⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
KenjiSekai wrote:
"
monik390 wrote:
"
KenjiSekai wrote:
If anyone has the time could they take a look at my build so far and offer some suggestions.

I noticed in a previous post the change to cyclone, does this maintain as many stacks as two storm brands?

Another thing I noticed was the unbound ailments on spiders which I think I will try out if I can afford the gem.

Since you are using the default and a bit outdated version with memory vault/iron reflexes, wait for Chromino to wrap things up about gear.

Cyclone is exclusively mapping skill, switched for storm burst for bosses on 4-link of endgame gloves - Triad Grip with 4 white sockets:

Cyclone/Storm Burst - Awakened cast while channeling - Chance to Poison - Ball lightning.

Unbound Ailments is a lot stronger than minion damage support for spiders, also it offers better uptime of those.

P.s. Are you using Orb of Storms in gloves on bosses too? It can't get you maximum virulence on a single target.

The build is using Ball Lightning by default. And your gloves are literally made for Ball Lightning.
You can't replace it with anything besides a storm burst, which is a bossing skill exclusively.

P.s.s. Ignoring molten shell in the build which benefits it the most isn't a good choice. You miss a lot damage mitigation here.

Wow thanks for the quick reply. That was super helpful.

I think I will drop clarity for vaal molten shell.

I will swap out minion damage for unbound ailments.

I have been using orb of storms plus two storm brands for bossing. Going to check out stormburst.

Swapped to ball of lightning. No idea why I thought orb or storms was the right skill. So much better stacking

Hi KenjiSekai,

yes, it's like monik390 writes, you need to max virulences with castspeed ball-lightnings or attackspeed cyclone and 80-100% chance to poison. In maps it's no problem to get full 60, but singletarget you need to optimize generating them.

The best set-ups are shown in the spoiler "gear, skills, links" just at the top section gloves like additional chances to poison. Most easy are ball-lightnings to max 60 virulences

Molten shell and back-up vaal molten shell is central for defences with 70% damagereductions. You can buff it with integrated increased duration on rare boots for more effective uptime.

You should switch in on a flask the suffix "anti-bleeding immunities" (instead added ar or anti-freezes) or bleeding can kill you fast.
Very nice gear!
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 2, 2021, 9:31:10 AM
for an alternate quality gem...is anomalous or divergent better for chance to poison at max rank
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
for an alternate quality gem...is anomalous or divergent better for chance to poison at max rank

Neither makes any difference. Duration and damage of poisons inflicted by us is not important. Only that we inflict a poison (so that we get virulence stacks).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
sakuramoo wrote:
Hey so I've been working on this build for the last week or so after switching from aura bot and I'm just wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers where I should go from what I got so far.
I play Hardcore so items are a lot harder to get or almost impossible to get sadly.
I had to self craft a lot of it including chest,ring,amulet,belt ect
I have an empower that's almost level 3 I'll switch the added fire damage for, I still need higher Ilvl flasks ect just trying to find the best ways to tweak it to not die xD
I'm running T16s but havent tried sirus or and shaper guardians ect yet.
I'd like to push to 100 if I had time / don't die xD

not sure if im allowed to post my poe ninja or just look at my profile ( oldmandoesthethings )
would appreciate any feed back <3

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/sakuramoo/OldManDoesTheThings?i=4&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

Hi sakuramoo!

Congratulations to hard nice sweet 96! That is a thrilling path and journey.

On page 50 is also a spoiler about hardcore in former leagues - with some alternatives for 100% ailment immunities and high es. Your gear is looking great for the hc-league. I am myself not experienced in hc, so don't take my thoughts tooooo strict:

- you have desecrate levelled to 20 - in 3.16 it's a bit bugged I guess and take some of the own es. I would level it with gemcutter orb to solely imited lvl 1, quality 20.

- Memory vault is in 3.16 only nice when you stack armour like you do with belt, defiance banner etc. When you have mana-problems, a rare helmet (or eber's unification) is much better for reservation efficiencies.

- do you generate full 55 virulences? When not take more poisonchance with serpentine spellslinger

Arachnophilia! Congratulations again for strong 96!
"
Hi sakuramoo!

Congratulations to hard nice sweet 96! That is a thrilling path and journey.

On page 50 is also a spoiler about hardcore in former leagues - with some alternatives for 100% ailment immunities and high es. Your gear is looking great for the hc-league. I am myself not experienced in hc, so don't take my thoughts tooooo strict:

- you have desecrate levelled to 20 - in 3.16 it's a bit bugged I guess and take some of the own es. I would level it with gemcutter orb to solely imited lvl 1, quality 20.

- Memory vault is in 3.16 only nice when you stack armour like you do with belt, defiance banner etc. When you have mana-problems, a rare helmet (or eber's unification) is much better for reservation efficiencies.

- do you generate full 55 virulences? When not take more poisonchance with serpentine spellslinger

Arachnophilia! Congratulations again for strong 96!

The struggle is real! xD

Thank you for the feedback! I will get a level 1 desecrate 20% right away

when I map I usually sit at 55 stacks but on some bosses it struggles to get the 55 - I was thinking either switching to a stormbrand + ball lightning set up or get a point or 2 into the serpentine nodes ( im currently only 70% chance to poison on hit )

points are fairly tight on getting certain things vs getting more ES/armour haha I'll look around that HC section you have when I Get home then get back to grinding the level haha thanks again

Edit** Also how do I find out what my spider / hoa damage is in pob? was looking through the guide and might have missed it, I want to keep track of my damage to see how to make it better as I go but im too stupid to figure it out on POB lol
Last edited by sakuramoo on Dec 2, 2021, 7:45:23 PM
so, i spin faster than my BL's move lol

happy where my character is at, just slow go with grinding experience
Hi,
first of all thank you so much i have so much fun this build even my lv is still low but still have long ways to go

but i'm a kind of new on this game don't have much knowledge and skill on cal if you free give me some advice what i need to go next right now is feel lacking damage

this is my char : https://pastebin.com/pHmPbaPW
Last edited by amekia01 on Dec 3, 2021, 11:26:20 AM
Meanwhile, Nemesis 3 map: https://youtu.be/9qjxA65uUl0

I refunded 1 passive point to fit both Awakened Chain and Awakened Fork, just to test the clear.
Yes, the damage is lower a lot, but it offscreens well.

And nem3 I just busted currency making strat, ugh.

I invested 620c in 4 runs (besides watchstones, they are about 1ex each one-time investment), and got ~1850c in return. 8ex profit in 4 maps, eh...
Last edited by monik390 on Dec 3, 2021, 5:50:19 PM
did my first simulacrum. got 29/30...was actually a lot of fun and didn't expect to get that far on my first one ever

got excited when a megalomaniac dropped, but the passives arent good for this build :(
"
monik390 wrote:
Meanwhile, Nemesis 3 map: https://youtu.be/9qjxA65uUl0

I refunded 1 passive point to fit both Awakened Chain and Awakened Fork, just to test the clear.
Yes, the damage is lower a lot, but it offscreens well.

And nem3 I just busted currency making strat, ugh.

I invested 620c in 4 runs (besides watchstones, they are about 1ex each one-time investment), and got ~1850c in return. 8ex profit in 4 maps, eh...

I'm wondering why you not get so hard it's. I get sometimes instandtly 7-9k dmg hits or dots without a chance to react

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info