[3.16 Updated Check Witch Forum]N1 Dominating Blow Life 9 Auras

Any thoughts on whether this survived the aura changes? It seems like HoP is going to reserve WAY more mana with the new system compared to the old one. By my calculations we'd probably have to drop at least 2 auras now (probably just both purities).
"
SplicerX wrote:
Any thoughts on whether this survived the aura changes? It seems like HoP is going to reserve WAY more mana with the new system compared to the old one. By my calculations we'd probably have to drop at least 2 auras now (probably just both purities).

Saw the changes and i gotta say reading all that wall of text i am dissapointed.Most probably yeah the build is dead but they did not gave proper examples at least for me to understand with numbers how the aura changes will affect reservation.

I wont bother invest hundreds of hours.Personally yeah ok changes seems good for the game but as an old player playing poe from 2014 i wont to see numbers going up instead of every league forward nerfing w/e build i go

I will play the league for a day probably thats what it takes me to reach around level 80-90 just to check the league mechanic and then drop it unless the challenges are kinda interesting and not the same shit

See ya in PoE2 probably
Last edited by quodlike on Oct 8, 2021, 5:45:57 AM
I wouldn't give up yet! I had planned to roll your build next season so I spent a lot of time seeing if it's OK with the changes. I think I may have a version which is actually much more tanky than your original and similar DPS. From my math we still have ~12% free mana after the changes.

The increase in tankiness comes from dropping Glancing Blows and going ~75/65 block/spell block with much higher phys mit. I don't have a PoB worked up yet, but below is the gist of it. Let me know what you think.

Overall changes:
Takes ~25-30% more damage from cold+fire
Loses arctic armour
Takes ~65% less damage from attacks, probably 50-60% less from spells
Takes much less physical damage from armour and determination changes +3 endurance charges
Gains Vaal Molten Shell

Details:
Drop both purities
Arctic Armour->Tempest shield (assuming it has good spell block bonus they talked about)
Shaper shield reduced reservation -> Shaper spell block (12%, probably higher after changes)
Basalt->Rumi's
Purity of Fire Cluster -> block notable that gives 6% block chance and Endurance Charge on block
If new spell block wheel is good+convenient, dropping some life nodes and using them + the one saved from dropping GB to get close to 75% spell block

The gutting of Purity Reservation on the Guilt rings means they aren't mandatory now. I am dropping one of them for an Awakened unset ring w/ 25% minion damage and 20 LoH.

Realistically I lose ~70% increased HoP damage (probably ~10% actual total DPS loss, since 25% minion buffs HoP and Dom blow) but gain:
Watcher's eye mod (no LoH vit needed)
2 gem slots (unset ring and vitality can be dropped)
Life
Resists (helps with purity res losses)

Dropping a purity from the shield and changing the ring nets 3 gem slots for: Vaal Molten Shell+Increased Duration and Divergent Flesh Offering (more than makes up for dropping one Guilt ring). Inc duration->desecrate for bosses.

Watcher's eye LoH mod is freed up to be changed to: Determination grants 8% chance to block

Seems better overall than in 3.15? What do you think?
"
SplicerX wrote:
I wouldn't give up yet! I had planned to roll your build next season so I spent a lot of time seeing if it's OK with the changes. I think I may have a version which is actually much more tanky than your original and similar DPS. From my math we still have ~12% free mana after the changes.

The increase in tankiness comes from dropping Glancing Blows and going ~75/65 block/spell block with much higher phys mit. I don't have a PoB worked up yet, but below is the gist of it. Let me know what you think.

Overall changes:
Loses arctic armour
Takes much less physical damage from armour and determination changes +3 endurance charges
Gains Vaal Molten Shell

Details:
Drop both purities
Arctic Armour->Tempest shield (assuming it has good spell block bonus they talked about)
Shaper shield reduced reservation -> Shaper spell block (12%, probably higher after changes)
Basalt->Rumi's
Purity of Fire Cluster -> block notable that gives 6% block chance and Endurance Charge on block
If new spell block wheel is good+convenient, dropping some life nodes and using them + the one saved from dropping GB to get close to 75% spell block

The gutting of Purity Reservation on the Guilt rings means they aren't mandatory now. I am dropping one of them for an Awakened unset ring w/ 25% minion damage and 20 LoH.

Realistically I lose ~70% increased HoP damage (probably ~10% actual total DPS loss, since 25% minion buffs HoP and Dom blow) but gain:
Life

Dropping a purity from the shield and changing the ring nets 3 gem slots for: Vaal Molten Shell+Increased Duration and Divergent Flesh Offering (more than makes up for dropping one Guilt ring). Inc duration->desecrate for bosses.

Watcher's eye LoH mod is freed up to be changed to: Determination grants 8% chance to block

I think yeah there is potential as you describe it. I though a lot of things also got some interesting ideas but they are very time consuming and unfortunately the problem with the build at the moment is at the dps not on its defences so much.

At 3.15 the build was cut in half literally from 40million max output to 20million max output and i saw somewhere that HoP minion life is nerfed 40% thats just sad realy.
In 3.14 i was destroying Maven deathless in 3.15 with same gear i was not able to kill her unfortunately and thats also realy sad.
At the end i rolled FR totems and did everything

Necro DB with ice conversion performs realy good with a lot less investment
"
quodlike wrote:
"
SplicerX wrote:

Overall changes:
Loses arctic armour
Gains Vaal Molten Shell

Details:
Drop both purities
Basalt->Rumi's

Life

I think yeah there is potential as you describe it. I though a lot of things also got some interesting ideas but they are very time consuming and unfortunately the problem with the build at the moment is at the dps not on its defences so much.

At 3.15 the build was cut in half literally from 40million max output to 20million max output and i saw somewhere that HoP minion life is nerfed 40% thats just sad realy.
In 3.14 i was destroying Maven deathless in 3.15 with same gear i was not able to kill her unfortunately and thats also realy sad.
At the end i rolled FR totems and did everything

Necro DB with ice conversion performs realy good with a lot less investment

I'm guessing Necro DB is much less tanky though? Anyway I think I'll try sticking it out with your build and keep tinkering.

I'll post here if I end up with something still maven-viable. 20 million DPS should be plenty if I can get the tankiness up high enough.
asd
Last edited by pBauzi on Oct 9, 2021, 2:58:06 AM
Necro DB with ice conversion probably won't be much better now since it lost EE...

It also might be affected a bit bu this auras changes since high level version was based around aura clasters for hatred.
"
Necro DB with ice conversion probably won't be much better now since it lost EE...

It also might be affected a bit bu this auras changes since high level version was based around aura clasters for hatred.

Necro DB dead for bosses DPS cut in half the ice conversion one
Last edited by quodlike on Oct 9, 2021, 5:05:43 PM
"
quodlike wrote:
"

As far as I remember I was able to make something around 14m sdps with necro and around 10m sds with guardian, but it was my own tries based on different guide (unfortunately i found your guide only now :D ).

How much sdp you was able to achieve with guardian ?
"
"
quodlike wrote:
"

As far as I remember I was able to make something around 14m sdps with necro and around 10m sds with guardian, but it was my own tries based on different guide (unfortunately i found your guide only now :D ).

How much sdp you was able to achieve with guardian ?

If we talking 3.14 it was max output 40+ million plus but thats if you got everything up maybe a little bit more

3.15 was cut in half from the gem changes

Some people say 20 million is enough but for Dom Blow you gotta concider you gotta spawn the minions and assuming they all up and attacking the do this much damage.

For hard endgame maping is fine but if we talking Maven Arena the Feared or Maven the damage is not enough cause you gotta survive for longer in the arenas to kill the bosses

Last edited by quodlike on Oct 10, 2021, 4:42:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info