Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

After playing Storm Brand last league, I wanted to try it again this time around to see how far I can push it without broken harvest gear. I play on console so options when it comes to gear are limited, but I got insanely lucky. I think I've currently reached its potential and genuinely can't think of any upgrades other than insane crafts.

A few tips and tricks that helped me along the way:

- t1 explode + crit, curse chest paired with asenath gloves provide a much smoother clear than inpulsa + storms gift while adding a good amount of utility. The chest is a safe and cheap..ish craft thanks to harvest rerolls still being around. To upset the downside of asenath sucking vs bosses, I've crafted a pair of culling/unnerve gloves that I carry in my inventory and just slap on before sirus/maven or invitations. Luckily, this craft is safe too since other stats are irrelevant. Socket your hydro - aw hextouch - curse - curse setup in there and you'll be destroying everything.

- inspired learning is your biggest survivability boost in ultimatums

- contrary to Fyregrass' opinion, I find disorienting displays rather crucial. Blind is a strong defensive layer and due to our pretty high cast rate, you'll likely achieve 100% uptime

- withering step compliments SB beautifully and is a good way of easily buffing up your dodge through the increased elusive effect.

- cannot be hindered jewels are exceptional qol this league

All in all, SB remains the most fun and satisfying build I've played so far and this guide is exceptional in terms of getting you started the right way.

"
After playing Storm Brand last league, I wanted to try it again this time around to see how far I can push it without broken harvest gear. I play on console so options when it comes to gear are limited, but I got insanely lucky. I think I've currently reached its potential and genuinely can't think of any upgrades other than insane crafts.

- t1 explode + crit, curse chest paired with asenath gloves provide a much smoother clear than inpulsa + storms gift while adding a good amount of utility. The chest is a safe and cheap..ish craft thanks to harvest rerolls still being around. To upset the downside of asenath sucking vs bosses, I've crafted a pair of culling/unnerve gloves that I carry in my inventory and just slap on before sirus/maven or invitations. Luckily, this craft is safe too since other stats are irrelevant. Socket your hydro - aw hextouch - curse - curse setup in there and you'll be destroying everything.

- contrary to Fyregrass' opinion, I find disorienting displays rather crucial. Blind is a strong defensive layer and due to our pretty high cast rate, you'll likely achieve 100% uptime

- withering step compliments SB beautifully and is a good way of easily buffing up your dodge through the increased elusive effect.

All in all, SB remains the most fun and satisfying build I've played so far and this guide is exceptional in terms of getting you started the right way.

Would you mind to share your gloves? :D
"
Xyof wrote:
"

Would you mind to share your gloves? :D

Sure thing!
Hi guys,

I got to a point where I can clear T16 maps easily and kill bosses even easier.

However, like every human being, I am looking to improve even more, but I don't know where I can be improving, could you give me suggestions?

I know that the next big step in my build is to buy an HH, but before I spend 160ex I want to improve my other equipment as much as possible.

This is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/vz8TCbQe

Last edited by IkarusRDS on May 31, 2021, 1:16:36 AM
Finally hit a point where the only upgrade would be HH, which I don't really care even though I already have the currency for it.

https://pastebin.com/MK2q6dRR
12.5m dps per brand, 5.3k ehp, 11 Power/Frenzy charge

I use elegant jewel to allocate a notable to gain "10% Frenzy Charge on Hit", for more cast speed even though I lost 1.5m damage. Aiming for another PC would lower my damage since Precursor emblem is better for more dps.

Would probably consider playing this next league, thanks for the build.

P.S. Elegant jewel can still be upgraded if I can find the perfect notables for it.

Edit. Tested on PoB which is better, Vengeful or Prismatic, turns out Prismatic heart gives more damage + additional resistance.
Last edited by EarltheGreat on May 31, 2021, 9:46:57 PM
Which combination mods for craft double inf boots is good options?
"
Tahk90 wrote:
Which combination mods for craft double inf boots is good options?

Tailwind + onslaught allows you to block suffixes and either scour or harvest reforge then follow it up with Aisling and a bench craft.

Crafted a Explode/Curse/Spell body armour for the build.

Last edited by EarltheGreat on Jun 3, 2021, 2:36:50 AM
"
Crafted a Explode/Curse/Spell body armour for the build.

How did you craft this one? Maybe I shall give it a try to...
Is there an alternative way to get frenzy charge without using bloodrage or frenzy charge on kill ring ? I want some frenzy charge but I dont figure it out how to get them (blood rage stop my ES from regening)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info