Project Diablo 2 has me more interested than the next league, ouh man...

Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

I brought in 4 friends to play PathOfExile with me, started awsome, explained skill tree, lore, and literally after a week, we solo-play our own stuff, we just show up on discord, all there, quiet, each playing his own. Somehow, somewhere, the co-op died, the feeling of adventure died.

But the biggest killer of all, this 5600 kills a minute -> 20 seconds speed run per map -> playing the game like a hamster with no end in sight, with no coop, everyone running in map like mouse to collect the cheese, has finaly killed it.

the adventure has died, the adventure with friends has died, this was the critical word that separates diablo2 and all other RPGs: "Adventure"
Last edited by Rinzlow on Nov 6, 2020, 7:40:47 PM
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2020, 4:07:28 PM
lol enjoy running endless cow levels and meph runs. There is almost nothing to do in D2.

Oh let me do a baal run and sit in a throne

Oh let me run 10,000 pindleskins or meph runs

Oh... I guess I'll do cow levels.

It was fun at the time but there is so much more to do in POE
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world

Then it's not the greatest in the world, and you have answered your own personal question that you didnt even bother to ask here.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Rinzlow wrote:
than the best ARPG in the world.

Not really the best if you're playing othere things..

neither to be played "forever".

But I suppose times changes for everyone.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Maybe there isn't a "best".
The best ARPG today is Demon Souls ...remake.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

I brought in 4 friends to play PathOfExile with me, started awsome, explained skill tree, lore, and literally after a week, we solo-play our own stuff, we just show up on discord, all there, quiet, each playing his own. Somehow, somewhere, the co-op died, the feeling of adventure died.

But the biggest killer of all, this 5600 kills a minute -> 20 seconds speed run per map -> playing the game like a hamster with no end in sight, with no coop, everyone running in map like mouse to collect the cheese, has finaly killed it.

the adventure has died, the adventure with friends has died, this was the critical word that separates diablo2 and all other RPGs: "Adventure"

At first, I thought this title was basically talking about just another median xl mod or d2 "the hell" or w/e has been already out but this.........is different. You certainly have my attention with this, never even heard a whisper about this until now. (Ironically enough I came to PoE in 2012 straight from D2 when I heard someone mention it; it'd be crazy to suddenly go back to this lmfao. Go full circle.)

It looks good, at least from what I saw on the preview video. Whoever made it seems to have taken some well needed improvements to it but idk, personally I'd have been happy for a D2 & Hellfire combination game with HD. It does look way more appealing than that world of diablo aka d3 never bothered to play it

After watching this video it peaked my interest, I'm looking more into it and will actually download it. Trying not to get too excited but a fresh outlook on a classic is a great thing. Can't see quitting PoE but it's a nice alternative to play while sitting in the ho waiting for trades I suppose. Until GGG fixes all the crap and quality of life changes that's needed; this just might work. GGG rarely listens to people on their own site anyways, more time spent on 3rd party sites complaints and suggestions.

Thanks dude. +10 on this thread
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
After watching this video it peaked my interest, I'm looking more into it and will actually download it.

I've made it one of my missions in life to introduce people to the word piqued.
Last edited by LennyLen on Nov 7, 2020, 12:52:50 AM
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
After watching this video it peaked my interest, I'm looking more into it and will actually download it.

I've made it one of my missions in life to introduce people to the word piqued.

Well played Sir. Touche.

On another note I just finished downloading it after checking it out about to run it now. After seeing more videos, it seems to be mostly based on the expansion LoD which I didn't like compared to the original D2. The xpac just convoluted the game with all the runes and charms. Too much extra crap needed and everyone looked the exact same with no diversity. Everyone's char was grey due to runewords. In plain D2 though, You had various colors and if lucky enough to get good stats, you could have a godly char in all red or all yellow, orange, etc.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
PoE has stuck is its own old reality.
Of corrupted manifests.
Which cannot be changed.

And tons of alrdy useless:
..gems, gear, ascendancies.

Seems like this

So
No wonder
It got stale
Last edited by DarkJen on Nov 7, 2020, 1:37:22 AM

Report Forum Post