill certain builds and shift the meta every season then yall kill those builds the next season.
A build should not be nerfed into the ground because 10 to 20 percent of the player base is playing that build your focus should be bring all the builds to that standard so all builds can be played.

I love this game but y'all are killing it slowly and that upsets me.
I play like 4h a day (when I play), harvest its good because the way it is... if you remove the non random stuff because stupid "Mirror items" from stremmers =
Don't nerf my harvest and make it easier to trade the crafts just like you did with bestiary...
I've been playing since beta. Before harvest, crafting has always been relegated to the top 1% of the player base. I was never wealthy enough to even consider crafting items until harvest came along. As a result, 3.13 has been the best league I've ever played dating back to before Act 3 was even finished.

Removing these deterministic options and making crafting less accessible simply makes crafting items impossible for the vast majority of players.

In the 8 years since I've played this game, I've almost NEVER yolo exalt slammed an item because I never was wealthy enough where that would be a reasonable option (the risk vs reward is just way too high). But with harvest crafting, I've enjoyed making items for my build that would otherwise never be accessible to me.

I'm disappointed in the design philosophy that makes it so that only wealthy elite players can craft while the majority of the rest of the player base loses the ability to make their own items simply because the cost of making something decent will astronomically skyrocket with these changes.

Back to the dark ages of Mors yolo slamming exalts on twilight strand while listening to wrecking ball and the rest of us cry in poor.
Maybe I'm just not cut out to play the game anymore. you giveth and you taketh away. maybe if harvest never even happened, but it did. and now I'm sad
Last edited by mickimiu on Mar 10, 2021, 6:24:39 PM
I had a troubled journey with Harvest. The league made me burnout pretty fast, even tough i liked the challenge of creating a nice tidy garden. But still i liked the crafting options. It made it possible to get into crafting early and even work up into really good(ish) gear.

In the current league all the different parts seemed to fall into place. sure i ignored a ton of crafts that i probably could have used, but i was fine as i got a ton of value out of it, even as a rather new player to it. My guildis shared some 'recipes' and i deconstructed some myself. It felt great, crafting towards my final gear, or improving items that i found 'useable but not yet great'.

TBH, i sensed that the powerlevel and level of deterministic might be too high, i understand that you want to get around the 3rd party trade. But this change won't accomplish any of your goals and STILL break my heart. The part about influenced items is, in my book not even the biggest problem. But maybe do all the nerfs you wanna do to the system AND make it easier to trade seeds in a meaningful way? Now we got a system that feels bad in EVERY aspect. Great improvement. Not.
what a garbage choice, i skip next league.
After giving us a powerful crafting option u are just stealing it back
AND why there isnt a harvest orb like beast to officialy trade it?
Why i have to use shit discord to do anything in this league? that's so wrong. and u are not fixing it at all.

First wrong choice was horti limit 10.
Now that.

Are u even reading what players think?

Harvest. Latom.
Now we're back to quit after the 3rd week of a league cause every slot to upgrade will require a mirror worth of farm. without harvest the character progression is again a bad joke. gj.
I AM JUST SHOCKED with the current state of trading .... everyone saw a nerf coming, but this one!?! WTF

let us complain in 2026 about trading, but harvest was a killer .... the second time now....
This is so sad.
Let's see what poe2 will offer...
Too much grinding in this game recently and harvest was a breath of fresh air.

edit: Oh and i would underline that Path of exile is a not competitive game, so i really don't understand why ggg is totally against an easiest progression of the character...
Last edited by N3M3SISSS on Mar 10, 2021, 6:31:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info