Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"Action speaks louder than words."

Well, inaction speaks volumes, too.
I've seen a few responses in this thread, and on the ingame chat along the lines of "Gitgud! all content is doable with basic game knowledge and crap rares!" "any build can do ALL content, you just have to be good at the game." "you don't need high end gear to access endgame content."

Alright, bluff called. Play a non-meta build. Lets say....Flame wall. Never seen a single peep in chat asking for flame wall gear. Play flame wall on HC SSF as a Scion. No crafting allowed, no uniques allowed. Put your money where your mouth is and show me that you can do all endgame content based on your individual skill by only using dropped rares. I look forward to the youtube vids of you tanking the maven using only non crafted rares.

I played the harvest league, and although planting the gardens was a bit intimidating, I enjoyed the crap out of being able to re-roll jewels, maps, etc. almost infinitely. Like playing poker with house money, there's really no risk. That version of harvest obviously had to go. And it did. When they announced that harvest wasn't going core, every single one of my friends who played path quit. I understood the decision, and the necessity of it. They were too casual to want to play without it. So now I fly solo.

Despite having the luxury of unlimited dev time, because none of us really expected harvest to EVER come back, GGG decided to rush it out anyways in a half assed form. The crowds rejoiced and life was good again. Was it still too powerful? Eh, probably. Hard to tell when I only saw 3 groves the entire time I've played this league. They tell me it was powerful, so I'll believe them. But at 1-5 ex per high end craft (according to ingame chat), I don't think it's powerful enough for this type of nerf. I've got 8 ex right now. I've got probably another 3-4 ex worth of gear. (maybe) I doubt I'd be able to make a single mirror worthy item from scratch, even with harvest in it's current state. When I play, I PLAY. 3-15 hours per day. Depending on what I have going on. I'm not all that serious about it, but I enjoy doing it. I've gotten to Tier 15 maps, highest ever. Learning more about the proper way to set up a character. My non guide built character made it to 83 and doing tier 5-10 maps. She can't quite survive past that. The guy I sort of followed a guide on is doing pretty decent.

What I'm getting at, is even with playing a lot of hours pretty casually, I can't afford even a single "perfect" item. I see them going for 50-100 ex each. And I play a lot more than a good share of your player base does. If I wanted to make POE a job, I could probably be in that 1-5% Tier that Chris was talking about when he said something about slamming exalts. But If my puppy starts whining, I put down the controller and deal with him. Weekends? I work, so my xbox doesn't get turned on. 3 days a week my wife and I watch tv before she leaves for work. I've got life going on, and I just can't sink the kind of effort into POE that it probably deserves. And tell me why that should exclude me from ever being able to craft a single item to be proud of, or play a build all the way to the end that didn't come from a guide? Because you basically said as much with your "manifesto." (Not a great word, BTW. summons mental imagery of communists) You don't care about the middle ground of players. Super casuals won't feel the pinch because they don't play enough to ever see harvest. Wealthy won't feel the pinch because they have enough currency to just not care. the rest of us?? we'll feel it, and it will hurt.
... d2js-- I mean, Discord servers still required for Harvest?

LUL
"
hammypants wrote:
... d2js-- I mean, Discord servers still required for Harvest?

LUL

Inc ban
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
to be fair, discord is a dumb place. You need vouch to sell, but you start with zero vouch so that no one buy from you. No one buy from you so no vouch .

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
1 hour of my lifetime wasted reading this whinethread. Its like people dont even know that items are not the only thing making a character powerful.

There is the skilltree , the ascedancies , and cluster jewels. Cluster jewel crafting with harvest is not nerfed in any way ( except maybe less rerolls avaiable , but we have to see which ratio ggg is gonna use ).

Maybe GGG will throw some buffs to ascedancies again , or some skills.

There are currently a SHITTON of builds which work in the 5ex range , most of them just need a few cluster jewels / uniques to setup ( not even any of the so great rare influenced crafted items ) and they can do ALL content.

I crafted SEVERAL cluster jewels this league with harvest , some of them sold for over 20ex. All i needed was rerolls + keep prefix reroll suffix ( or keep suffix rerolls prefix depends on the jewel. ) Guess what? You can still do that! Craft some dope jewels sell em and buy your crafted rares even when they are 2x as expensive.

This Thread is basicly "GGG TOOK AWAY MY ABILITY TO DO SIRIUS A9 WITH MY SHITTY SPECTRAL SHIELD THROW BUILD IN UNDER A SECOND!" in a nutshell.

You're not fooling anyone. You didn't even read the thread.

And again, it's amazing how you got everything wrong, just like the other 5 pro harvest nuke people.
"
Shafirion wrote:
"
I've been having more fun reading these discussions than playing PoE.
And it's fun to see all the pent up frustration with GGG and PoE explode.
[Removed by Support]

GGG seems to be misunderstood by the developer's ego and enjoys causing pain to the average player.
I too would like to stop buying points and playing the next league and watch GGG suffer. ^ ^
We are PoE players, but not game addicts, so we can boycott support for GGG and playing PoE.
[Removed by Support]

Can someone please tell me an ARPG alternative to PoE that offers hack and slash and crafting?

That would be the consequent thing to do. I do believe however, that for a huge part of the player base there is too much addiction involved.

Try Last Epoch. It is currently in Early Access (beta). I have moven on to it. It's more slow paced and I have to admit, that is not only a good thing because the fast paced playstyle of PoE has something. Then again, that is to a large amount due to the fact, we got used to it.
I mean, what's the point of "boss fights", when mostly they are about "melting" the bosses in seconds? Last Epoch actually serves interesting boss mechanics that make for interesting fights without stupid and unfair stuff like off screen Die Beams or Memory Games.

Thank you!
I'll be gathering information to help me understand the Last Epoch game system.

Why did GGG delete the statement "GGG's Chris also loves hateful comments"?
I was just stating a fact, did you delete it because you wanted to cover up the bad image of GGG's Chris?

I've been playing in SSF mode since it was first introduced. In a 3 month limited league of course.
I love the sophisticated game system(Skill tree ALL IN ONE .etc) that is PoE, but I hate GGG for his arrogant and dictatorial behavior.
So I don't buy support packs and keep buying Stush Tabs to play the game comfortably.
However, I have not bought Stush Tabs for the new leagues (Blight .etc).
Because as soon as I bought the Stush Tab for the Delve league, which I love the most, they did all sorts of nerfs to Delve.
The return on the time I put into Delve was greatly diminished, so I stopped diving deep into my beloved Delve.

GGG's behavior and actions are similar to those of a low quality YouTube star who continues to exploit users' time by dropping shitty videos.
We pay a lot of time as well as money to GGG.
What GGG is asking for is contrary to the World Health Organization's warning against gaming addiction.
We are not slaves to GGG.

Do you also rub these comments out because it hurts GGG's image, or is it Chris from GGG who loves to read hateful comments?
In my opinion, the withdrawal of the Harvest is a mistake and a thoughtless approach ...
Harvest was supposed to counterbalance the game's inability to create.
The first time he played in a league of deterministic crating, he ridiculed the Empyrian - by organizing a party line in his garden ... and building hundreds of Horis.
The second time around, the introduction of harvest made trading on TFT Discord amused, and it is that many players trying to farm one item can break the barriers of the game.
It is not ordinary players who are to be punished with the inability to customize the game and items.
The situation goes back to the fact that only the richest and organized could afford to make great items.
History has come full circle again.
The same rich as orbs eternals have achieved their goals in the game - ordinary players will suffer the consequences.
Was that what Harvest was supposed to be?
I believe that the harvest was supposed to balance the opportunity between rich players and regular players.
My personal opinion is that harvest should not be removed from the game. It shouldn't be dead ...
Harvest should be strictly linked to the player's account, without the possibility of selling items with an expansion lock
Each player would be able to create their inventory on high-level maps, not being able to sell it or make it available until the end of the existing extension (except for a mirror copy that would be possible)
The seeds should be returned to increase the degree of difficulty.
This will limit the abuse and bulk creation of perfect items, but will not destroy the nature and sense of harvest.
Every craftsman will not buy crats, but he had to look for them, grow and fight in his own garden :))
The reward for your hard work will be the ability to create unusual items but with the help of hundreds of other people.
Chriss is not to harvest what the people are.
In my opinion, similar changes should go to Beastcrafting
- this game is supposed to be difficult, but it has to be possible !!! ... should return the nets and catch the best monsters on the maps - the same should apply to a limited extent also Delve the most rare fossils - should have a time delay - this will increase the difficulty but not prevent new avid players from creating and playing and loving the game.
This will limit abuse on the league and the standard will weaken the position of the richest and best organized players and guilds, giving the possibility of finding seeds in the party on maps, but breeding and crafting would only depend on one player to whom the map belonged :))
The level of difficulty and effort should be a reward for every player not only for the richest but also for the persistent ones. Don't take it back.
Restore rewards from Delve and Bestiary with item limitation to account and the applicable game evaluation extension. (I'm just talking about endgame and top fossils rewards from Delve and Beast or seeds)
This will force players to play the game, not live in a hideout. This should not restrict trading because time restrictions may have different grace periods for specific prizes.

If we really should nerf something that completely ruins the economy, lets talk about HH and Auspicious, Valdo, Harb farming. And guilds that will beast farm and abuse beast splitting to mass produce bases.
[/quote]

Guess what? Those nerfs are definitely coming!
Thanks for kicking me in the face.
Initial harvest was a FUN EXPERIENCE. Items could be adjusted to build needs. I can only imagine how fun it had to be for casual players or new players to be able to craft their items.

But ok.. you don't really care I guess :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info