Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
arcg97 wrote:
for those who are farming the mid gear you can craft the 2 large cluster for ~1.5 ex (each one is ~1.5 ex in trade) buying the cluster 8 passives ilvl 49 or less (~ 30c) and spamming some alteration + augmentation + regal. 1.5 ex for this cluster is ridiculously expensive

Thanks for tip, just made my own Grand Design/Brand loyalty and Doryani/storm drinker cluster for dirt cheap.

Also made some other nice jewels in the process up for sale now ^^ :)

Big money in cluster crafting it seems!!!

And wow... the DPS boost is insane, shouldnt these clusters be higher priority?
Last edited by Nevzat on Apr 25, 2021, 7:22:07 PM
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
I see that Asenath setup is the new thing to go but would you recommend using a unnerve/cull cluster jewel to go with Asenath since Asenath has built in blind?

How are the explosions compared to Inpulsa? I know that you get better chain explosions with Asenaths, but the explosions also hit for a lot less damage since it's 3% physical damage instead of 5% lightning damage (which also gets scaled by our lightning damage nodes and Wrath) from Inpulsa?

Just wanted to know if you think those explosions are sufficient for content where mob hp scales pretty high like juiced up delirium maps?

I’ll try to address more questions over the next few days. To give an update on this however, I’m presently not sure where we take the build from here.

I switched to Asenath’s on stream, it seemed fine, but yesterday off stream I did more testing between it and Inpulsa and I decided Asenath explosions were too weak for Inscribed Ultimatums and juiced maps.

Eventually I swapped to running both at once for 8% explosions and it feels really nice, but at this point we have drastically different mapping and bossing set ups and I’m not sure where to draw the line for having a well balanced all rounder.

Running Asenath’s and Inpulsa at the same time also makes it near impossible to run the second power charge ring. Additionally we have a leech problem, min maxed clusters don’t have life leech and alt quality blood rage is bugged and should NOT provide us leech and so we can’t run it without risking a ban (I have reported the issue for now).

So far I’m using 3x reduced mana reservation + life + crit multi jewels with level 4 enlighten to fit high level vitality into the build. We still need to swap to Ephemeral Bond for bosses.

If anyone has any suggestions here I’d be open to them, but until I have more clarity on the issue I’m going to leave the guide as is. I will test various set ups further on stream over the coming week and make an update at a later time when I feel more confident about one particular approach to this.
I replaced the 3 grand spectrums with Crit chance/Crit multiplier and life %... DPS seems comparable and 7% life per node really adds up. Is there a reason they are in the build and the jewels cost like 10 chaos each... gives us massive survivability so i'm a little confused at the pure glass cannon POB warrior approach. Should definitely tailor build to be a bit more tanky imho for pure QOL reasons alone.

Like agnerod staff should be replaced asap imho, void batteries are fairly cheap at 1.5 ex each compared to a single cluster jewel costing that, and it frees up passive slots (staff ones) that we can use for HP for example. They are such a huge upgrade they should not (imho) be bought once we have 20 ex of gear

Why is a relatively cheap item way below replica soul tether for example that costs like 4 exalts? That is a LOOOONG time to grind as a glass cannon mom before you can finally respec out, and then the cost to respec into the cluster version is insane.

Soul tether gives ok survivability compared to having 3k hp sure... but it wasn't a night and day difference compared to the void batteries. Going for a mom approach imho just doesnt work for this build especially when no mitigation is involved, we only use two auras, a lack of hp nodes in the tree, a lack of hp in our amulet slot, weapons, rings etc... we are gimped for far too long.

Upgrade order imho should be:

Agnerod
Impulsas
Helmet
One holy conquest jewel
Armor jewel
Void Batteries
Cluster jewels and Life/Crit Jewels
Replica soul tether

and i'd skip the Mom phase if i played this again, and would just put points into hp/surviability, slightly slower clear is well worth the tradeoff of not having 3k hp for a week of league launch imho.

I'm finally at a point where i am tackling T16 content, but my god, the struggle to get here was insane.

Again, i'd recommend for Fyre to test a version out with call of brotherhoods, es leech and hypothermia in the 6 link set up. Clusters can stay as they are, maybe snowstorm added in etc and see how you find it at least early/mid game. Can even use +1 int gems amulet, +3 wand and shield also for some nice DPS boosts and they are dirt cheap to buy.
Last edited by Nevzat on Apr 25, 2021, 8:38:51 PM
Loving the build so far. Been playing since betrayal and this is maybe my 20th or so build so im by no means an expert but this is absolutely my favorite so far. There's such a great combination of mobility/map clear/bossing damage that it's making the game even more addicting than usual to play lol. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this Fyregrass! It is VERY much appreciated.

With that being said tho, how do you feel about throwing in an inspired learning? I'm currently only at the lvl 85 enduring composure version of the build but i feel like it would be amazing with how many rares pop up during ultimatums
"
Fyregrass wrote:
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
I see that Asenath setup is the new thing to go but would you recommend using a unnerve/cull cluster jewel to go with Asenath since Asenath has built in blind?

How are the explosions compared to Inpulsa? I know that you get better chain explosions with Asenaths, but the explosions also hit for a lot less damage since it's 3% physical damage instead of 5% lightning damage (which also gets scaled by our lightning damage nodes and Wrath) from Inpulsa?

Just wanted to know if you think those explosions are sufficient for content where mob hp scales pretty high like juiced up delirium maps?

I’ll try to address more questions over the next few days. To give an update on this however, I’m presently not sure where we take the build from here.

I switched to Asenath’s on stream, it seemed fine, but yesterday off stream I did more testing between it and Inpulsa and I decided Asenath explosions were too weak for Inscribed Ultimatums and juiced maps.

Eventually I swapped to running both at once for 8% explosions and it feels really nice, but at this point we have drastically different mapping and bossing set ups and I’m not sure where to draw the line for having a well balanced all rounder.

Running Asenath’s and Inpulsa at the same time also makes it near impossible to run the second power charge ring. Additionally we have a leech problem, min maxed clusters don’t have life leech and alt quality blood rage is bugged and should NOT provide us leech and so we can’t run it without risking a ban (I have reported the issue for now).

So far I’m using 3x reduced mana reservation + life + crit multi jewels with level 4 enlighten to fit high level vitality into the build. We still need to swap to Ephemeral Bond for bosses.

If anyone has any suggestions here I’d be open to them, but until I have more clarity on the issue I’m going to leave the guide as is. I will test various set ups further on stream over the coming week and make an update at a later time when I feel more confident about one particular approach to this.

I appreciate you testing that, glad to know that there is a difference before I decided to swap over to Asenaths.
I don't believe in survival at all in this build. In fact, my survival is based on a powerful offense, very powerful and with a lot of control.

I share my variation. I'll take it to at least lvl 95/97 :)

I LOVE Storm Brand!

For anyone on console stuck in limbo between Agnerod and Void Batteries due to their high cost (only 2 for sale the last few days between 6-8ex each), I have a suggestion for a big DPS boost (I took the build to 100 last league).

This build is all about scaling damage with power charges, and swapping your Agnerod for two Storm Prison wands (1c each currently) does wonders. I asked Fyre about this on stream and he said he suggested Agnerod originally with league starting quickly with a cheap 6L in mind, but people had theory crafted between the two setups before. He said he would test them for next league. Think of them as budget Void Batteries.

You only make one minor change to your tree (MoM POB), which is losing the four staff damage nodes on the left side and moving them elsewhere (I put them in the elemental damage nodes near the left side/middle jewel socket up to Divine Judgement).

I picked up a level 75 warlord helmet with +1 to power charges for 40c and now sit at 10 power charges using only a 5L Inpulsa and the damage is big for the investment.
Last edited by TwoTime9394 on Apr 25, 2021, 10:48:39 PM
"
jcosovnikar wrote:
I don't believe in survival at all in this build. In fact, my survival is based on a powerful offense, very powerful and with a lot of control.

I LOVE Storm Brand!

Can you post a youtube video of how it plays? interested to see assassin using hypothermia set up. I suggested it to Fyre but i think he likes pure lighting :)
"
Nevzat wrote:
"
jcosovnikar wrote:

I LOVE Storm Brand!

Can you post a youtube video of how it plays? interested to see assassin using hypothermia set up. I suggested it to Fyre but i think he likes pure lighting :)

Of course! today I make some video mapping and I show you! The truth is that it fascinates me. And it's my first time with such a glass cannon build.

I'm thinking of doing an Occultist and trying the variation I saw of Velyna's, Low Life. But for now, nahhh: D
"
Nevzat wrote:
"
jcosovnikar wrote:

I LOVE Storm Brand!

You could watch a vod of pathofmatth on twitch. He played this setup 2 days ago. Very rippy but big damage and nice explosions. Would not recommend without "cast on death"+"portal" setup. :)
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info