⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
dapake wrote:
Hello guys, hi Chromino,
thanks for the amazing build guide! Let the spiders reign!

I need advice: I managed to snag a ghost dance skin 3g 2r 1b for 2 ex.
Since I was using full block version I had tempest shield and no grace (no aul's amulet yet).
I switched in the skin for a major dps buff (I was struggling with single target in reds) but ghost dance doesn't allow me to have energy shield > of evasion rating.
So I ditched tempest shield and went for grace with reservation amulet and small cluster.

Problem is I cannot cap spell block even fully buffed and bastion of hope (which I want to ditch for time of need asap).
I can't fit in tempest shield unless I mega invest in reservation (englighten 4, charisma, alpha's howl with enchant, dual reservation amulet, catalysts on all jewels).

So my question is, what should I aim for as my next investment?
Ignore block and get dagger? Wait for aul? Mega invest in reservation and get tempest shield? Clarity WE? Sell skin for max 10 ex and buy something else?

I know it's long and very specific but any suggestion helps.
My pob:
https://pastebin.com/y4ESpmSk

Hi dapake,

you can go without capped block. Try to raise it further, but with your 50% evasion and ghost dance you have additional layers of defences and 10% lesss spellblock is not so important.

But you should probably:

- improve your flask set-up: take in a jadeflask for +1500 evasion
- take one point more serpentine spellslinger for more virulences
- you need a level 20 vaal grace for more evasion
- regret bastion of hope, take time of need
- as long as you don't have aul's uprising take 2 points "mystic bulwark" (and if you want also arcane sanctuary) for more spellblock
- change cwdt to divergent cws when you regretted bastion of hope
- for mapping take pierce into HoA supports
- activate shield mastery

You get 70/75% fullblock buffed + 50% evasion + ghost dance - that is tanky-tanky!!
Next you should increase your damage and need one large damage cluster - switch out the attackblock-cluster or when you get aul's use tempest shield and switch out the spellblockcluster.
How do we proc arakali normaly? without the flask. as we arent using the new gloves.
"
dapake wrote:
Hello guys, hi Chromino,
thanks for the amazing build guide! Let the spiders reign!

I need advice: I managed to snag a ghost dance skin 3g 2r 1b for 2 ex.

So my question is, what should I aim for as my next investment?
Ignore block and get dagger? Wait for aul? Mega invest in reservation and get tempest shield? Clarity WE? Sell skin for max 10 ex and buy something else?

I know it's long and very specific but any suggestion helps.
My pob:
https://pastebin.com/y4ESpmSk

Since I'm running ghost dance by myself, I'm good to suggest some things.

My opinion is from my PoV, so you disagree with smth here.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/GncyUQrg

lvl 90, 58k armour, 39k evasion, 1.9m dps, 4.2k ES, Glancing blows 75/75.

Running determination, grace, discipline, defiance banner.

First of all, ghost dance is useless unless you have high evasion.

However, it becomes very good if you have. Currently, it instantly recovers 1.1k ES when hit for me, so this is one of the best keystones for us outside of iron reflexes, which is BiS undisputedly.

I'm perfectly fine with it and was targeting it specifically, due to MUCH lower investment than default memory vault setup, which is, in my opinion, viable only with Aul's (bc I love run many auras).

On the other hand, evasion setup with alphas howl can run 3 auras and the banner with just a cheap rare ~45% grace reservation amulet.

Another pro here - getting a really good layer of defense - >80% evade chance. Which is compensating me using Glancing Blows in some way.

So, as for your build.

Honestly, I strongly oppose using the second large cluster until very high lvl, like 96-98. Just lvl 90 isn't good for it.

Budget-wise, evasion ghost dance setup a lot cheaper (like 1-1.5ex to switch or even cheaper, if you can get that alphas for 49c atm)..

Consider using Sublime Form instead of self-control if you go for evasion.

That's what I'm thinking subjectively, because it's how I'm running it.

However, objectively your build is already tanky af. Just look at those ehp numbers.

Get the dagger and that's it. Really.

Aul's solves too many things, but later. Not perfect 75/75 numbers don't mean your build is bad. It's already good.

Arakaali's fang will solve the worst your issue - damage. Like, double your current.

Last edited by monik390 on Oct 31, 2021, 8:45:17 AM
"
AlmightyDrake wrote:
How do we proc arakali normaly? without the flask. as we arent using the new gloves.

Normally we proc it with flask. Even if using new gloves.

It requires corpses and kill.

You won't proc it if there are no corpses nearby, and you personally don't kill. If you are wearing new gloves then your minions can proc it too.

Flask is mandatory unless you are playing w/o spiders.
Last edited by monik390 on Oct 31, 2021, 8:54:09 AM
So I finished the build, it can still be improved by leveling up to put points in cult-leader (or buying aul's grace but i probably won't do this).

https://pastebin.com/0YcjKzTr

i only set wither to 8 stacks (by withering step) for consistency reason eventhough I can pretty much reach max wither stack all the time with spiders attacking

once my awakened minion damage and awakened vicious projectile level up once more it will be a whopping 500k more dps because the gem reach lv 5 by getting +2 from skin of the lord, awakened gem lv 5 got buffed this patch.

I started with (the price was at the time not currently)

Some random +1 gem sceptre i get while leveling 0c
lv 21 Herald of Agony 30c
Memory Vault good roll 2ex << managed to enchant discipline eff on it but the price drops a lot so I sell it back 1ex later when I get new helm.
Aegis Aurora 30c
Rainbowstride 20c
Skin of Loyal 70c
Faster Casting gloves 30c << I leo slam hit slow projectile, insane luck
Lv 1 Empower Gem 1ex << I bought it when it was 1ex to level it myself, later I corrupted it unlucky nothing change.

then I upgrade/buy items one by one as I farm up with the build

2x Circle of Nostalgia 3ex total not each << first one i got was 1ex and second one was 2ex, you gotta snipe this
Arakaali's Fang 4ex
Thread of Hope 1ex
Large Minion cluster 70c
Large Block cluster 30c << the one I use only Prodigious Defence is useful
Determination small cluster 10c
2x Medium Pure Agony 60c << use 4x of this if you are low level
2x Medium Pure Agony + Cult-Leader 150c << you don't need cult-leader until very late
Determination Watcher's Eye 1ex (when I buy)
2x Awakened Minion Damage Support 240c
Awakened Vicious Projectile Support 70c
Other Alternate Quality gems 1ex
Memory Vault with Agony mana 2.5ex
Golden Rule with corrupted blood immune 1ex
Skin of the Lord 1.5ex << I use The Impaler which is neutral mod for the build very big damage boost
Str Dex Stygian Vise 1ex
+1 Dex-Gem Amulet 1ex
Annoint Charisma 105c
2x Split Personality 4ex

Almost 100 Regret Orbs, this because I min-maxing my build all the time through PoB find the best combination for my current state and once its perfect just do it in the game, I do this everytime I get new item or level up.

Managed to sell Skin of Loyal back 70c
Managed to sell Memory Vault very good roll with Discipline reserve 1ex

Total of about 30ex note that I only start with about 3ex not counting very good memory vault I bought which is not necessary at all at the start -_-

My personal note
1. Invest 21 herald of agony gem from the start help immensely
2. Leveling your own empower reduce the cost of the build alot
3. Arakaali's Fang help the build immensely, clear speed, single target, and survivability from not having to tank white/magic monsters because spiders kill them so quick
4. Pure Agony is the big damage boost you can get
5. Any +level gem are your big damage boost
6. Getting skin of the lord to boost your empower level and your agony level is a whopping +40% more damage from skin of loyal
7. Golden Rule is very important for single target
8. Corrupted Blood is the bane of this build, so corrupted blood immune jewel is really important especially against sirus, with corrupted blood immune, you pretty much can't die to sirus.
9. The build is not newbie friendly, you must adapt/edit/fix the build to your own version along with what items/lv you currently have and know what you lacking of/need to do next, and the guide has it all written but a little bit hard to find.
10. If your spiders are offline and you get swarm by monsters, you will have hard time summoning spiders, because spirit offering eat your desecrate corpse, so either take your spirit offering gem off right at the moment or make enough space so you won't get hit by monster while summoning spiders.
11. Remember you have catalyst, use them if you have attributes/resistance problem, but the resistance one is pretty expensive, so use on your bis item.
12. My personal favorite method of summoning spiders is 2x Desecrate -> Ball Lightning -> Run infront of your Ball Lightning Projectile -> Pop the worm flask, you might need slow projectile on your gloves to do this though.
Last edited by zcythustk on Oct 31, 2021, 9:32:16 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
small clarification about how the dagger works. we all know the daggers specialty is the "100% chance on kill to raise spiders". I went ahead, bit the bullet and spent some C's, and im not sure if theres something im missing, but it doesnt seem like my spiders have 100 uptime

i definitely still have some ways to go on my character, so maybe thats part of it?

Hi soulstrike628,

it's as cdnzy writes and all tipps are also in the spoiler "blizzard" and on page 50 in "Raising spiders-Raising the Herald of Agony-Summon the spiders & scorpion".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

When you map not too slow you have enough spiders alltime, but they despawn after 30 seconds and you have to raise them again: 2x desecrate (10 corpses), 1x stormbrand, 1x flask writhing jar

Im getting a better hang of the spiders. I've never played a build with this kind of mechanic so just takes some getting used too :)

my next in range purchase will probably be the cast speed/projectile gloves.

if someone wouldnt mind take a look at my POB and letting me know which way to take it from here, id be greatful. I'm starting to look at my first cluster gem options and not sure what to target.

https://pastebin.com/zxh0ded9

im currently attack/spell block capped, 75(88)/75, not yet fully capped on resistance, 75/63/63/-9. Not sure if chaos inoculation is a viable option for me just yet...
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 31, 2021, 9:36:31 AM
Thanks Chromino and Monik390 for different suggestions!

I will definitely raise my evasion in order to get the best out of Ghost dance.
Other than that I will run some tests to decide which enchant to get to maximize the diminishing returns from the current RMR, maybe determination or grace are better than crawler because we already have rings. Plus all the easy improvements that were stated will improve QoL a bit.

Stay sane exiles!

"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
small clarification about how the dagger works. we all know the daggers specialty is the "100% chance on kill to raise spiders". I went ahead, bit the bullet and spent some C's, and im not sure if theres something im missing, but it doesnt seem like my spiders have 100 uptime

i definitely still have some ways to go on my character, so maybe thats part of it?

Hi soulstrike628,

it's as cdnzy writes and all tipps are also in the spoiler "blizzard" and on page 50 in "Raising spiders-Raising the Herald of Agony-Summon the spiders & scorpion".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

When you map not too slow you have enough spiders alltime, but they despawn after 30 seconds and you have to raise them again: 2x desecrate (10 corpses), 1x stormbrand, 1x flask writhing jar

Im getting a better hang of the spiders. I've never played a build with this kind of mechanic so just takes some getting used too :)

my next in range purchase will probably be the cast speed/projectile gloves.

if someone wouldnt mind take a look at my POB and letting me know which way to take it from here, id be greatful. I'm starting to look at my first cluster gem options and not sure what to target.

https://pastebin.com/zxh0ded9

im currently attack/spell block capped, 75(88)/75, not yet fully capped on resistance, 75/63/63/-9. Not sure if chaos inoculation is a viable option for me just yet...

You're making good progress! Here's a list of things to do next:

Do labs, respec to CI (remove life clusters, random minion points/masteries, can finally start using CORE item The Golden Rule), fix your flasks (you are missing granite, basalt, etc), fix your gem levels (need to level all your underleveled gems. you can buy a lv21 hoag for <10c. replace your ball lightning and storm brand w lv1 versions), get a useful helm enchant, get a better amulet, start keeping an eye out for pure agony jewels/thread of hope/etc

Lots of stuff to look forward to :D
"

Do labs, respec to CI (remove life clusters, random minion points/masteries, can finally start using CORE item The Golden Rule), fix your flasks (you are missing granite, basalt, etc), fix your gem levels (need to level all your underleveled gems. you can buy a lv21 hoag for <10c. replace your ball lightning and storm brand w lv1 versions), get a useful helm enchant, get a better amulet, start keeping an eye out for pure agony jewels/thread of hope/etc

so, still alot to do, but not out of reach. need to start stocking up on regret orbs (have 0!) i picked up the new gloves and i can 100% see a difference. Need to accept the fact that ball lightning and storm brand arent used for damage and just for charge generation. this build kind of flips my normal playthroughs on its head lol, but its alot of fun

i do have a 21 hoag, but im short on dex to use it, so thats my next goal
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 31, 2021, 12:12:33 PM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"

so, still alot to do, but not out of reach. need to start stocking up on regret orbs (have 0!) i picked up the new gloves and i can 100% see a difference. Need to accept the fact that ball lightning and storm brand arent used for damage and just for charge generation. this build kind of flips my normal playthroughs on its head lol, but its alot of fun

i do have a 21 hoag, but im short on dex to use it, so thats my next goal

The unique amulet Astramentis is a good amulet for this build until very late - you get to ignore the Dex/Str requirements on HoAg/Determination/etc, and it gives you a ton of Int which gives you more mana (so more ES from ascendancy) and increased ES intrinsically. Give it a try, you can get them for quite cheap ~30c

Whisper me in game and I'll give you some regrets for your respec. Just make sure you've done all the Book of Regret quests in the acts, as you get 20 respec points for free per character

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info