[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

@OmegaPeePeeClap

You might want to sell your chest! The double corrupt of AOE and Projectile, we don't take advantage of, but another build might for that super niche yet powerful combo. For example, skills like Ball Lightning and Pyroclast Mine both use those tags. You are not getting the most value out of the chest, while someone else might.

I looked over your gear and tree, and things look spot on. I'm impressed with your Chaos res, since that was a very weak spot for me last league, and without Harvest or infinite currency, I didn't know how to fix it. Other than your ring missing both Life and Mana, and one of your jewels missing Life, you've done a good job prioritizing defense for a Level 90 character. Oh and flasks missing 20% quality, and without BIS prefixes, is a trigger for me :)

You shouldn't be getting one shot left and right, because you shouldn't be getting hit that much at all. This character is not a face tanker, but it should be able to weather a few hits or two. I refuse to play a true glass cannon style build, and I am adamant that this build is way more robust than a glass cannon. Part of the reason I put the cheeky "EZ Level 100" in the title here. I was proud of *my* accomplishment and I thought the build was worth sharing.

I can tell you haven't played the character for terribly long, since your support gems haven't hit natural Level 20. That's a decent barometer for playtime, followed by natural Level 20 again, if you GCP flip the gems. There's so much more playtime ahead of you.

You've laid out for yourself a perfect foundation. Now, you need to master the playstyle of this character. That's the only way for your character to grow. Learn its strengths and its weaknesses. Know which tilesets make you clench tightly, and know which tilesets you can roll with your eyes closed. Dying is not acceptable and play like dying is not acceptable.
hey man, thanks for the reply, I thought the AOE implicit on the skin of the loyal is what we wanted? it makes my dark pact totems level 29, if i can get a 21 anomalous dark pact then ill be sitting at level 30 dark pact totems.

I think i figured out why i was dying so much, i didnt do the soul of lunaris "avoid projectiles chain" pantheon, once i grabbed that and filled out the rest, I have only died twice, both times on really hard juiced up t16 bosses. I have made it from level 89 to 91 now since i wrote that post. The projectiles i noticed were just wrecking me, but yeah now that i have the playstyle down and the right pantheons now, the build once again fills much better, i also grabbed more mana nodes on the tree, so now im at 4k life and 2k mana. and it does feel much better

i know the double corrupt projectiles doesn't help, but i thought the AOE implicit does? being dark pact is an AOE skill. it says in your guide to grab a +2 AOE tabula, and that's what i was using until i was able to afford this. unfortunately it was the only +2 aoe implicit one on the market and just also had projectiles, i couldn't find another one with the colors we use on the market with the +2 aoe, so i bought this one. let me know what you think

Any ways, thanks for the tips on the flasks and the gems, i will keep leveling them up, so far the build is extremely strong to take on everything so far in the game, i even did shaper, uber elder, sirus A8 and valdo area 10 boss fights, all deathless, the build is so damn strong, it just melts bosses. great guide man!

@OmegaPeePeeClap

Lol yes your chest works fine, since it has the +2 AOE Gems implicit. My point is that there's no benefit to the +2 Projectile gems, but someone else might be able to benefit more. You can keep using the chest since it is what we need, and the bonus corruption is a bit of a flex :)
I noticed that we are taking max frenzy charges on rings, how are we generating frenzy charges? I have the "gain and endurance, power, or frenzy charge every 6 seconds" on the wand, but that isnt enough to even get me a solid 3 frenzy, let alone 5 or 6.
"
I noticed that we are taking max frenzy charges on rings, how are we generating frenzy charges? I have the "gain and endurance, power, or frenzy charge every 6 seconds" on the wand, but that isnt enough to even get me a solid 3 frenzy, let alone 5 or 6.

The craft on the ring/amulet is +1 Minimum Frenzy, which means it is always present. So the minimum goes from 0, to 1 or 2.
"
The craft on the ring/amulet is +1 Minimum Frenzy, which means it is always present. So the minimum goes from 0, to 1 or 2.
Ahhhhh, I understand now, thanks! Loving the build so far right now but I am not sure what my priority upgrade is at the moment.
"
"
Ahhhhh, I understand now, thanks! Loving the build so far right now but I am not sure what my priority upgrade is at the moment.

A better weapon is always a priority, and one that has +1 Chaos on it. A different shield that has room for crafted Life (or better). Maybe splurge for an already enchanted, already rolled good pair of Boots and let that be a cornerstone item for the rest of your char (or buy pre-rolled boots and get to work on some Twice Enchanted uber lab runs).

As you keep pushing the levels and XP, you're gonna need Life (and some Mana) in every item. So keep that in mind too.
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Feb 2, 2021, 11:09:23 PM
I apologize if this was already answered, but why don't we take the Shamanistic Fury near the Mind Over Matter / Witch Strength Node?
"
Nexas01 wrote:
I apologize if this was already answered, but why don't we take the Shamanistic Fury near the Mind Over Matter / Witch Strength Node?

The stats aren't worth the 3 skill points. Non-Hiero totem characters might want it, for the Placement Speed, but Hiero has lots of Placement Speed already. The DPS is decent, but still not really worth 3 skill points. You could take Shamanistic Fury instead of Mental Rapidity, which we take but it's also fairly weak.

Or take neither, and spend those points towards Scion's Constitution life wheel.
I am sorry, but why should I use arcane surge, if we don't take Arcane Blessing node anymore, cause of removing immun to ailments.

Also build is out of date, cause of pros list: "immune to ailments"
correct me if I'm wrong
Last edited by dreamdance on Feb 14, 2021, 2:51:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info