[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Hey Vei! Beaten Sirus A5 on Day 8 of the league. Feels great! I've definitely got more room for the build to grow, but not sure what to invest in first.

My first Frostferno double corrupt poofed btw :')

Grabbing a crit chance corrupt Quill Rain is interesting, but the cost of 350 vaals + jewelers is... not fun. Do you suggest grabbing a ton of 6 socket quill rains before doing vaal orbs?
"
Vague_Density wrote:
Hey Vei! Beaten Sirus A5 on Day 8 of the league. Feels great! I've definitely got more room for the build to grow, but not sure what to invest in first.

Hey Vague!

Congrats on your Sirus Kill! :)

"
Vague_Density wrote:
I've definitely got more room for the build to grow, but not sure what to invest in first.

1. Definitely go for an anoint on your Amulet, just additional DPS waiting for you to add. You can refer to what annoint to use in the guide.

2. That Survival Secrets Jewel in your Passive Tree isn't very helpful at your current stage, so get a Dual Blind + Taunt on Hit Murderous Eye Jewel. Be sure to not buy the Minion version, our totems are not counted as Minions.

"
Vague_Density wrote:
My first Frostferno double corrupt poofed btw :')

Hope you get better luck on your next!

"
Vague_Density wrote:
Grabbing a crit chance corrupt Quill Rain is interesting, but the cost of 350 vaals + jewelers is... not fun. Do you suggest grabbing a ton of 6 socket quill rains before doing vaal orbs?

Looking at the cost of 6 Socket Quill Rains, which is 20c each, I don't think that's a good idea. The best way to do it is still the 350 Vaal + Jeweller on a Quill Rain that already has the Increased Critical Strike Chance.

That said, you can go the budget route first, which is a Long Overdue update for my guide but I can't update now as the forums is experiencing some issues when i try to edit the 2nd post of the Guide, gives me timeout error.

Anyway it was a tip from someone during 3.13:

1. Make sure you have your 6 Sockets and the right colours + links on a Non-Corrupt Quill Rain

2. Get the Harvest Craft:

"Enchant a Weapon. Quality does not increase its Physical Damage, has 1% increased Critical Strike Chance per 4% Quality"

on the Quill Rain. Checked TFT seems like they are selling for 10-15c.

3. Beastcraft 30% Quality(From Craicic Vassal, 5c, you might already have one) on the Quill Rain, it will corrupt the Quill Rain.

Now your Quill Rain has 7% Increased Critical Strike Chance. About Half of the Maximum we can get through Vaaling but hey, can't really complain for just the cost of 20c ;)

Hope the above helps.

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Besides from boots, is there other ways to get pierce? Do we need 2 pierce or is 1 enough? Because if we just need 1 pierce, we can craft on gloves. 2 pierce on boots is really hard to find is SC league since it's dying so fast.
"
ericchongws wrote:
Besides from boots, is there other ways to get pierce? Do we need 2 pierce or is 1 enough? Because if we just need 1 pierce, we can craft on gloves. 2 pierce on boots is really hard to find is SC league since it's dying so fast.

You can pick up pierce on the tree under acro, for 4 points.
"
Vei wrote:
Hope the above helps.

Regards

Thanks! Many great nuggets there, didn't think of the 30% qual craft/corrupt and Harvest Enchant combo. Will also hunt for oils for annoints.

Also, thanks for reminding me that Totems are me and are not minions. I've been using harvest reforges on Minion Jewels to get the blind/taunt, whoops! Also it's great since I was wanting to use Southbound gloves for challenges (asking my brother to cull them for us when the time is right) but I thought I needed a different character for that.
"
Vague_Density wrote:
Thanks! Many great nuggets there, didn't think of the 30% qual craft/corrupt and Harvest Enchant combo. Will also hunt for oils for annoints.

Also, thanks for reminding me that Totems are me and are not minions. I've been using harvest reforges on Minion Jewels to get the blind/taunt, whoops! Also it's great since I was wanting to use Southbound gloves for challenges (asking my brother to cull them for us when the time is right) but I thought I needed a different character for that.

No problem, Good luck and have fun! :)

"
ericchongws wrote:

I'll copy paste from my Guide's FAQ.

Q: How much pierce should we get on this build?

A: I recommend 2 to 3 pierce on this build.

Q: Where can I find some source of Pierce?

A: These are the possible sources of Pierce for this build:

Recommended Sources

- Implicit on Penetrating Arrow Quiver gives 1 Pierce

- "Projectiles Pierce an additional Target" bench craft on Gloves with Open Prefix - This bench craft has a chance to be obtained through unveiling Veiled Prefix Glove/Helmet drops from Immortal Syndicate member

- Projectiles Pierce 1, 2 or 3-5 additional Targets affixes on Hunter Influenced Boot - Note that "3-5" is only available through using a Maven's Orb on a boot with at least 2 influenced modifiers, one which is "Projectiles Pierce 2 additional Targets" and requiring the Maven's Orb to hit it.

- Piercing Shots Notable on the Passive Tree gives 2 Pierce

- Small Notable near Piercing Shots Notable on the Passive Tree gives 1 Pierce

- A Synthesized Quiver can have the Arrows Pierce 3 additional Targets implicit(This is pretty rare, even more so for a high item level base one )

Other Sources

- Pierce Support Gem gives 2 to 4 pierce - If you using a Tabula Rasa or 6 Link Body Armour, you can use this Gem as the 5th/6th Gem. Not recommended to use on Frostferno

- Poacher's Aim Unique Viridian Jewel gives 1 pierce - This is obtained as a quest reward from Act 5 The King's Feast Quest. It's a very weak Jewel so only use it if you really don't have any other options

- Essence of Insanity crafted Quiver guarantees "Projectiles Pierce 2 additional Targets" on it

- Projectiles Pierce an additional Target as an affix on Elder(Ilvl 68+) or Hunter(Ilvl 75+) Influenced Quivers

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Aug 2, 2021, 4:46:03 AM
After 11 poofs/white sockets/lightning damage leech helmets it happened.

Yaaay UwU
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
That is good to see these actually roll with the implicit.. I am up to 7 tries so far. Is there a guessed average number of tries to get the corrupted helmet?
"
Fuzzy66 wrote:
That is good to see these actually roll with the implicit.. I am up to 7 tries so far. Is there a guessed average number of tries to get the corrupted helmet?

RNG as usual . My friend got his helm from 2nd try.

Keep trying and you will get it!
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Hello!
First of all, thanks for the guide, it feels great to play this (this is my second season, still working my way through the Atlas and learning mechanics).

A few questions:
1). Flammability vs Sniper's mark: why chose one vs the other? I saw a few players using a 4-link: Frenzy + greater projectiles + Hextouch + Flammability. This is automated as you say.

2). Why do we want to use Marylene's Fallacy amulet? I have a low crit chance atm, and granted, I am still working on the setup / items. But aren't there better choices in that slot?

3). When/if you have time, please take a look at my character and suggest changes. Currently I am trying to find an aura setup without the Enlighten gem that is too expensive. I will also look for new rings, gloves (uff) and quiver.

Thanks, have a great day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info