Project Diablo 2 has me more interested than the next league, ouh man...

"Project Diablo 2"

"a 20-year old game"

Pick one tho.

Tried that median xl thing earlier this year, I'll stick to PoE thanks.

"
laxcrazy wrote:
lol enjoy running endless cow levels and meph runs. There is almost nothing to do in D2.

Oh let me do a baal run and sit in a throne

Oh let me run 10,000 pindleskins or meph runs

Oh... I guess I'll do cow levels.

It was fun at the time but there is so much more to do in POE

How could you forget countless countess rune runs...

"
The best ARPG today is Demon Souls ...remake.

Literally the best news I had in the complete shitstorm that was yesterday is that dark souls definitive edition has 1440p res and looks pretty good too on the new monitor.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Nov 7, 2020, 3:05:20 AM
I don't understand the hype about Project Diablo 2. Just looks like another Path of Diablo. Now if it were to feature that 4k 60fps AI remastered gameplay, I'd understand.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
After watching this video it peaked my interest, I'm looking more into it and will actually download it.

I've made it one of my missions in life to introduce people to the word piqued.

I peeked at this thread, my interest having sufficiently peaked upon being genuinely piqued by a 'Project Diablo 2' because it is a pitch quite piquant; I picture its potential puisance pissing on Path of Exile's precarious picaresque premise.

...No. Nostalgia is a noxious unction best left unindulged, a balm to be gently, gingerly massaged into the aching muscle of twitching memory rather than guzzled down like gutrot.

The best part is after you quit Path of Exile, this applies to that too! Truly, I have not thought so fondly of GGG's long-lost masterpiece in years...when I do.

Which I rarely do.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
NexiieQT wrote:
I don't understand the hype about Project Diablo 2. Just looks like another Path of Diablo. Now if it were to feature that 4k 60fps AI remastered gameplay, I'd understand.

Yeah I'd like someone to enlighten me aswell.
I checked the website and it defenitely looks like a Path of Diablo Clone (sounds funny). The only difference I found was the Party Dungeon feature.

So is there anything new or is it just SenpaiSomethings version to disagree with GreenDudes development?

"
pr13st wrote:
"Project Diablo 2"
Tried that median xl thing earlier this year, I'll stick to PoE thanks.

U can't compare MedianXL to anything like Path of Diablo or Project Diablo2.

MedianXL is a completely new game in D2s Engine, where as the other 2 r just enhanced versions of the original game.

If u liked D2 back then, u should give Path of Diablo a shot imo.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 7, 2020, 8:10:00 AM
D2 was kept alive for over a decade thanks to how it handled PvP.

Easily the most engaging, socially entwined experience is to have unmitigated, barely controllable PvP which exists in the world and arenas.

It's not for everyone. Some people like the hamster wheel. So let them have that. But do at least try to reach out to people looking for an engaging P2P experience. Maybe an item like a contract to sign a character up for PvP and once signed it's irreversible. Any time you enter the world outside of your hideout or town you will potentially be engaged with exile players in combat. With various rewards for assisting, defending and conquering.
yeah sure, pvp, good joke dude
Just another doomsday prophet. Welcome I guess.

3 challenges and 20 seconds per map.
I'm sure everyone believes that.

That game "project diablo 2" is interesting until it releases. Just like some poe leagues, unfortunately.
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

Go play official Diablo 2 w/o any changes that are not made by Blizzard and tell me how fun it is.
Last edited by Aynix on Nov 7, 2020, 12:59:06 PM
"
The best ARPG today is Demon Souls ...remake.

oh yea, pretty nostalgia a game released 2009. maybe when you born 2009.

Don't believe the Hype!
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
Literally a 20-year old game has me more interested than the best ARPG in the world.

Go play official Diablo 2 w/o any changes that are not made by Blizzard and tell me how fun it is.

It's a great game.

The "Diablo Battle Chest" is still on the shelf and being sold by any store that sells boxed PC games. It's also still being played and still has a "community" of players. Though, to be honest, I think some of those people would probably get a lot of benefit from at least going outside...

I need to buy a new Battle Chest, since D2+expansions is a game I always try to keep installed on a PC.

Is it comparable to PoE or even D3? No. It's not as broad, not as deep, and just more "mechanical" than "organic" like newer ARPG titles are. It also has very limited "crafting" compared to many RPG games these days.

But, it's a good game. Just because it's old or is sprite-based and doesn't make use of all the graphical capabilities in modern games doesn't mean its a bad game. The board game "Monopoly" is still a good game, too.

PS: I've been playing quite a bit of "Dungeonmans" lately. If anyone is looking for an old-school-kool fix, that's not a bad choice. Roguelight, though, with a progression element. But, has a ton of nice features and free-form character building as well as crafting elements. Just a plug for a fun, lighthearted, kind of play experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info