Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
jzhan92 wrote:
i bought 200 bucks worth of supporter packs this season, cuz i think GGG did it a great job for 3.13,
guess ill be a f2p player in 3.14.
thanks GGG. why do you keep nerf things that are fun .

yeah so fun to get perfect gear in 2 days and ruining league
"
mortecouye wrote:

If that gear's perfect then I don't want to know how insane mine is. XD
what a pity story with PathofMatth. nowadays GGG bans people from the game because they have different opinion?
I actually love that they increased the chance of encountering Harvests. They felt rare compared to other mechanics, even with atlas passives.

I just wish they would remove, replace, or at least heavily buff the stupid damage reflect armor mod. IT IS USELESS AT ALL LEVELS!
"
mortecouye wrote:
"
jzhan92 wrote:
i bought 200 bucks worth of supporter packs this season, cuz i think GGG did it a great job for 3.13,
guess ill be a f2p player in 3.14.
thanks GGG. why do you keep nerf things that are fun .

I see you are at lvl 100 and are far from having perfect gear... Did you get to lvl 100 in 2 days? Reaching lvl 100 takes quite some commitment. And yet, you still haven't gotten perfect gear...
Something doesn't add up in your statement...
"
yochee0 wrote:
I actually love that they increased the chance of encountering Harvests. They felt rare compared to other mechanics, even with atlas passives.

I just wish they would remove, replace, or at least heavily buff the stupid damage reflect armor mod. IT IS USELESS AT ALL LEVELS!

Read the manifesto again. They increased the chance of encountering Harvests from 5% to ~8%.
BUT they will also reduce the number of crafts you'll get / harvest. Now it was 1 seed, 1 craft.
"
Am3nti wrote:
"
yochee0 wrote:

Read the manifesto again. They increased the chance of encountering Harvests from 5% to ~8%.
BUT they will also reduce the number of crafts you'll get / harvest. Now it was 1 seed, 1 craft.

killing 20 mobs getting 20 crafts... meh
killing 20 mobs getting 5 useless crafts, now that's a good mechanic

I also like how they use the 60% increase in the garden spawn, because it looks better than saying from 5 to 8%, meaning almost no change
We'll be that much more likely to be reminded about how useless harvest crafting is now.

For a while now my heart has raced when I heard the ground erupt with blue ribbons. Now it would be like "GASP!! ...Oh yeah, NVM."

A huge reminder of profound disappointment on 8% of maps.

Great, let's play that.
Last edited by Obright on Mar 16, 2021, 1:07:59 PM
"
ezarurazvan wrote:
"
Am3nti wrote:
"
yochee0 wrote:

killing 20 mobs getting 20 crafts... meh
killing 20 mobs getting 5 useless crafts, now that's a good mechanic

I also like how they use the 60% increase in the garden spawn, because it looks better than saying from 5 to 8%, meaning almost no change

Let's do some math here:

Currently we have 5% spawn chance, with 24a seeds/harvest (a being the number of pilons you get). With a 1 seed : 1 craft ration, you get basically 5*24a = 120a crafts every 100 maps.

Now, with 8% spawn chance, we'll have this:
Every 100 maps we get 8 Harvests. Every harvest has 24a pilons.
If we would like to have the same number of harvests as pre-nerf, we'd need to divide the 120a by 8 = 15a --> which means that we would need to get a craft from at least 15 seeds out of the 24. We do not know at this stage the number of seeds that would yield crafts, other than that it would be lower...

% wise, 15/24*100 = 62.5%. So any number of seeds yielding a craft post nerf that is lower than 15 means that we'll get a smaller number of crafts than now, regardless of the 60% increase of spawn rate.

Subsequently, my question to GGG is... why not just nerf one (spawn rates) or the other (seeds generating crafts)?

Totally agree with you that saying a 60% increase makes it look better than saying 8% vs 5%....
"
Gumlass wrote:

Is GGG just pretending people are happy about this?

I accept that Harvest needs to change, but announcing "Harvest is being burnt to the ground" with out an accompanying "and here is how we are going to improve all the things that made you need Harvest" is pretty poor.

I really hope they just miscalculated badly, and thought they could just hold off until the 3.14 tease before telling us ...

But they should have anticipated (i.e. known) this was coming. How long has it been since Harvest league? After that league there were two camps of people - the add to core and don’t add to core. Some (most?) of the same arguments were made then. How many months did it take them to setup the current iteration of harvest? How is this change midstream a good sign? I almost feel like it was just to get numbers up for the current league tbh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info