Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
Laere wrote:
Right now I am at 3.1m per brand, and was looking to get a bottled faith. However POB shows me replacing my diamond flask with bottle faith is a big dps loss, do I have to check extra stuff off in POB at all? It's even showing a DPS loss over atziri's promise too. Confused a little bit here.

Yep you do, make sure to check the "Is the enemy on Consecrate Ground?" box in the configuration tab when you use a Bottled Faith. For my own PoB, using a Bottled Faith over a Diamond flask is around a 13% DPS boost.

"
maybe gotta check the consecrated ground stuff

man just crafted the helmet and now im stuck at a 6 affix helmet with 3 shit mods, should i yoloannul it? lol

You could try using the "Reforge rare, keeping Prefixes" Harvest craft, but it's pretty expensive per try (1ex each). But getting 1/2 suffixes does have a higher weighting than 3 suffixes, so it shouldn't take more than 1-2 attempts. At that point you can either craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and scour, or if you got lucky with a nice suffix or two, just craft the last suffix instead.
Last edited by sabermetrics on Apr 25, 2021, 12:14:19 PM
I do check the Consecrated Ground box and my DPS doesn't change, that's what is weird.
Last edited by Laere on Apr 25, 2021, 12:24:28 PM
I see that Asenath setup is the new thing to go but would you recommend using a unnerve/cull cluster jewel to go with Asenath since Asenath has built in blind?
"
Laere wrote:
I do check the Consecrated Ground box and my DPS doesn't change, that's what is weird.

Hmm, I imported your character into PoB and these are the numbers I'm getting:

Diamond Flask

Bottled Faith

For me, I see an increase from 3.2m to 3.5m dps per brand with an average rolled Bottled Faith.
"
nakieon wrote:
I see that Asenath setup is the new thing to go but would you recommend using a unnerve/cull cluster jewel to go with Asenath since Asenath has built in blind?

How are the explosions compared to Inpulsa? I know that you get better chain explosions with Asenaths, but the explosions also hit for a lot less damage since it's 3% physical damage instead of 5% lightning damage (which also gets scaled by our lightning damage nodes and Wrath) from Inpulsa?

Just wanted to know if you think those explosions are sufficient for content where mob hp scales pretty high like juiced up delirium maps?
Last edited by sabermetrics on Apr 25, 2021, 12:42:25 PM
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:

How are the explosions compared to Inpulsa? I know that you get better chain explosions with Asenaths, but the explosions also hit for a lot less damage since it's 3% physical damage instead of 5% lightning damage (which also gets scaled by our lightning damage nodes and Wrath) from Inpulsa?

Just wanted to know if you think those explosions are sufficient for content where mob hp scales pretty high like juiced up delirium maps?

Not sure about juiced up delirum maps but it feels much much smoother than Inpulsa's unless you use Storm Gift imo. But con of storm gift is you get less life/hp/res cuz of the glove slot. Also you get more ehp from Asenath setup because it opens up the chest slot to be a 6L rare item with life/res/gain% hp as es. I'm not really that greatly geared but I'm still at 4173 life 2951 es with this so survivability is good.

Inpulsa's felt bad in avoid elemental ailment maps. On the other hand Asenath doesn't work on hexproof maps unless you run some awakened hextouch thing which still won't really work because you kill faster than it'll apply curses typically
"
nakieon wrote:
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:

Not sure about juiced up delirum maps but it feels much much smoother than Inpulsa's unless you use Storm Gift imo. But con of storm gift is you get less life/hp/res cuz of the glove slot. Also you get more ehp from Asenath setup because it opens up the chest slot to be a 6L rare item with life/res/gain% hp as es. I'm not really that greatly geared but I'm still at 4173 life 2951 es with this so survivability is good.

Inpulsa's felt bad in avoid elemental ailment maps. On the other hand Asenath doesn't work on hexproof maps unless you run some awakened hextouch thing which still won't really work because you kill faster than it'll apply curses typically

Yea, it feels a bit more like a side-grade rather than a direct upgrade since you're gaining some eHP but losing out on explosion damage, which is why I'm still debating whether to swap over or not. It does also allow you to use a Badge, but I'm also skeptical about how much better it actually is vs an Ephemeral Bond. Guess I'll see wait and see if Fyregrass is still tinkering with the build, before I make a decision. Thanks for the reply!
Last edited by sabermetrics on Apr 25, 2021, 1:18:11 PM
For people that are wondering about 80%-100% delirium maps. I ran with asenath on those maps and it felt great tbh granted my gear is quite decent. But the explosions are enough to deal with that content as well.

I am trying to craft a better chest for dmg but so far I have been unlucky with awakener orb slams that botch my crafts.
for those who are farming the mid gear you can craft the 2 large cluster for ~1.5 ex (each one is ~1.5 ex in trade) buying the cluster 8 passives ilvl 49 or less (~ 30c) and spamming some alteration + augmentation + regal. 1.5 ex for this cluster is ridiculously expensive
"
maybe gotta check the consecrated ground stuff

man just crafted the helmet and now im stuck at a 6 affix helmet with 3 shit mods, should i yoloannul it? lol

nowadays yolo annul is the only option, thanks GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info