[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

I did dark pact totems but in a different variant I suppose you could say, went Agnostic with MoM. Did all the content with it. 4k life 4k mana Crit pretty solid overall

"
linear092 wrote:
I did dark pact totems but in a different variant I suppose you could say, went Agnostic with MoM. Did all the content with it. 4k life 4k mana Crit pretty solid overall

Congrats on those rares, some juicy rolls there! I like your approach to Agnostic, and I'll be importing your POB since your build looks unique and strong.

Soul Mantle (+2 here) and that helmet are probably the strongest way to build Dark Pact Totems, from a DPS perspective and when budget is no matter :)

edit: with that helmet and your tree, it looks like you had to drop Elemental Ailment Immunity. That's a tough sacrifice to make!
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Apr 8, 2021, 6:04:52 PM
I've been super looking forwarded to trying this build out this league. I'm pretty excited but curious if you saw the update stuff and if you think anything will have a major impact on this build? It did not really look like it will be effected too much but I also don't know a lot about why certain things work and some don't. Also, I'm really impressed with your responses to people asking questions. Do you stream or youtube or anything? thanks!
"
TitsMcGhee wrote:
I've been super looking forwarded to trying this build out this league. I'm pretty excited but curious if you saw the update stuff and if you think anything will have a major impact on this build? It did not really look like it will be effected too much but I also don't know a lot about why certain things work and some don't. Also, I'm really impressed with your responses to people asking questions. Do you stream or youtube or anything? thanks!

A potential negative change for this build is the Crafting Bench / Veiled Mod changes, since a lot of the crafting rolls are being globally nerfed. And the "Avoid Elemental Ailments" craft for the Chest was shown to be reduced, which makes me wonder if the Helmet/Gloves craft is also reduced. This craft gives us 100% ailment immunity, which is really fricken nice. If that is reduced, then gearing will be even harder to reach 100% (Shaper boots, or crafted rare chest). Or just skip immunity, and go full DPS with the Maven helmet and a Soul Mantle chest. https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Viridi%27s_Veil

I'm not expecting any intentional nerfs to totems, Dark Pact, Hiero, etc. Will be reading the patch notes of course! No Twitch or YouTube, I leave that to the people who actually crave social interaction!!

I'll be playing at league start, either as a Hiero totem character with intent to go Dark Pact, or as an Elementalist (Burning Arrow, Ele Hit, Arma Brand, new spell?), or return to an original love of mine, Lightning Trap lol.
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Apr 10, 2021, 11:40:58 AM
"
A potential negative change for this build is the Crafting Bench / Veiled Mod changes, since a lot of the crafting rolls are being globally nerfed. And the "Avoid Elemental Ailments" craft for the Chest was shown to be reduced, which makes me wonder if the Helmet/Gloves craft is also reduced.

Yes, but if you are able to unveil it on an item, it should be ok right? Since unveiling now is a normal mod and higher values. Obviously would have to do some grinding and potentially bricking many things to get it but I would think that is still possible. Although, It might be more worth the time/materials to just go DPS and settle for what immunity you can get. That Maven maven helm does look pretty sick for this build at the cost of no life or imun/res.
Yes the Unveil will have the higher roll, but the odds of dropping an item that has Life, Mana, Ele Res, has the Unveil as a suffix and not a prefix, and then randomly roll the Unveil into Avoid Elemental Ailments... AND it needs to be a max roll of 25%, not 24 or less.

Those are all terrible odds.
So you're saying there's a chance! haha. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Well, life mana and ele res are pretty common so that shouldn't be too hard. And really you get to pick out of 3 for the unveil and then you can always Divine it for the 25 assuming you have the correct tier to begin with. I do agree, still unlikely but still possible. Plus with the veiled chaos orbs now it may even be easier to work that out than before depending on their rarity and price. Either way, my body is ready.
Last edited by TitsMcGhee on Apr 10, 2021, 10:59:17 PM
hi, are you streaming @ twitch? if you do so pls post link here (also in private to me so i dont miss it)
"
BlueeGreg wrote:
"
linear092 wrote:

Congrats on those rares, some juicy rolls there! I like your approach to Agnostic, and I'll be importing your POB since your build looks unique and strong.

Soul Mantle (+2 here) and that helmet are probably the strongest way to build Dark Pact Totems, from a DPS perspective and when budget is no matter :)

edit: with that helmet and your tree, it looks like you had to drop Elemental Ailment Immunity. That's a tough sacrifice to make!

Thanks, first time actually playing Agnostic on Totems so far I've been really into it.

I've never tried putting on ailment immunity on gear, but I think that would be a nice thing to have, freeing up some space for other gear/flasks. We'll see what we get on patch notes. I think I'll have to try this again after I have gathered some currency. I think I'm still sold on my Worb totem league start. We'll see how it goes.

Here is the PoB(Fork) btw : https://pastebin.com/rFt7jUbz
Last edited by linear092 on Apr 12, 2021, 4:16:56 PM
Hellu c:,

First off, nice Guide!

But I wanted to ask what should I change about PoB and rolls for a exsanguinate totem build? i love the skill design and would like to see my totems spreading blood everywhere. I know it not much known but the patchnotes showed some new stuff for bleeding. Would phys bleed even work with totems?

Im sorry for the big text, Im new-ish and love totems AND exsanguinate.

And Im really sorry for my english..
Last edited by Vixen_GSG9 on Apr 13, 2021, 9:03:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info