[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

"
dreamdance wrote:
I am sorry, but why should I use arcane surge, if we don't take Arcane Blessing node anymore, cause of removing immun to ailments.

Also build is out of date, cause of pros list: "immune to ailments"
correct me if I'm wrong

The build is immune to ailments.
Arcane swiftness + 20%
astral projector + 30%
helm craft + 25%
gloves craft + 25%

As for arcane surge, that still gives you spell Damage and increased Cast Speed.
"

The build is immune to ailments.
Arcane swiftness + 20%
astral projector + 30%
helm craft + 25%
gloves craft + 25%

As for arcane surge, that still gives you spell Damage and increased Cast Speed.

Ah, then sorry. I am newbie at playing builds, that use upper side of skill tree :D
Thoughts on Zealot's Oath? It's only 1 point and will make frost shield do more, and we get a lot of ES from ascendency nodes.
What about swapping Skin of the lords to double inf. chest? There're a lot of good options. Explo, +1 supp gems, +1 active skills, spell base crit, power charge on crit, shaper's mom.

Thinking it over now
Pls, can u tell me how you trigger spell in your trigger wand? I cant find any wand skill for it
Thanks for answer.
"
icinko wrote:
Pls, can u tell me how you trigger spell in your trigger wand? I cant find any wand skill for it
Thanks for answer.

there's craft option in craft bench. you can ask somebody to craft it, if you don't have it. But you must have 1 open suff for it
Dreamdance,
thanks for answer, i know it, but in my opinion you have to use any wand skill (frenzy, power siphon and any other) to proc the spell
And I cant see which one he use
Or you can use any skill for procing ?
Last edited by icinko on Feb 20, 2021, 11:27:32 AM
"
icinko wrote:
Dreamdance,
thanks for answer, i know it, but in my opinion you have to use any wand skill (frenzy, power siphon and any other) to proc the spell

You can't use damaging skills yourself because of Ancestral Bond, the +1 totem notable you take on the left. That's why you have 'quality of life' spells like Culling Strike there.
"
dreamdance wrote:
What about swapping Skin of the lords to double inf. chest? There're a lot of good options. Explo, +1 supp gems, +1 active skills, spell base crit, power charge on crit, shaper's mom.

Thinking it over now

I skipped Harvest league and have no experience with the crafting or modifiers. Spell Crit is one of the strongest single modifiers, but it by itself pales in comparison to a proper Skin of the Loyal, when it comes to DPS. The benefit of using a Harvest-crafted chest is you can get a much better balance of EHP, Chaos Res, etc, at the cost of bigger DPS.

"
Zealous_Zebra wrote:
Thoughts on Zealot's Oath? It's only 1 point and will make frost shield do more, and we get a lot of ES from ascendency nodes.

I don't think the benefit is strong enough, and worth giving up all Life regen for. POB shows Zealot's Oath making me lose over half of my effective regen too (from ~800 to 400). I haven't tried it though, and Zealot's Oath should at least be usable enough if you wanted to test it yourself.
"
Ezechiel007 wrote:
"
icinko wrote:
Dreamdance,

You can't use damaging skills yourself because of Ancestral Bond, the +1 totem notable you take on the left. That's why you have 'quality of life' spells like Culling Strike there.

Thank you Ezechiel for helping answer this.

@icinko, you can put many different Spell gems into a "trigger weapon". Like over a 100. So there's lots for you to play with. These spells become triggered, with an internal cooldown, every time we press a skill, which includes summoning a totem. Spells that become triggered will automatically spawn or target wherever your mouse cursor is currently (or on yourself, if that's how that spell works).

Hiero Totem characters can't deal damage directly, and that includes with the "trigger weapon", but you can still *hit* enemies. So that's why you might use Storm Brand combo'd with Culling Strike or Power Charge on Crit. Blade Blast is also good here, because that spell applies a debuff on the enemy that would increase our DPS.

As of 3.13, if you're taking "Conviction of Power" on your Ascendancy for the free Power & Endurance charges, then I would recommend this in your "trigger weapon" as a 3-Link:

Blade Blast (G)
Culling Strike Support (G)
Storm Brand (B)

I like Storm Brand here as a redundant source of Culling Strike, because Storm Brand has one of the fastest 'hit' rates in the game, and the spell lingers on the ground for future enemies. You can also change Storm Brand into a defense-focused spell, like Frost Shield or Tempest Shield.
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Feb 21, 2021, 11:32:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info