Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Hi, guys, what are you thoughts about changing inpulsa to another body armour? Will it be a significant dps loss? After switching to asenath gloves I've seen that explosions became more consistent, and inpulsa doesn't really make much sense.
I'm thinking about switching to double-influenced hunter/crusader armor with spell crit, additional curse (to save basically 6 passive points on whispers of doom and stats, that i'll get from hh), and maybe elevated power charge damage mod.
https://youtu.be/HprjMR0MjF0

Clunky console gameplay aside, here's a quick showcase of how fast the min maxed version of the build clears content.
Last edited by Sabin C3112 on Jun 23, 2021, 8:44:50 AM
What an absolute beast of a guide.

I honestly think this is the best build/guide in the game.
I started with this build this league. Then went through 7 other builds and now i'm playing with this one again for fun.
It's literally so good and fun to play. If GGG nerfs this somehow im going to be salty af.

Good job on the guide, every single question that I could have ever had was answered. Amazing job really.
Can this build survive with fps drops or it needs to move 100 % of the time?
Tried this build since the league is going to end soon and i had some spare currency, im getting massivly wasted by guardian bosses etc. and im not sure if another 1000 ehp would help. I just take 4k+ damage before i can even use a pot

Did i forget something?
"
Shimazusan86 wrote:
Tried this build since the league is going to end soon and i had some spare currency, im getting massivly wasted by guardian bosses etc. and im not sure if another 1000 ehp would help. I just take 4k+ damage before i can even use a pot

Did i forget something?

Did you stop moving?my eHP at the end is 3.8k+1.8k..it survive everything except Atziri's ele reflect n Maven memory blast(coz i don't like playing her memory game)..Sirus conquerors, elder n shaper guardians are nothing to this build..can do Maven invitation; Hidden,Formed,Forgotten, Twisted easily..but never tried the Feared,coz that map to expansive to collect..
"
Shimazusan86 wrote:

Did i forget something?

Why are you taking staff nodes on tree?
Why aren't you exploding enemies?
Why aren't you blinding enemies with Disorienting Display?
Lone Inspired Learning sucks dicks outside of Ultimatum and those points can be redistributed better.
Your Watcher's Eye does mostly nothing.
Frenzy charges help with mobility and survival.
There's a ton of small tree improvements you can make.
Helmet doesn't have +1 power charge nor enchant.
Gloves will either be storm's gift which Fyre doesn't recommend anymore, Asenath's Gentle Touch or crafted cull/unnerve gloves.
Your gem setup can be optimised. Let alone corrupted for 21 or have alternate qualities. Or actually qual'd to 20.
You want Inpulsa or Vaal Regalia with Explode, Frenzy Charge on hit and crafted %Life as %ES for your armor.

A lot of stuff.
Last edited by Anackk on Jul 2, 2021, 2:26:53 PM
Hey Guys, I played a private league at the beginning of ultimatum and stopped quite quickly as I couldn't get gear I needed to progress and burned out.

I've just come back and levelled a new character today following the guide, the acts have been a blast with very high damage clear throughout, while I still do very good damage in maps I'm suddenly dying a hell of a lot more even in t1 maps, it feels like I must be missing something significant because even something as simple as blowing up a pack of porcupines can one shot me...

Would appreciate it if some more experienced players could take a look at the character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JuanLeg/characters (Sygg) and point out if I have completely missed something or whether I just need much better defence on my gear.
Just did a practice run through the acts and wanted to give my feedback
(all passives, trials, lab up to merc)
Time: 4:27 (I'm fairly confident I can shave off at least 15-20 min next time)

POB after A10 Kitava: https://pastebin.com/hEFRMn7c

Act 1-3: reasonably fast; damage slightly lacking at merveil due to pathing away from shadow area quickly, but 3L mine + 2L OOS was manageable

Switch to Spellslinger: found the single target lacking again up until I added storm brand into the slinger setup. Until then I supplemented the single target with a lightning spire trap which wasn't ideal either. Perhaps I'll just have to go a bit slower.
After adding in storm brand into slinger, it was smooth sailing. Also linked frenzy with hextouch + conductivity.

Alltogether a fairly smooth levelling experience, didn't have deaths outside of boss fights where I could just go into the arena again so that wasn't an issue.

Looking forward to starting mapping with this and see how it goes. Thanks for the guide!

Notes for my next run:
Grab divine judgement and lightning walker, don't need that much hp in the acts; go 4 spell slinger as early as possible - will still have enough mana to smoke mine.
Last edited by Sharve on Jul 9, 2021, 4:17:33 PM
Will be there a 3.15 build update after the patch notes? Thinking about league-starting with that.
Greetings!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info