Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
Kubelecer wrote:
Hey, I'm pretty far into the build, but I wonder where to go from here or if I have made some bad choices regarding my skilltree.

https://pastebin.com/FA29BfVG

I seem to struggle with ST damage somehow.

I didn't get a chance to look at your PoB but the biggest thing that helped me with single target on bosses and what have you - was taking Brand Recall off of left click for those encounters. This lets the brands stay on the boss and made a world of difference. Not sure if you have tried this or not but thought I'd type it out just in case.

Also from the guide using Militant Faith / Ephemeral Bond / Replica Soul Tether for bosses is recommended over other options.

Unfortunately choosing this build for this league was a big mistake of mine. The build is really fun to play, lots of explosions and a satisfying clearspeed, but this build is the perfect definition of "Glass Cannon".

Most builds allow you to make one mistake or another, but with that build it requires you to be perfect, one slip and you can be sure that you will die !

I spent approximately 20ex on this build and I hoped at least to be able to make T13 maps with ease, but no, I am dying with extreme ease, besides that it takes me a long time to kill the map bosses.

I understand that I am still Lv.88 and I still have several "holes" in my equipment and skill tree, I am afraid to invest more exalteds in this build and regret it more and more.

Someone willing to give me some tips on how I can be improving the damage and survival of my build? (without buying an HH for example)

Thank u guys !

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/cEsBWnz9
Last edited by IkarusRDS on May 22, 2021, 11:43:34 AM
"

Unfortunately choosing this build for this league was a big mistake of mine. The build is really fun to play, lots of explosions and a satisfying clearspeed, but this build is the perfect definition of "Glass Cannon".

Most builds allow you to make one mistake or another, but with that build it requires you to be perfect, one slip and you can be sure that you will die !

I spent approximately 20ex on this build and I hoped at least to be able to make T13 maps with ease, but no, I am dying with extreme ease, besides that it takes me a long time to kill the map bosses.

I understand that I am still Lv.88 and I still have several "holes" in my equipment and skill tree, I am afraid to invest more exalteds in this build and regret it more and more.

Someone willing to give me some tips on how I can be improving the damage and survival of my build? (without buying an HH for example)

Thank u guys !

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/cEsBWnz9

You can remove 2 points from your large clusters (12% lightning damage are irrevelant) and add a socket (near instability).

You should also get a cinder flask if you are doing the ultimatum. This will help a lot (make sure you have an hypnotic jewel with adds fire to spells).

Try to get 2x rings with lightning damage per power charge.

Also, make sure you upgraded your Lunaris pantheon.
"
Sumidian wrote:
"
Kubelecer wrote:
Hey, I'm pretty far into the build, but I wonder where to go from here or if I have made some bad choices regarding my skilltree.

https://pastebin.com/FA29BfVG

I seem to struggle with ST damage somehow.

I didn't get a chance to look at your PoB but the biggest thing that helped me with single target on bosses and what have you - was taking Brand Recall off of left click for those encounters. This lets the brands stay on the boss and made a world of difference. Not sure if you have tried this or not but thought I'd type it out just in case.

Also from the guide using Militant Faith / Ephemeral Bond / Replica Soul Tether for bosses is recommended over other options.

Thanks, I'm at basically pre HH stage, what I don't have currently are dmg rings and Bottled Faith. I'm saving up for either of those and don't know what to go for first, but if I get both rings, how do I get fire damage? Not sure if I can afford one crafted mod for fire damage. Was thinking maybe fire enchant on boots but that might take a while to farm.
Last edited by Kubelecer on May 22, 2021, 3:53:28 PM
"
Kubelecer wrote:
Thanks, I'm at basically pre HH stage, what I don't have currently are dmg rings and Bottled Faith. I'm saving up for either of those and don't know what to go for first, but if I get both rings, how do I get fire damage? Not sure if I can afford one crafted mod for fire damage. Was thinking maybe fire enchant on boots but that might take a while to farm.

I think this is what a lot of people use for the fire damage. This one has Resists, Phasing, and some Lightning Damage too.
Idk i have been scared of this build for a couple leagues, finally tried it and holy shit its gorgeous. I think i found the one, and i pray for the clusters to keep like this next league LOL
Also the progress guide? AMAZING <3
"
Sumidian wrote:
"
Kubelecer wrote:

I think this is what a lot of people use for the fire damage. This one has Resists, Phasing, and some Lightning Damage too.

Do you even need a fire jewel? Wave of conviction casts fire and has the crit rate boosted by your 10ish power charges.
I'm loving the build so far but I do get that squishy aspect but trying to stack more HP now to compensate for that.

I'm on the corrupted soul part of the build and looking to transition by slowly getting the parts needed. I don't know if I'm missing something or not but my currency farming is pretty slow and inefficient.

Anyway I'm hoping some people can help with the helmet crafting aspect. The instructions are clear until I reach the warlord helmet section. I believe it was point 4.

Is the instruction saying that I have to find a 'warlord' influence with only 1 warlord influenced stat? And not having any 'of conquest' stat on top of it as this is also warlord influenced or just not having 2 stats specifically saying 'of warlord'.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first playthrough.
"
I'm loving the build so far but I do get that squishy aspect but trying to stack more HP now to compensate for that.

I'm on the corrupted soul part of the build and looking to transition by slowly getting the parts needed. I don't know if I'm missing something or not but my currency farming is pretty slow and inefficient.

Anyway I'm hoping some people can help with the helmet crafting aspect. The instructions are clear until I reach the warlord helmet section. I believe it was point 4.

Is the instruction saying that I have to find a 'warlord' influence with only 1 warlord influenced stat? And not having any 'of conquest' stat on top of it as this is also warlord influenced or just not having 2 stats specifically saying 'of warlord'.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first playthrough.

Yeah - so the key part is only one modifier that is Warlord influenced. Otherwise the Awakener Orb will choose between the additional ones, and its a risk. In this case the of Conquest is also a Warlord influenced modifier. So just to be aware of that when looking for helmets. Hope this helps.
I just wanted to say this is the funnest build I’ve ever played! I’m pretty depressed with the changes GGG made this league. With me becoming a casual player there’s things I won’t be able to do/complete such as reaching 12 power charges(unless I play standard only - but where’s the fun in that?). My wife wouldn’t understand my rant so thanks anyone who reads this lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info