[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
Jaapstam wrote:
Loving the build so far, still early maps and gearing up but it's a breeze. By the way, for anyone interested, I found an easy way to get either +1 fire spell or x% fire dmg as chaos on shield.
1) search for shield with block mod + high life roll + inc (fire) spell dmg (= prefix), empty prefix and 2 suffixes (1 empty suffix for block craft).
2) block all suffixes with any craft, or you can roll fire res
3) augment fire , the spell dmg blocks % inc fire dmg, only possible rolls are +1 fire spell skill gems or x% fire dmg as chaos dmg.

I rolled 7% fire dmg as extra chaos, not sure if +1 fire spell skill gems is better. Theoretically can easily reroll wtih remove/augment fire, haven't seen that craft yet though.

Glad you like the build.

Keep in mind this only works reliably on shaper base, not warlord, and only with an ES only base. But yes, if you have high flat life and the recover mod on a shield, you can do pretty sick things with harvest.

+1 fire is better than the conversion, but not by a huge margin. If you have other slots to spend currency on, the shield is probably not priority no. 1.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 29, 2021, 5:02:00 AM
I've been using a sinvictas mettle in my weapon swap to trigger rampage and it's been quite fun for general clearing and pretty helpful in rituals lol
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
"
TSA_Ryan wrote:
I've been using a sinvictas mettle in my weapon swap to trigger rampage and it's been quite fun for general clearing and pretty helpful in rituals lol

Yeah it is great, I already posted it in my guide as well. Be careful though, you literally cannot block while swapped.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
TSA_Ryan wrote:

Yeah it is great, I already posted it in my guide as well. Be careful though, you literally cannot block while swapped.

Yeah I try and have it triggerd before I start it lol
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
Hey Moe, I wanted to say thanks for sharing the build. While I'm still rather new the guide was easy to follow and the build itself is a lot of fun. I'm just now getting into t14 maps but I've really enjoyed myself throughout the entirety of the league thanks to your build.

I have one question that I've been trying to figure out though.. I decided to roll on some hunter boots for tailwind, and I also have some redeemer boots with % chance to gain onslaught.. I was thinking of using an awakener's and then harvesting the ms/life or whatever else but I'm just confused how you were able to get both tailwind and projectile pierce on your boots since they're both hunter influence?

Thanks again for the build!
"
Adacico wrote:
Hey Moe, I wanted to say thanks for sharing the build. While I'm still rather new the guide was easy to follow and the build itself is a lot of fun. I'm just now getting into t14 maps but I've really enjoyed myself throughout the entirety of the league thanks to your build.

I have one question that I've been trying to figure out though.. I decided to roll on some hunter boots for tailwind, and I also have some redeemer boots with % chance to gain onslaught.. I was thinking of using an awakener's and then harvesting the ms/life or whatever else but I'm just confused how you were able to get both tailwind and projectile pierce on your boots since they're both hunter influence?

Thanks again for the build!

First of all, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

About the boots... I just happened to buy them with both mods + life on and harvest crafted the rest. Tbh the pierce mod on the boots is basically useless, since I recrafted the gloves for it. We want EXACTLY one pierce, not more, because otherwise the projectiles fly through the pack and land in the wall. And since fireball has two damage components, the hit and the explosion, but only the hit triggers on the pierced mobs, we definitely want the balls to explode in the pack.

For your onslaught idea: I would strongly suggest you use a Cinderswallow Urn (with crit or stun avoid enchant), because it has triple benefits: It gives Salvo dps, onslaught AND 3% life/ES on kill. You could replace the Quicksilver, since we Shield Charge all the time anyway.

The perfect boots are probably Elusive+Tailwind, if you want to go on with the Awakener's Orb plan.
Added Maven fight to front page. Not the cleanest of all kills but oh well.
"
First of all, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

About the boots... I just happened to buy them with both mods + life on and harvest crafted the rest. Tbh the pierce mod on the boots is basically useless, since I recrafted the gloves for it. We want EXACTLY one pierce, not more, because otherwise the projectiles fly through the pack and land in the wall. And since fireball has two damage components, the hit and the explosion, but only the hit triggers on the pierced mobs, we definitely want the balls to explode in the pack.

For your onslaught idea: I would strongly suggest you use a Cinderswallow Urn (with crit or stun avoid enchant), because it has triple benefits: It gives Salvo dps, onslaught AND 3% life/ES on kill. You could replace the Quicksilver, since we Shield Charge all the time anyway.

The perfect boots are probably Elusive+Tailwind, if you want to go on with the Awakener's Orb plan.

I definitely plan on grabbing a Cinderswallow here in the next day or two, there have just been a few things I've been wanting to upgrade/harvest on and I've been dumping money into that & on an elder wand that I think is going to turn out pretty great. I also need to work on my shield and harvest on my ammy/chest.

So yeah, still a lot to work on but it's exciting and quite a lot of fun. After reading through elusive it didn't excite me too much, but I think you're definitely right about the boots/cinderswallow combo. It was awesome to get some insight from you though, surely appreciate it!
Last edited by Adacico on Jan 30, 2021, 1:34:45 PM
I'm having fun with the build overall and pretty maxed out most of my gear but I think the real issue with this build is life tbh. Way too hard to get to life wheel and by the time you hit lv 90 you barely start going to the life wheel. Also, you will be sitting at around 5k hp at lv 90 which really sucks when trying to boss. Dunno what to min and max anymore.... Lots of dps just not enough life to not get one shotted with this build.
"
Sw0rdSaint wrote:
I'm having fun with the build overall and pretty maxed out most of my gear but I think the real issue with this build is life tbh. Way too hard to get to life wheel and by the time you hit lv 90 you barely start going to the life wheel. Also, you will be sitting at around 5k hp at lv 90 which really sucks when trying to boss. Dunno what to min and max anymore.... Lots of dps just not enough life to not get one shotted with this build.

The roadmap of this guide is not meant to be a definite solution for everyone. If you feel you have more than enough dps but lack life, just skill life earlier. The endgame life is definitely enough. I am sitting on 6.7k life and 1k ES, so 7.7k effective life after mitigation. I basically never die anymore, leveled to 99 without a single Chayula Breachstone or anything like that.

The build consists of many defensive layers, and imo they work together very well and are definitely sufficient for softcore.

Constitution is a very strong node, and together with the strength nodes and the one point jewel socket it is definitely worth to go for it. I see you opted for the cluster jewel road without the life wheel, which is exactly what I did not propose. So I think it is a little bit unfair to accuse my guide for that.

At level 90 without cluster jewels, you have almost the whole life wheel skilled, which is what my guide is suggesting.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 30, 2021, 2:38:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info