Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

It'll be Less deterministic and more time spent looking for harvest crafts, good crafts were uncommon as it is. Hurts to see the nerf, but also see it as a way for newer game mechanics to fill in the void.
If you're having to delete negative comments to put a spin on this, something may be _very_ wrong, and it's time to take a step back and ask yourself why.
"But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve." - That is correct, for those players who play and play and play LOTS of hours to achieve that point. But what about more casual players? Those who are still getting to awakening 8, and saw maven only at some streams, not in the game itself? Ye know, the slower ones... Shall we stick to standard, and The League is für da pross?

And side note: i stumbled on ph3lon post. he is right.
This is really sad. For me Harvest was a way to improve my builds and gear over time and even try out builds that I otherwise wouldn't be able to play because the gear requirements where way to brutal. So harvest for me increased my play time in a league by 50% or more. I would really like to see the data that indicates a reduction in play time through harvest. Well back to gambling items and playing one of two top builds per league I guess....
Hum.. I find it ok in this current state, still need to play a lot to be successful with harvest. I guess i can't stop you to nerf it that hard..
A less punishing nerf would be ok but not the way you will do.

I'm also in the player base that find harvest fun
This is not a solution. About as bad as your trading situation. That is okay d2r will come give us something to do while ggg tries to fix their wonderful texture streaming, guts harvest, ignores trade, and lets their players solve crafting with a discord. Don't worry poe2 will save us all.
I want to know exactly how you thought any of these changes, minus the Oshabi change, were a good idea, seriously.

Harvest needed a change, clearly, I get that, you get that, we all get it.

The point about harvest exalts being unusable on influenced items is actually the most hackneyed solution to a non-problem you've ever come up with and I am ashamed for you.

That one line undermines any positive about these Harvest changes. Point 1 isn't any sort of improvement, at all, as the "good harvests" are now effectively worthless. Point 2 simply makes the system more frustrating to use, but you wanted to nerf it, so I assume that's the point.

Increasing the chance of a grove by 60% is not a good thing, and I'd ask you to stop veiling it as a good thing, because more than 60% of those harvests will be worthless to anyone trying to use your new influence game mechanics, including the Maven Orb which you literally just implemented.

The only positive change here is that nobody has to wait in Oshabi forever to fill a group, which is like a candy on the turd that is this manifesto. It's good, but will I touch a turd to get to it?
Last edited by PellOfTheTundra on Mar 10, 2021, 5:59:49 PM
Lets see how it will work, all that new stuff including harvest kept me playing league until now, normaly i would drop it month ago :D
No fun allowed . As usual.

Enjoy the prehistoric craft again
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
As a casual player, it's disappointing to see just how much players like me do NOT matter at all. Gambling is not crafting!

Aside from that, what's absolutely disgusting to me right now is how many comments I've watched get almost immediately deleted by the mods. Really? You're censoring the opinions of your playerbase? This is just shitty, dishonest, and super sketchy. OWN UP to your terrible decision and leave the angry and negative comments.

GGG, you're out of touch and you're fake. I've been loyal ever since I started playing, but I'm seriously just grossed out right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info