Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

You know... if this is about the sheer disaster of TFT trading, and how broken that is, then why not network everyone's horticrafting stations, and let the crafts trade from station to station just like a regular trade? You could even put a harvest button on the trade interface, to bring your station up to select crafts. You could swap crafts for other crafts, or sell them for currency.

Breaking the harvest crafting system fundamentally, making it a sheer waste of time, is NOT the answer to the problem. Doing that will just create more, bigger problems, like a drastic drop in player base and income for the developers.

...Because you see, there is absolutely nothing worse you can do to players than giving them something they have wanted desperately for years, and then taking it away.

"You know what might be fun, let's go back to playing darts blindfolded!"

...Said nobody EVER.
Last edited by Obright on Mar 12, 2021, 3:39:11 AM
"
prankmaster wrote:
Is there a correlation between player retention and giving average players
ability to craft decent items ?

This is what boggles the mind, because build diversity and player retention this league seems much better.

They obviously do not care about that, or they are blind.

Lets me laugh so hard, over xx leagues they tried hard destroying the 1/2 character Meta, now we have a league with good build diversity they fuck one major driver of this : the possibility to craft gear even for non-meta gear.

But i assume they just sit in their ivory tower and thinking "wow, our recent skill adjustments made it finally" as the reason lmfao.

They are so decoupled from people ... the statement with the Exalt slam was proof and same time CRINGE TO EXTINCTION, i felt litereally embarrassed reading such a ridiculous statement.

Only way to make them feel is to think twice or more before buying any more support packs, the number of players on the servers they don´t really care as long as the $$$ comes in.

I myself won´t be part of their money making any more, too many brain dead decisions.
Everyone complaining but end up playing the game back when the introduce next league's challenge reward x)
aa
Last edited by Saquu on Jul 29, 2023, 11:16:01 PM
Hi, i would like to share my thoughts on this. Im new player to PoE, i have started with the Ritual League and never played before. I have had lot of more free time due to corona lockdowns so it was kind of no-life work/PoE for me. It took me some time to get into the game mechanics and i really enjoyed all, including the Harvest. I was assuming that the Harvest is a core mechanic that is in the game but finding all those threads made me wrong. Im bit sad that those huge nerfs are happening because after this League i wont have this amount of free time (hopefully corona situation gets better) but i would still like to play PoE. Harvest made it bit easier to get better gear for me and i think for lot of casual other players as well so they could enjoey the game instead of pure no-life farm/gamble. Please reconsider this decision. Thanks.
Terrible decision. The game finally went into a direction where every player was able to feel satisfied with gearing no matter how much time they invested, but now we're going back to playing builds that feel terrible to play unless you find/use broken mechanics or are willing to invest hundreds of hours per league grinding boring content for currency. Currency that you're going to spend on a trade site mind you, NOT on crafting items. No-one with half a brain will ever use an exalt or a chaos orb on "crafting", unless it's a guaranteed bench-craft. This is the most disappointing change to the game in recent memory and that is after the terrible disaster that was Heist league and some of the awful changes that have been made in the last couple of leagues. I wish I knew this was going to happen before I bought a supporter pack this league, but I guess I've learned my lesson.
Last edited by MichaelKnightro on Mar 12, 2021, 3:40:15 AM
"
JackOneilcz wrote:
Hi, i would like to share my thoughts on this. Im new player to PoE, i have started with the Ritual League and never played before. I have had lot of more free time due to corona lockdowns so it was kind of no-life work/PoE for me. It took me some time to get into the game mechanics and i really enjoyed all, including the Harvest. I was assuming that the Harvest is a core mechanic that is in the game but finding all those threads made me wrong. Im bit sad that those huge nerfs are happening because after this League i wont have this amount of free time (hopefully corona situation gets better) but i would still like to play PoE. Harvest made it bit easier to get better gear for me and i think for lot of casual other players as well so they could enjoey the game instead of pure no-life farm/gamble. Please reconsider this decision. Thanks.

Don't worry mate, the more you play the game, the better you become both in understanding the building process and the fight mechanics. You don't need perfect items to play the game and great items will still be available, I believe they will be even more common actually, considering Harvest will be 60% more frequent and high tier seeds being converted to crafts at a 1:1 ratio, as now.

The way Harvest was in 3.13 made the game trivial. It was never supposed to be trivial.
Last edited by Cuorion on Mar 12, 2021, 3:42:52 AM
Please don't listen to all these whiny bi**es. Totally agree with all upcoming changes. Harvest destroyed the game.
"
Cuorion wrote:
"
JackOneilcz wrote:

Don't worry mate, the more you play the game, the better you become both in understanding the building process and the fight mechanics. You don't need perfect items to play the game and great items will still be available, I believe they will be even more common actually, considering Harvest will be 60% more frequent and high tiet seeds being converted to crafts at a 1:1 ratio, as now.

The way Harvest was in 3.13 made the game trivial. It was never supposed to be trivial.

Ah yes, the 60% meme. Do you realise that it just raises the chance from 5% to 7-8%?
Ufff.. i really liked the more or less "save" progression of the gear with harvest. It made me come back to the league even after weeks... stil playing it currently for some hours a week.

With harvest its not like you play 40 hours and if you are unlucky you still have the same gear after the 40 hours playtime.

I think its a step in the wrong direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info