[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Demetryn wrote:
Hello,
Enjoyed that build a lot and pushed it to 20 mil sirus dps. Without corrupted frostferno yet. When I get a good corrupt it will be like 25 or so.
Got some nice gear there though - the budget is between 50 to 150ex by now, did not count and crafted some gear myself

Grabbed 32 watchstones, killed A9 Sirus, Maven. Did not manage to kill The Feared yet, its kinda hard.

Configured POB profile:
https://pastebin.com/Tap5dq2Y
(Bow cluster is missing +% light res, so it is actually capped)

Wanted to share A LOT of my thoughts on pushing it to endgame from mid-gier

Gems setup:
Spoiler
Kaom is first thing you should drop, gem sockets are like one of the most valuable things in gear

- Lvl4 (5 in my case with gloves implicit) Enhance boosts berserk (and blood rage) quality for tons of extra attack speed. Also boosts Phantasmal Blink Arrow for 3d charge. With this build I enjoyed it more than Flame Dash
- If you get more sockets - you can use awakened hextouch for +1 curse. With +1 curse chest (amy corrupt is too hard to get unless you use a unique), a 6L or a curse in gloves implicit / on a ring you can use Flammability, Ele Weakness and Sniper's Mark all at once for great dmg boost (esp fork part on Snipers is super nice). Also rare chest can give us flat crit to attacks, so drop that Kaom already
- Frenzy is nice, but Ensnaring Arrow is better (watch closely - PoB only supports 1 ensare stack, so it loses a 40% more dmg in calculations, with 60% more total) if you get frenzy generation from a quiver mod for example or a chest mod. There are plenty of various frenzy generation sources if we dont spend them on phase run all the time.
- With ensnaring arrow/frenzy in 6L you can also use Life on Hit support (huge sustain) or Culling Strike (for better frenzy charges ramp up on maps and executing that nasty boss)
- You can get Wave of Confiction in a trap, so it deals dmg despite Avatar of Fire and applies exposure. Good for fat bosses like A9 Sirus, Maven...and Harvest plants
- Need Precision lvl17-20 leveled for Passives Tree shennanigans below - more links in gear allow to grab an Enlighten to do it.
- The con of using awakened hextouch (except high price) - u will need a t1 int roll somewhere on your gear and a little more (i've took about +10 int in my hp small cluster)

Gear observations:
Spoiler
- Bottled Faith is super great. We like crit and dmg, we like regen. We like to spend ex on gear. Damn, I suppose every crit build benefits from it. Grab it as soon as you have the cash.
- Cinderswallow Urn is nice to have too. Totally works with totem ignites - great to AFK t16 juiced rituals due to in-build life recovery, just dodging nemesis hits occasionally. Both crit and regen mods are fine (I use regen atm)
- Even on hiero grab some %Mana Regen on gear to sustain active Berserk BOTH WITH RAGE (which gives 25%AS and 50%dmg inc by itself) better and longer. Amulet implicit, ring essence mods are good sources
- Consider a Stygian with Increased Life Recovery. Great mod to boost all regen as main source of our sustain. Also grab "recover 2% life on kill if you have rage" from lab. Its actually quite easy to get (just 15 mods on belt enchants), took me 3 runs with Twice Enchanted and a single Dark Shrine +1 enchant procs

- Tried brutal charges belt. The dmg is nice, but dropping 16% reduction from endurances is pain. U get oneshots like A LOT more often, especially on maven harder fights. You can use it if you are OK with going glass cannon
- Also tried new Fury boots https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Legacy_of_Fury that apply Scorch via ground without disabling Ignite. Theoretically dmg is nice (one more elemental ailment on boss for elehit, -13% fire res from scorch) but practically its too hard to run under a harder boss with all degen zones and hits every 4 seconds, to keep the ground scorched. Also does not apply well while mapping. Not worth dropping a good rare boots. DO NOT RECOMMEND ON RANGED BUILDS. Might be worth attention on some melee fire builds though

Tree:
Spoiler
- We got weird tree with a lot of travelling so jewel sockets are a problem. I used Thread of Hope near bow clusters to grab 4 sweet keystones (including pierce to free an affix on boots), and one good flat accuracy mod on gear with ice golem in cwdt (cause he dies all the time) to drop Aquity, Farsight and get points for some good clusters.
- Get a small HP (Surging Vitality is great in our build) and a Bow Large Cluster with Martial Prowess, Arcing Shot and Devastator/Smite the Weak. Devastator does not chain so don't get too exited. Totems still can't utilize the BOOM affix.
Feed the Fury might be OK QoL to give totems life leech so they live better in degen zones and when hit.
Warning - PoB does not account for Arcing Shot in any way by default, so I just added its stats as flat to jewel to see if its good (its good)
Also it can be forced on cluster via non-Crit to Crit craft
- That gives a slot for a Watcher's Eye (and Grace flat +% chance to evade hits is super. Or just grab dmg mods)
- Rain of Splinters is kinda meh unless its for Barrage - get an additional arrow from quiver (or rare bow). 2 arrows proved enough

Current gear:
Spoiler

Thoughts to improve:
Spoiler

- Finish crafting of a new +1 curse / attack crit chest. Or just accept I will never roll good resists and buy one. Got 2 curses atm. A ring with sniper's mark is waiting its 3 curses limit))
- Obviously get better frostferno already (+6 or +8). Did not feel like buying
and double corruption chambers just don't show up
- Actually greatest helm enchant for us is More Berserk effect. Its stronger than EleHit enchants in a couple of times. Blood Rage AS enchant is also OK
- Experiment with rare bow possibilities, whether it can get higher dps. It can get up to +7 lvl to elehit with empower, while opening head for a rare or other unique. Opens up possibility for barrage with Dying Sun for fatest bosses? Also 30% less dmg on Quil Rain depresses me
- My ring are kinda cheap and supbar. If I play long enough with this char I could think about some with +1 maximum frenzy or just see what can I get from influenced bases
- Elder boots with Inc Duration to return Phase Run (gotta see if frenzy charges ramp back up fast enough with it though)
- Gotta experiment with Phantasmal Ballista support. 10% chance for projectiles to return sounds like potential ~10% more on bosses

Update: looked closer today, ensnaring arrow seem to not apply snare on enimies pierced. So only middle line of monsters gets a snare. That makes it not such a great skill =P. Looking for some workaround (Works kinda good with chain support on clearing juicy maps, but I hoped to boost priority targets dmg with it. Sadface)
Seems you could only use it reliably on bosses without any pierce on gear or passives, so not exactly a must-have option. And rejecting pierce altogether is just not exactly imaginable

Interesting, that you say 20m dps, since its really hard to get over 15M. That is shaper dps and all correct in configuration ? I will take a look.
20m dps is normal for this build, you can do even more with minmaxing.
I have currently 27.4, but my gear is not so good. I sure it can be pushed to 30-40m with great gear.

Most damage come from EE, so if you not using it, you lose a lot(without EE, I only have 17m dps, but in this case I can replace EE ring for dps one and got same 20m without EE). Actually, EE for bossing is so good, so you can have this ring as a replacement only for hard bosses fights(Maven, etc)
Last edited by RawDamage on Feb 18, 2021, 5:51:32 AM
Hello Vei
I really appreciated to your guide :)

I can say that it's powerful and cost-efficient build!! Thanks a lot.

Anyway, I'm now struggling to find the Lethal Pride jewel that give me 'Intimidate'.. I bought a lot of jewels more than 50ea but I couldn't find it yet.

Anybody knows the number of Lethal Pride jewels that add '10% chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit'?

I am getting tired of buying and reselling Lethal Pride jewels..

I have two Lethal Pride jewels as below
1. 20% increased Totem Damage x 2
2. 4% increased maximum Life x2
If anybody wants these, send me pm :)
Last edited by LG정근우 on Feb 18, 2021, 10:42:46 AM
"
mukulus wrote:
Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for making the first build ever that have gotten me invested enough to the point where im making personal adjustments.

Great to hear and thanks for being a fan! ^^

"
mukulus wrote:
Would really love to here your thoughts on them ^^

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fhy8UQqG

1. Removing multiple projectiles from Frenzy. When i got far enough into the end game i feld like the frenzy charges didn't really seem necessary for mapping, and hitting bosses with just the one arrow seems pretty consistent. So Anomalous ice golem seems way better atm, but it may just be preference i guess.

2. King of the Hill is the enemy. This keystone interacts so poorly with Point blank that i have chosen to remove it from my tree, atm im looking for a watchers eye/cluster jewel setup to replace the tree chain.

3. Using Dying Sun. This flask is straight broken, makes map coverage way stronger, and burst bosses super hard. Really hoping i can get a bossing +6/+8 Frostferno with a green socket instead of blue for barrage soon.

Thats just the ramblings of a fan of the build tho, really nice guide in general, that have gotten me way harder in to PoE than any other! So thanks! ^^

The 3 points you mentioned are kind of mostly a preference thing for individuals so I think definitely go for whichever fits your playing style best!

Here's my thoughts for them:

1. I think when our damage gets better, GMP doesn't seem to offer as much, however I think it's still useful in some cases like e.g. like 100% Delirious Maps, where the normal mobs last a bit longer.

That said, we can also switch to 20% Quality Anomalous Frenzy for that 2 arrows so ya GMP is nice early on but later when we have better damage, or use 20% Quality Anomalous Frenzy, these replaces the need for GMP.

With regards to Ice Golem, since you are not using Marylene's Fallacy, it might be better to use Culling Strike support instead. If we translate Culling Strike into numbers, it's basically 111% of whatever our current damage is since we only need to deal 90% instead of 100% damage to kill the enemy. Ice Golem can't reach that kind of additional DPS boost(Might be an exception when we have very low DPS, definitely not at your levels of DPS!)

2. I can see that King of the Hill might not be ideal for some, its mostly fine for me. If I have problems with the knockback, e.g. enemies with proximity shields, I put half the totems on one side and the other half on the opposite side(Both inside the proximity shield) so the totems can ping-pong the enemy :)

Also, sometimes I do think King of the Hill helps totem survive better versus those enemies are charging/running towards them, since they can't reach the totems because they keep getting knockbacked ;)

3. Dying Sun is definitely a very nice flask that helps both mapping and bossing(If we swap to the Bararge setup) There's also the less Fire Damage Taken.

In the Flask Recommendations under 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details I do have a Flexi Flask slot and Dying Sun definitely fits in perfectly there :)

For me, I just personally like to use 3 Life Flasks(2 Life and 1 Forbidden Taste) and the remaining 2 will be Quicksilver + Diamond Flask so I don't have any spare Flask Slot left for other Flasks.

Cheers

"
LG정근우 wrote:
Hello Vei

I really appreciated to your guide :)

I can say that it's powerful and cost-efficient build!! Thanks a lot.

Hello LG정근우,

Thank you! Very happy to hear that! :)

"
LG정근우 wrote:
Anyway, I'm now struggling to find the Lethal Pride jewel that give me 'Intimidate'.. I bought a lot of jewels more than 50ea but I couldn't find it yet.

Anybody knows the number of Lethal Pride jewels that add '10% chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit'?

Those are very nice Jewels too.

Generally I would say if you see the 5% Chance of Double Damage mod, that is pretty good and not too far behind Intimidate.

DPS Numbers for references(Using Default POB)

Intimidate - 80k DPS
5% Chance of Double Damage - 64k DPS

Hope this will make your search easier!

Cheers
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
dragonslaver wrote:
Just a question how much tooltip dps do you guys have when no totem is out? i am at 100k and It feels like it should be a lot more?

Mine is - Profile is open if you want to look. IGN: TheUnknownNomad
Spoiler
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
"
dragonslaver wrote:
Just a question how much tooltip dps do you guys have when no totem is out? i am at 100k and It feels like it should be a lot more?

Spoiler

How do you sustain that mana cost? 28 per totem seems pretty hefty.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:
"
dragonslaver wrote:

Spoiler

How do you sustain that mana cost? 28 per totem seems pretty hefty.

I have 86 mana left which lets me cast 3 totems before I have to wait for my mana to regen. With my DPS, 3 Totems pretty much kills everything.

So I usually cast 1 or 2 & move on. With bosses, I cast 3, and wait. As the bosses take a few seconds to start, I get my mana back & can cast 3 more. I have not noticed any issues.

If you do not have that, the other option which I was using is to get the -9 mana rings. Any ring you are wearing as long as it has an open prefix can get the -9 from crafting. The best part is, once you no longer need it, you can switch it to % increased elemental damage with attack skills. You can also swap back if you are unhappy.

If you look at both my rings, they used to have -9 mana but I wanted to see if I could play without it so I tried a week back. It works great. If I change one back to -9, I can usually cast 6 totems pretty easily with the natural regen.

Spoiler

EDIT: DPS with everything.
Spoiler
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Feb 18, 2021, 7:23:18 PM
Im testing Lioneye's Glare + Arcing Shot instead of Chin Sol + Point Blank.
Maybe is just me that im used so much to Chin Sol but in some things it feels a lot worse but on some others it's clearly better.
Also as a bonus you dont need any extra accuracy on your gear nor your tree.
Divergent Ballista totem seems like a must if you try that setup and whatever makes you knockback a lot is pretty useful too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rw9lrupmcQ
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how does it work flammability + ele weakness? It will stack -resis?
"
Vei wrote:

"
LG정근우 wrote:

Those are very nice Jewels too.

Generally I would say if you see the 5% Chance of Double Damage mod, that is pretty good and not too far behind Intimidate.

DPS Numbers for references(Using Default POB)

Intimidate - 80k DPS
5% Chance of Double Damage - 64k DPS

Hope this will make your search easier!

Cheers

Ty for the reply :)

I am wondering if anybody knows the specific number on the Lethal Pride jewel that adds 'Intimidate'.

I mean, there is a mod on the jewel like, " commanded leadership over ##### warriors under Akoya". I wanna know the number('Intimidate') so that I can search for that jewel on the trade site to buy it :)
Last edited by LG정근우 on Feb 19, 2021, 8:47:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info