Project Diablo 2 has me more interested than the next league, ouh man...

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

I brought in 4 friends to play PathOfExile with me, started awsome, explained skill tree, lore, and literally after a week, we solo-play our own stuff, we just show up on discord, all there, quiet, each playing his own. Somehow, somewhere, the co-op died, the feeling of adventure died.

But the biggest killer of all, this 5600 kills a minute -> 20 seconds speed run per map -> playing the game like a hamster with no end in sight, with no coop, everyone running in map like mouse to collect the cheese, has finaly killed it.

the adventure has died, the adventure with friends has died, this was the critical word that separates diablo2 and all other RPGs: "Adventure"

At first, I thought this title was basically talking about just another median xl mod or d2 "the hell" or w/e has been already out but this.........is different. You certainly have my attention with this, never even heard a whisper about this until now. (Ironically enough I came to PoE in 2012 straight from D2 when I heard someone mention it; it'd be crazy to suddenly go back to this lmfao. Go full circle.)

It looks good, at least from what I saw on the preview video. Whoever made it seems to have taken some well needed improvements to it but idk, personally I'd have been happy for a D2 & Hellfire combination game with HD. It does look way more appealing than that world of diablo aka d3 never bothered to play it

After watching this video it peaked my interest, I'm looking more into it and will actually download it. Trying not to get too excited but a fresh outlook on a classic is a great thing. Can't see quitting PoE but it's a nice alternative to play while sitting in the ho waiting for trades I suppose. Until GGG fixes all the crap and quality of life changes that's needed; this just might work. GGG rarely listens to people on their own site anyways, more time spent on 3rd party sites complaints and suggestions.

Thanks dude. +10 on this thread

you will get hooked asap, at leats i did, and the end game is improved a lottttt
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
After reading this thread i went to give it a shot. I was like "oh man! this is cool, all that memories coming back!" After ive done 1st act i got bit bored so went back to PoE, started new char and i was like WOW!!! those graphic look so great in poe! Well after half a day playin d2 im not surprised :D
I mean D2 is great, but is outdated.. If they make remake with new engine i would stick to it for while.. But for just now ill stick to PoE:)
Also did u tryed Last epoch? Its great game too! deffinetly worth to try man, is still in beta but worth those money:)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
The effort required to install Project Diablo 2 seems to me justified (or not) mainly by just how much a person wants to play a Diablo 2 LOD mod that goes to some pains to update its difficulty to match where current ARPG players seem to be, without creating much of a 'new' experience as most mods endeavour to do.

Notably its main 'rival', Path of Diablo, is *much* easier to install (possibly due to being older), and probably adds more to the Diablo 2 experience for most types of players, not

I've no horse in the race, but all else being equal, a clunky, amateur installation process rarely bodes well compared to a user-friendly launcher.

But if POD or PD2 tickle your particular ARPG bone, good for you. :)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 10, 2020, 4:44:41 PM
"
The effort required to install Project Diablo 2 seems to me justified (or not) mainly by just how much a person wants to play a Diablo 2 LOD mod that goes to some pains to update its difficulty to match where current ARPG players seem to be, without creating much of a 'new' experience as most mods endeavour to do.

Wow... seems like a PITA. By now it's probably easier to install and run it on Linux/ BSD in Wine than on a modern Windows 10.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
There is no right answer here..
Just play what u feel and thats it..

Im playing few different rpgs at the moment and it feels good..
I played Diablo 2 LOD like a year ago. I played it also when it came out, god knows how many years ago. All I can say - the game is painfull to play. Your character gets stuck on every damn pebble, chest, corner and other shit, inventory is trashed by "talismans" which leaves barely any space, the crafting is even worse than PoE crafting.

Was Diablo 2 good game when it came out? Yes.
Is it good game thats worth going back in 2020? Hell no.

Lets not pretend that all those mods like Path of Diablo, Median XL, Project Duablo etc are "Diablo 2".
Those are ARPGS made on Diablo 2 engine.
Thread's starter might wanna play Grim Dawn, which is wayyyy more similar to Diablo 2 than PoE ever was or more importantly became. Grim Dawn has that "adventure" aspect at 11. And probably the best co-op experience since Diablo 2, by light years.

PoE pretty much changed into a slot machine and left that "adventure" core experience a while ago ( years ). PoE probably has more in common with korean games where all you do is grind and grind and grind for just a few higher stats % chance, while decimating whole maps in a minute or two. Buggy, rushed, no soul, every league dump more and more useless crap on an already bloated AF game.

Play Grim Dawn ( or those D2 mods ) and just forget about this game. Maybe someday PoE will come back in the beast it once was, but i seriousle doubt it.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

Wow... seems like a PITA. By now it's probably easier to install and run it on Linux/ BSD in Wine than on a modern Windows 10.

It took me a couple minutes to install. Dl'd d2 and lod, then just dl'd pd2 and hit install.

I can also play regular d2lod or pd2 by choosing either shortcut.
its in an awful state, you wont be missing out. maybe next league they fixed the bugs. dont get me wrong: it has promise
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

Go play official Diablo 2 w/o any changes that are not made by Blizzard and tell me how fun it is.

D2, and especially classic D2 (pre-LoD) is great.

D2 classic >>>> LoD. Change my mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info