⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

I've tested a little bit with Awakened Fork this morning and its been extremely good so far. I am liking the spiders less and less because not only are the summoning mechanics really awkward, but their damage becomes less and less useful the deeper you go in delve (I'm almost at depth 400 - I think I'm the deepest HoAg guardian in softcore trade right now!). It's also just awkward trying to summon them in boss arenas with a lot of hazards or where you need to move around like Sirus.

So I'm trying to come up with a no-spider variant, and am working out a few interesting bits:
1. You get to use CIP dagger instead, which is 40% more damage on your crawler.
2. You lose easy access to wither from spiders which is big for boss damage.
2.b. BUT you gain 3 gem slots, so could potentially use a wither totem setup for bosses?
3. You lose having 4 neaby minions, so your crawler loses onslaught
3.b. BUT this is only about a 5% dps loss on my PoB, and you could potentially use the extra gem slots to fix this if you really want onslaught yourself (CWS/CWDT with Summon Skeletons?)

Very interested in if anyone else has any experience with ditching spiders - maybe we can work out a new variant to go into chromino's PoB which will confuse beginners even further haha
"
dapake wrote:
Thanks Chromino and Monik390 for different suggestions!

I will definitely raise my evasion in order to get the best out of Ghost dance.
Other than that I will run some tests to decide which enchant to get to maximize the diminishing returns from the current RMR, maybe determination or grace are better than crawler because we already have rings. Plus all the easy improvements that were stated will improve QoL a bit.

Stay sane exiles!

Approved by me. Both ghost dance and high evasion are good. Just keep in mind 3% of total evasion to calculate how much GD will recover.

I got an interest in different enchants and made a quick test, however Hoag is still the best here. But I found an interesting thing that I can put off 1 ring and I still have enough mana left to cast smth.

Although my ring still gives about ~8-10% of damage, I can consider other options, like hungry loop or smth else.

P.s. I also strongly recommend using Soul Thief enchant. It's cheap (1 red, 1 opalescent) and insanely good.
Last edited by monik390 on Oct 31, 2021, 1:15:21 PM
*** 500 k / 0.5 M views - I never believed that the build would create so much interests! That is a new level of big and hot and deep Arachnophilia ***

:-)

*** The allstars are most popular build in the guardian ascendancy in poeninja-rankings (19% used) first time again since [3.09]***

*** 100000 views in 10 days! - woooow & wuuuw ! ***

Quotes

Thank you Chromino for keeping this up to date!

It's going to be a great league.

BTW. I have a funny story to share, when I started to test the build at the end of Expedition, I accidentally opened a No Mana Regen map without knowing it. So I raised my 20 spiders and proceeded through the map, and then suddenly I realized I had no more mana left. "Well shit" I thought to myself, but I continued with spiders only and their number went down a bit a few times but they kept killing and re-summoning themselves and they cleared 3/4 of the map before I finally had to TP out and get a mana flask! So I cleared 3/4 of a T12 map with 0 skills used and buttons pressed except movement. Amazing.

Posted by
Jadran

I have to give you an award Chromino, Minotaur has been my nemesis as long as I can remember - even with all of the other 'tanky' builds I've played - I almost ALWAYS die way too much to Minotaur. Too lazy to learn his attacks/patterns? Idk!

Well, not so much a problem any more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5IVh0oIPg

Posted by
CLloyd0

Being able to afk ultimatum and also survive the trialmaster is crucial and this build absolutely allows you to do that even without the broken iron skin and aul amu combo. Being CI and immune to corrupted blood with a jewel is just a blessing in ultimatum (5 or even 6 affixes that doesn't effect this build at all) and the recovery from block is insane.

Posted by
Robale

the build rocks..I am not dying and i am not afraid going into any fight coz 1 shots or other shits the game throw at u :)
THANK YOU Chromino :)

Posted by
AlexAndonov

Sirus 8, deathless.

I only have 6955 energy shield, nonetheless, I can tank anything he throws. (Ok, I didn't attempt the chaos storms, or the meteor hit.) Little shots, DIE beam, corridor zig zag (don't bother dodging, this is the best chance to DPS him, just soak up the hits) even the spinning quad beam has very little effect.

Took longer than it should have because I forgot to switch my pantheon to refill my writhing jars over time, so just the ... short legged dirty tail. That description still makes me laugh every time!

I have to say, this build guide is *Awesome*. The level of detail, the various options, the explanations around gear / tree / skill gem choices are top notch. But what really makes this stand out is the raw language. I just can't stop giggling when I read about the "short legged" "dirty scorpion-tail" "premium lags"... the fun just keeps coming. I have never seen a more entertaining build thread, and I've been here a long... long... Long time.

Posted by
grimjack68

Thank you for one of the best builds ever done! :)
I just switched to it from farming with freezing pulse totem.. was tired of dying. Now I cannot die lol... :D

Thanks again Chromino!

Posted by
Astarotte

"...played with it and Sirus 8/9 made me feel like walking in the park.

Thanks for what I currently consider the best build."

Posted by
radius540

This build is awesome when you start to get some gear. OK I am only mapping till t7 now, but in Ultimatums I really don't care what is the next reward, because I actually can't die. Once got somehow stuck in a T7 on a rune from Baran, surrounded by enemies. Could not cast, could not move and could not flask. I stoud there for solid 30 seconds, geting hammered on. Sure my ES drop once to 40%, but half a second and two blocks later, it was full again.

Its really is an awesome Build if you want to play relaxed PoE. For me its perfect in Ultimatum since I don't have to dodge anything. My adaptive resolution in Ultimatum drops so low, I can't even tell where the Chaos cloud (chaos immune is op), the frost orbs or the lightning circles are. I just stand there and hammer away.

My only issue is: I have sometimes a hard time to spawn spiders in fights like the maven trials. But the agony crawler will kill them sooner or later anyway.

Posted by
4nthraxx

This build is insane! Facetanking t16 awlvl 9 fully juiced trialmaster feels incredible. And my character was only lvl80 that fight.
I admire your work.

Posted by
dimka_po

This build is leaguestart friendly, as it use almost no special items to make it work.
Everything is a must have which increase the build by a lot, but even without the Skin of the Lord, the build can work...

With no expense (and no brain), with basic stuffs (no cluster, no jewels, no ring, no amu), Glancing Blow, and just Aegis, and 2 casual flask, you can already achieve :
- 5k es
- 30k armour
- 500k DPS
- 600 es on block
- 75/75 block chance
- capped resistance (75/80/76)

... At lvl 80
Seems already pretty good for a 10c build, no ?
Most of the builds don't reach this much tankyness / DPS combo with such "investissment".

Also, note that the build may be a leaguestart friendly, it's not a beginner friendly as there is a lot special mecanics in it, and you have to know it to leveling and playing it right.

Posted by
Chimnei_Moon

I played this build for first time at the end of 3.15 (I only played this league + syndicate), I played it as if I was league starting, no bonus gear from my main etc to see how I could start - was super easy. Was quickly running high end content, and even cleared A8 Sirus at 87 without even having all my gems capped.

Posted by
Trelander

This is definitely the best build i've ever played.

Even though this is my 1st time meeting Sirus & tbh i'm quite slow & unskilled, I've managed to beat him deathless just now- tanking almost all his attack. I even forgot to switch from melee splash to multisrike for the spider.
I even dont have the anomalous HoA gem & many other gems also not at full quality but the build still very strong.

Before this i dont even bother to explore the atlas killing conquerors & sirus on my own due to squishy build.
Thank you very much for the build.

Posted by
chaoswind7

I love this build, im using a headhunter and its so fun haha im inmortal

Posted by
antofazul

I delved a lot tonight and basically just ran around the entire time not having to do anything or pay much attention.
I've been debating rearranging all my shield/block nodes on the tree to get to 38% both block chances and then going GB, but I just feel so untouchable with the full 100% block that I'm not sure if I want to give it up.

Posted by
cdnza

Feeling incredibly tanky and well rounded, haven't died once since I went CI at around lvl 69 or so.

I can pretty much just sit in any ultimatum and agony/spiders just destroy everything.

Might try to take this build to 100 considering how tanky this build is feeling.

Thanks for an awesome build guide

Posted by
TrancedOuT

Once you have the items listed by the build you're literally unkillable.
I haven't died to ANY Ultimatum and completed all waves standing afk and just pressing flasks and ball lightning.

And i dont even have the Grace amulet and the Iron Reflexes armour yet. With it it would be like a Terminator :)

███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░

Posted by
Hey0cean

This build is incredible.I am lvl 73 and i can face tank t15 ultimatum indefinetely standing in stone circle and spam ball lightning, vaal discipline, molten shell and flasks. I have only 5000 es and 3000 mana. I have barely any cluster jewel.lol.full build at lvl 100 with all gear is immortal i think.lol

Posted by
dovahkin1986

I love this build. I'm playing Scourge as my first PoE league ever, i'm noob as fck. I don't understand anything (atlas, crafting, delve/mining, maps). But i love this build. I expect that this build would be playable trought the Leagues. My idea is to dominate this build in 2 or 3 leagues ^^ Thanks a lot. I hope you could up more content :)

Posted by
David ML

This build is waaaay tankier even on leveling already. I'm level 65, have white gloves (34 itemlevel), blue chest (27 itemlevel) and some random crappy rares from the ground (like leaguecontent-corrupted dagger 6 ilvl from the 1st act lmao).
And I literally die only if really believe in my immortality. I died 6 times for now and 4 times I just yolo run into big packs of everything. 2 because of afking.

You can imagine occultist's survivability with this gear level :D

But I never used Herald of Agony cause people commented here a lot of hard leveling times through this skill. I used Herald of Purity all the way in those crappy white 4-link gloves - HoP + Minion Damage + Summon Phantasm + Added Fire Damage. Plus 4link Storm Brand + Ball Lightning + Chance to Poison + Faster Casting (lol I need to fix this link I suppose :D).
And thats basically all, I don't have any cool items (brought Anvil for, maybe, 1c, that's all). I don't have 6links, don't have actually any other working links. Use steelskin on left mouse button and ~5 levels ago activated Determination.

I have dominating blow in my chest but I don't use it. Just too lazy to use anything except Flame Dash + Arcane Surge besides two 4L I mentioned before.

PoB is little chaotic, but you can find a ton of useful info on 50 page of this topic. It was the most helpful discovery for me here.

Posted by
allumino

thanks for your build, really easy to play when you know how to summon the spiders without panicking during a boss or a fight with a screen full of monsters

Memory vault + dagger + aegis aurora = you can start printing currency. Upgrade after upgrade ... facetanking while watching tv sirus 6, 9 waves of ultimatum T16 etc. still working on upgrading, need more exalted

Posted by
luvahiz

Thanks a lot for the guide. A lot of stuff to learn but so far looking really good only level 76 and can do dwelve 200 and t16 maps.

Posted by
Mckoch

Hey thx for one of the best and well written guide i‘ve seen so far.

Posted by
sh0wtimeye

Almost level 91 and 0 deaths from this build. I've never felt so tanky before in PoE.

Posted by
TrancedOuT

I did league start with it as well, sure it has been a bit of a struggle

but now i am at a point i am steamrolling maps already with a dead here and there

https://pastebin.com/7uetarqc

Posted by
Solidwolf

And you don't need BIS items at all. At the moment, I don't use Skin of the Lords with Iron Reflexes nor Aul's amulet. I use +1 gems corruption torso (which could as well be normal Skin of the Loyal) and +2 gems amulet (which costs around 4ex, but you could use +1 gems amulet which is very cheap). I killed A9 Sirus with this setup and it was easy, deathless.

Posted by
Wermine

Hello guys, hi Chromino,
thanks for the amazing build guide! Let the spiders reign!

Posted by
dapake

Map clear is excellent. Spiders do enough damage by themselves to kill anything short of bosses, and they are FAST.

I've played the aura stacker, and the damage on bosses here is going to feel weak by comparison. The tank, on the other hand, isn't second tier to anything. :)
This is why Chromino has tongue in cheek renamed Sirus' DIE beam to a healbeam, because we can literally stand in it to restore our energy shield.

I leveled 3 builds to 95+ in Expedition, league starting with this one. The currency I made with the Allstars funded an Explosive Trapper and a Forbidden Rite Totem build - without selling any gear from this one, I might add.

I constantly get into debates in /global when folks ask for the tankiest build available, and most folks push Jugg options. Or the Aura stack, which has a decent tank, but seriously relies on dealing enough damage to kill anything threatening. Nobody else uses Sirus' DIE beam to heal. :)

Posted by
grimjack68

[...] good I love the build !!

Posted by
Trentolin

You put up a legendary guide AND a crazy "shopping list" for literally every situation/budget [...] Not to mention builds unique "mana reservation" min-maxing type which allows you to do so much stuff that you CANT do without buying KEY expensive items [...]

Thanks for all your efforts! Amazing guide.

Posted by
feelthepain

it's funny how sirus' die beam actually heal me instead of damaging me 😂

Posted by
zcythustk

Ooookay, after some struggle in the beginning (levelling was okay, map transition without some extra currency was painful, as I mentioned before) i've managed to get spiders and its just amazing. [...]
I can't actually tank EVERYTHING in game, but, well, mostly I can facetank things in moments where other builds couldn't even dream of. It defnately will improve with gear, cause I have only ~5.5ES for now and some items really need to be changed asap.[...]
Overall really great and VERY tanky build if you have some patience.

Posted by
allumino

Many thanks to Chromino for this build.

My first build that able to melt almost everything with stress free gameplay.
My first Sirus A9 deathless something near in 3 minutes.
Maven not a problem at all. All ultimatums is a joke (except some unlucky ones)

And much more that i like - its so flexible, you can play with this build and adjust it how you like. More damage - no problem, more defence - no problem, different skills - no problem, you able to tweak it how you like. I am even not using spiders, because i don't like to spawn them and etc. Maybe i will play with some ascendancy passives, because without Phantasm supports i didn't have enough "Allies" near with me to get permanent Onslaught and etc.

Posted by
Zlatoruk

A8 Sirus down... This build is the best tank in my poe history. It even beats double nebuloch marauder or Mjolner discharge. I wonder how can I die :) ?

Posted by
Astarotte

I am really enjoying this build. Even with basic essentials and no expensive items I can take red maps easily without even coming close to dying.

Posted by
sidp2201

Yes, this build is literally *THE* tank. Other builds that are tanks should be compared to this build. I've played most of the other tank builds, and some of them are nearly as good as this, but nothing quite measures up.

On the down side, after playing this, everything you'll play will feel like a glass cannon! :)
Current league IGN: Grimjack_Expdition_HOAG
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Posted by
grimjack68

My best build ever.

Posted by
monik390

I’m going to start with this just to avoid rolling six alts this league then end up here anyway like last league.

Posted by
Ariakan80

Hi Chromino,

I am very satisfied with the build, yesterday I did Sirus 9 without taking any risks, Die is not able to kill me,
Congratulations for the great and solid build.

Posted by
radius540

Finally done with the grindy part of this league!

Reached Level 100 and did 40 Challenges on the same day. All with this build, never played anything else since the start of this league over a month ago.

This was the smoothest ride ever after getting the 3 core uniques... before them I died like 4 times every t1 map^^

I played since beta and could never reach level 100 on any other character... this should be proof enough for the insane tankiness of this build :D

Normally I never play a build twice but I really consider it, if there are no huge nerfs etc... let's see!

Thank you so much for the support with this guide chromino and mabye we see us again next league (:

Posted by
Robale

Did play this in 3.14 and was 96,5 within 3 weeks and that was with a skin of the loyals, not skin of the lords (was ~5ex away from affording it). Quitted there because I wasted to much time in POE because the build was so much fun :), Failed 3 Ultimatums in total in that time and got to the boss 5 times. It was just to easy if you didn't care about rewards, when you could not die anyway.

That comes from a player who is REALLY bad. I could not figure out how to spawn spieders in Boss fights. So they took some time, but this build gives you time to learn fights.

With this build I got my first:
Sirus (up to 7)
Shaper
Elder
Uber Elder I fucked up because I invited maven to my first try ever.
All breachstones.

And that all within 3 weeks.

Posted by
Humtol

This build is amazing, and the POB is amazing. There is far more effort in the POB than basically any POB that exists.

Posted by
sp0dey

I'd check out the herald of agony guardian build (or herald of purity)..
I'm running it this league and it's a tank. With less than 5ex invested you can facetank Sirus at A6, do T16 maps with ease, delerium maps, normal & uber atziri and so forth.
It's not screen wide explosion fast but gets the job done quick and safely.
If you get more currency you can blow 30-50ex on this build to get all BIS items and facetank everything. But with 5ex you can run pretty much all content.
It's not meta so a lot of items are dirt cheap (like 10chaos for boots, 15choas chest, 10c gloves etc etc).

have a look:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

Posted by
R3kt3m

YouTube goodguygaming3 about the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR86eiBMiTY&t=80s

Full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR86eiBMiTY

*** I wish you all big tasty feeding mobs for your swarm!! ***

Thank you much!

Last edited by Chromino on Oct 31, 2021, 4:56:27 PM
"
cdnza wrote:
I wanna get rid of spiders

For sure you can, mate. All people who got tired of spiders either ditched them or made summoning easier. Grab CIP with wither spell totem or a good trigger wand, and go on.

"
Chromino wrote:
*** 500 k / 0.5 M views - I never believed that the build would create so much interests! That is a new level of big and hot deep Arachnophilia ***

:-)

*** The allstars are most popular build in the guardian ascendancy in poeninja-rankings (19% used) first time again since [3.11]***

*** 100000 views in 10 days! - woooow & wuuuw ! ***

Congrats, mate. This one is really good, so you deserved it =)
How does the Arakali work exactly? i swear once i activate withering jar and kil lthe worms the spiders dont spawn 90% of the time :/
Finally found some Auls today.

First dropped helm :( (and took a long time because of modifiers including 66% more life)

Second dropped an amulet! Haste though rather than Grace unfortunately. But I'll take the 13ex lol
"
AlmightyDrake wrote:
How does the Arakali work exactly? i swear once i activate withering jar and kil lthe worms the spiders dont spawn 90% of the time :/

Again.

AF requires both kill and corpses.

It won't summon anything if you just press flask and kill worms with no corpses around.

So:

1. Desecrate. Twice.
2. Press flask.
3. Kill worms.

If you press flask in the middle of the fight - worms can be killed by enemies. It won't proc AF then.

Also, you don't have gravebind, so your minions won't proc AF too.
"
monik390 wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:
I wanna get rid of spiders

For sure you can, mate. All people who got tired of spiders either ditched them or made summoning easier. Grab CIP with wither spell totem or a good trigger wand, and go on.

I'm trying it out now (in both delve and maps) and honestly once you have 60 virulence and lvl ~30 HoAg, you don't miss the spiders all that much.

I'm currently testing wither totems for bosses, but am interested in ideas for other things to do with those 3 gem slots. I might try doing Raise Spectre + Minion Life + Meat Shield or something with some utility spectres (proxy shield guys perhaps?) but that might not be good. I just remember once upon a time mana guardians used to use Stoneskin Flayers for getting onslaught from ascendancy (and for taunt) :)
Hey man . I have problem with simulacrum in stage 18+ anyone i'm stay in stun or anyone shot me . how fix it? u can check my gear in profile .
Last edited by skipero4ek9444 on Oct 31, 2021, 6:01:09 PM
I haven't played for a few leagues and I decided it would be better for me to look for a nice build here instead of trying to make one and probably fail ^^.
This one seemed very nice but something horrible happened (spoiler: I'm the horrible thing).
I started my character in SSF mode, telling myself it was only for the beginning but apparently I hate myself and have decided I wouldn't leave SSF until T15. I also decided to level with HoA as soon as possible to suffer a little more. This was one of the worst leveling I ever done, I never dropped so few things (first chaos at level 52), I'm out of currency and I'm struggling with T2/T3 maps at level 79 (I can do them but I'm really not safe and it takes me forever to kill a boss).
Could somseone save me from myself and give me some hope telling me what I could do with my character in its current state to make it to higher maps ? For example I know my weapon is horrible but I have no idea what to try to get (I also did all the quests and have already used all my passive respec point in case you'd like me to change lots of passive points <yeahhhh>).
Don't judge me, I'm already doing it a lot myself ^^.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info